What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Agreed. I was just speaking of the dislike of fighters for not being exciting, as being wrong.

Woodley strikes me as pretty smart. He figured he would rather have his ranking than risk it and have greater marketability. Maia is a terror on the ground, as scary as Woodley is standing. If we were in there we might well take the safe road too.

As boring as it was I thought Woodley fought smart to retain the title. You only get so much mileage out of your body. He's got plenty of other matchup that suit a more exciting style and if he wants more money he can turn on the theatrics the way other fighters do. He's in an organization that uses fighters like disposable commodities to earn money being a team player may work out for a select few but they are the exception not the rule.

Bwanabud

I agree guys

My point wasn't to bash Woodley, just that he's on a run of slow fights...including both Wonderboy fights. That makes 3 slow azz boring fights in a row, and doesn't help your marketability/value. The Thompson fights are an example of striker vs striker, yet Woodley said he had no intention of exchanging with a dangerous kicker like Wonderboy...so he kept his distance in that fight too.

Ever since CMG has signed for big cash, Woodley has appeared at all press conferences and post fights wearing his big damn sunglasses, and telling everyone how great he is...he thinks he can manipulate the match up's by insulting the boss, and calling out fighters that gain nothing by fighting him(Bisping for example)...he thinks very highly of his value, including Super fights nobody wants to see.

He needs to rethink his strategy, before Dana lets him go to Bellator.

He's not conor McGregor who was oversized for his weight class then later moved up to his proper weight class. McGregor is talented and had a smart game plan to market himself. The Diaz brothers shit talked their way into.most fights. Woodley says those things because he has seen it work for other fighters. He has also seen how to maintain the title in a very deep division which is by nullifying the strengths of your opponent. People shit talked gsp most of his career saying how boring he is. Woodley is fighting to be the champ for a long time. McGregor fights like that because he doesn't fight to maintain titles he picks paths that match up well for him to get to the big money.
Your argument is he better entertain you becAuse he is disposable. He realized this so he fights smart because he doesn't want to be disposed of. Sure its great to have guys like nicke Diaz but they don't tend to hold a title long. Some are down to fight toe to toe but those guys may end up punch drunk later on.

What it comes down to is the audience typically don't give a shit about the fighters they just want to be entertained. That means it's up to the fighters to look after themselves.

N

NBE One !

B' you and I have both stated how boring Maia is with his Constant bjj wins an' i believed at some point he would get hold of Tw but no.Couldn't make that happen. Props to maia though he took some heavy shots and still was game, his bjj
Jus' didn' work on T-Wood.

Lennox lewis was one of the most boring boxers ever ! Knew how to win tho ;

"Cyborgs a machine "
-
CMG ul take out moaneyweather , Quickly (((; .

N

NBE One !

Again...Tyrone woodley did fab in stopping d,maias greatest asset.

...Knew he had to be Alert to his greatest Dimension

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

Jus saying,matters are even on this part of icmag' know what I'm saying ; (; No expenditure. Chilling to Some here y'know ; Bless, [ but look at " of " your Streets ! TV News uL tell ya,pollutes fresh young mind,minds in general ...makes that way ]. a small amount But is STILL THERE !!! Kudos for awareness ; best preventative Solution. Thankyou for ' mostly ' Fine Visuals. Bu' what am I talkin' about ,all the nasts fizzing out anyhow ...

MMA! :D
...However
Weighins are the best viewing eye find,nowadays ...
[YOUTUBEIF]nVUX5QoQpHU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Post count your my friend HERE arnt ya (((-; Boxing thread Too!
:yes: , Blue jeans an Chino's Americano's. (-:
[ ...lyrics from a tune I use to bop too in the l8 eighties! (; ] ? before the "Acid" craze :D . Chicago House,you !

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334276&page=21

Last edited:

Meraxes

Veteran
Couple good ko's last night, the peruvian one which was the last good fight that evening...

N

NBE One !

FN 114 - Mekicco
Markos and Grasso ! = WuuuU , Sam wasn't smilling as much, a Close " rumble " (respecto) -with rashad
-
Meraxes!(;

...BIGGg sunglasses b' ((:) ...: dance:
-

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

7 Days to go boys ! ... "I'm telling ya none can take that left ", Furst round Furst rnd, what did i tell ya ! .... " ((:)

Meraxes

Veteran
Matt back on the mat...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 21055097_1382645045124642_1279221684493007391_o.jpg
    21055097_1382645045124642_1279221684493007391_o.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16

Bwanabud

Jon Jones stripped of LHW title !!!!

Fails USADA test, you fkn loser.

USADA informed Jones and the UFC on Tuesday of a “potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.” USADA offered no details, but TMZ reported it was turinabol.

As a repeat offender, Jones’ suspension could reach up to four years.

EDIT: Title not officially stripped as of yet, a hearing first.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Bwana

I saw that last night .
Had to confirm the source . I thought it was click bait .

Jon , Jon , Jon ... DC knew what he was talkin about .

Saddest part is they were looking at Bones vs Stipe .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bwanabud

Hey EB,
Yes the Stipe vs Jones fight would have been good,,,,Jones vs Lesnar would have even been interesting. Now Jones sits at home, waiting to cry at another press conference...such a waste.

Give the title back to Cormier