What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Machida needs to retire now. I think he will. Colby is good but not up to the power of Woodley.

Poor Hunt is having brain problems. I thought he had a rock inside that head but I guess not. For 219 they are considering Mac and Diaz for the main. Not gonna support Mac after his fight with Mayweather. He was not prepared for that fight or simply lacks cardio to go more than 10 minutes.

N

NBE One !

Ain't that a Shame that isn't 209, might o' given Nate some extra - uUmPH !

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah, Machida needs to retire now. I think he will. Colby is good but not up to the power of Woodley.

Poor Hunt is having brain problems. I thought he had a rock inside that head but I guess not. For 219 they are considering Mac and Diaz for the main. Not gonna support Mac after his fight with Mayweather. He was not prepared for that fight or simply lacks cardio to go more than 10 minutes.

G `day Yesum

May - Mac was a scam of gigantic proportions .
But don`t be surprised if this time next year we are talkin May / Mac II.

I`m backing micheal the C* nt Bisping .
That fcker has hidden charms it seems . He has eventually won me over . I used to dislike him very much . Now days I really like him .

Good luck getting it to the mat GSP . If Uncle Chael couldn`t take Bisping down I think GSP is gonna struggle .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bisping is a guy you love to hate. He loves the hate too. I think he is really one of the better people in the game as a person.

He has too much for GSP. His boxing should provide the edge he needs. GSP has an outstanding jab but I think the Count beats him up as the bigger dude.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Yesum

I`ve watched a cpl of video break downs of GSP and how his style evolved over the years . Early days he was square on . Allowed for lots of kicks and punches with both sides of the body . Later he trained with Freddy Roach and went fully side on and worked the jab like no one else . But it took away from his rear hand power . Against Hendrix he went to a middle stance . Slightly less effective jab but better lateral movement and more power to the rear hand . Interesting study .

Bisping`s 1-2 is hard to avoid . He`s hit a lot of good fighters with it .
GSP is gonna have to be on the Lance Armstrong juice to keep it up for 5 rounds I think .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
My first memory of bisping was seeing him get KTFO by dan henderson, who floored him and then followed up with another big shot while bisping was on the ground. That was 8 years ago.
I missed their rematch last year, which i guess bisping won by unanimous decision. He's middleweight champ, so he's done well for himself.
Should be a good fight with GSP. At middleweight, GSP wont have the size/strength advantage he had over most welterweights. GSP's takedowns and wrestling was olympic class before he retired, and his striking was elite as well, particularly his jab and kicks. It'll be interesting to see what his skills and speed are like after 4 years of retirement. He's 36, so not in his prime, but also hasnt taken damage and injuries the last 4 years.
Im going to go with GSP over Bisping, unanimous decision.

Meraxes

Veteran
Yea Machida can fight as long as he wants...I mean the Game of Thrones song lol. Get it together...:biggrin:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
People should have seen this coming when, after the UFC sold for 4 billion dollars, Conor said he knows what his value is as a fighter: 4 billion dollars.
Also, now that he's tasted a major boxing payout, he's not going back to the UFC and fighting for 5-10 million per match. If he's racking up 1 million ppv buys for his fights, he's going to want 20-30M or more.
His greed and materialism are somewhat off-putting, but on the bright side i think he's setting an example for future MMA fighters to really take financial control of their futures...

Bwanabud

People should have seen this coming when, after the UFC sold for 4 billion dollars, Conor said he knows what his value is as a fighter: 4 billion dollars.
Also, now that he's tasted a major boxing payout, he's not going back to the UFC and fighting for 5-10 million per match. If he's racking up 1 million ppv buys for his fights, he's going to want 20-30M or more.
His greed and materialism are somewhat off-putting, but on the bright side i think he's setting an example for future MMA fighters to really take financial control of their futures...

I partially agree, but in the end huge paydays for fighters can only mean much higher PPV costs to the consumer...and no more FREE fights on TV either, that shiit will cost them too much money.

CMG is 1 fighter, the UFC can survive without him...if they let him control the game, fkn Woodley and Mighty Mouse will be next in line screaming for more cash.

Conor needs to defend his belt or give it up, he's been holding the weight class up long enough....just like Bisping.

N

NBE One !

Colby Covington " BRAZIL ure a DUMP" . :yoinks: :laughing: :whistle:
https://youtu.be/479l-lMFDh4

Some Class matchups Tonight. B' CMG vs Tony Ferguson should be a classic - when that happens.
Just saying the moneys gone to his head I t'hink - Guy shouldn't brag. He's not worth 4 billion! Lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think ppv fees have been steadily increasing, just like most other things you pay for (inflation). Now it's $60 for a decent ppv match, plus $10 for HD (used to be $40-50 for good ppvs). Conor vs Mayweather was $90, $100 for HD.
I guess there's a fine line between what you can charge and what people will pay for. I'd like to think if fighters get a bigger slice of the pie that means a smaller slice for other players.
I also think, like with boxing, there would still be free fight nights with the up and comers and the past their prime fighters.

No one wants to see woodley or demetrious fight, no matter how accomplished they are. Woodley is boring and demetrious is in the smallest weight division.

Conor isnt worth 4billion but he might be worth 1 billion when he's done fighting. If he fought like 10 more big/huge matches he could approach 1B in career earnings. Isnt floyd near that mark also? But he'd have to fight into his mid to late 30s to make that much and theres a good chance he doesnt want to fight that long because of long term health concerns.

Conor and bisping picking fights based on money and not competition is what ufc has come to: spectacle over substance. If bisping wins or loses tonite, if it was an entertaining fight there might be an immediate rematch instead of the winner fighting the #1 MW contender, because a rematch would mean 800K ppvs sold instead of 500k. Same with conor probably fighting diaz at 155lbs next. Diaz-Conor III might mean 1.2M ppvs sold instead of 1M with the #1 lightweight contender.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Baba

Can Bisping counter GSP`s jab and take down ?
Can Thug Rose take Joanna`s back and choke her ?
Has Cody`s back recovered enough for him to deal with TJ`s style ?

All will be revealed in a few hours time .

Bisping , Joanna , Cody is my call . And Wonder Boy over Jorge .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

N

NBE One !

Ahaaa ! - Broken stream ,saw non of the fight N then caught Rose being interviewed. She koed her ! - wuuUU.

N

NBE One !

Would like tj to win but doubt that

What ,what's happened , he beat him (((-: WuuuU

As I was writing. ;

CG plays to the cameras too much.

Last edited: