What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hoping Maia can win this. This is the kind of fight that looks like it will be one sided either way. Maia will win if he can get the takedowns.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poster boy for sloppy. Face down. Not that sloppy but enough to let a good opponent get to him. Manuwa.

Cyborg defeats a woman. yawn.

Cowboy and Lawler was fun. Did not know Cowboy had a bunch of his guts removed. Body shots must be a pain for him.

I think Woodley is too much for Maia. If he gets dumb like Manuwa well he gets what he deserves.

Not gonna be Bones night. Humility for him.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jones / Cormier seems like a fight of the year candidate on paper. Cormier gave Jones one of his toughest fights the first time.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jesus fucking christ. What a finish by Jones.

That was a brilliant performance by both guys until Jones landed the big high kick.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC was doing great till that high kick. Well the better man won even if he is or was a jerk.

Not a bad night of fights 3 of the 5 were good.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was the fight where Jones surpassed Anderson as the greatest of all time. As a fighter in the cage, not a role model or anything else.

GSPfan

Veteran
m314 for sure. Jones is now the p4p champ. That is until November or December when GSP fights and officially becomes active again. Then Jones will be a couple fights behind after GSP wins.
And I hope GSP ends up fighting Woodley instead of Bisping. Woodley just bothers the shit out of me. Not only because he ruined my bet tonight but because the guy is probably the most gifted athlete in the UFC but lacks some serious fight iq. Some things he does in a fight are just baffling when you see him have zero interest in using his advantages.

yts farmer

Veteran
m314 for sure. Jones is now the p4p champ. That is until November or December when GSP fights and officially becomes active again. Then Jones will be a couple fights behind after GSP wins.
And I hope GSP ends up fighting Woodley instead of Bisping. Woodley just bothers the shit out of me. Not only because he ruined my bet tonight but because the guy is probably the most gifted athlete in the UFC but lacks some serious fight iq. Some things he does in a fight are just baffling when you see him have zero interest in using his advantages.

Unlucky with the bet mate :tiphat:

Peace.

Bwanabud

Good fights

1)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Woodley is a POS puzzy fighter, he doesn't act nor fight like a Champ...shatters the record for the LEAST amount of punches thrown in a title fight. Props to Maia for working hard to take him down, I'm not a fan of "backpack" but at least he tried for 5 rounds straight.

After that boring display of skills, Woodley just lost the potential GSP fight according to Dana...it will now be Bisping vs GSP.

2) Jones wants Brock next, I hope he gets his wish and gets smashed by the 300 lb beast....and Brock is probably the only fighter I dislike more than Jones. Cormier gave it his all, he lost to a better fighter...best wishes to Daniel in the future.
[/FONT]

Meraxes

Veteran
Bbbb...bird is the word man! Bwana, Woodley was well coached, and did exactly what a logical mind should do to win. I'm very impressed with Tyron now, my guess is all takedown defence in training, and watching film of Anderson stuffing that shite n sprallin kicking those legs out instictively/excellent training. B, you're crazy too much time in the forest/I love you/get yourself together...:biggrin:

N

NBE One !

(-; CrazY b' ((:) ... Show us a pic of tha' L/H GoaT. He still a bar-steward and KNows Tha' ?

:yes: ((:)

-
perfectin smoke signals arnt yA!? :)
-
Mr Bill ! :D. ... BUTCH! BIG NAME, BIG CAT! ((:) :yes: , eats aloT ?!

well /: 3 weeks on saturday to go ... aNd i did expect a " Hiccup " was gonna come along ... pft, (- happy news C'moN !; ) ... apparantly was gonna get a bit of loot soon, but NOW will be a few weeks away ! /:; .... - just saying ,wanna set foot on American Soil. Bless.; pops,meaning good but says " I DOUBT THEY WILL LET YOU IN ANYWAY CUS OF CRIMINAL CONVICTION " *&(&!? ....bahaha comon not gonna Cultivate weed am i !
Hollaing away ... :)
fine watching in an Airport Bar anyway; buts on BTsport . sky box office for under £20 too ! Cheaper,... leaves more for Sniffin'! :D.
2 out of 3 aint bad ((:)
(-;

Pip says this...

They let me in after a three year prison sentence. Don't know what you don't tell them.

witty ���� !

Last edited:

Bwanabud

T wood may have won the fight, but he lost the opportunity at a big money fight with GSP...the UFC wants exciting fights, fighter that fight,,,Uncle Dana makes the call, like it or not boys.

Mr.Bill would have kicked Woodley's ass in 30 seconds, taken him out at the knees :)

Butch say's "you paid $60 to watch that shit fight ?, that's a lot of cat treats bro"

N

NBE One !

pops or (d.a.d) says of the Boxing event (tabloids,tabloids) ... Boxing Competitors say Conor will win and Ufc/mma Competitors say mayweather will win. ... :peacock: :biggrin:

Ya know what I'm getting at don't ya !? ...
" didn't go to plan for em. Sore. Arnt they

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woodley's job is to win fights not entertain me. He did his job. Mayweather is boring to me also, but no animosity towards him. GSP is a snooze too.

Not gonna spend money to see them fight either though. Not seeing too much coming up that excites me.

Bwanabud

Woodley's job is to win fights not entertain me. He did his job. Mayweather is boring to me also, but no animosity towards him. GSP is a snooze too.

Not gonna spend money to see them fight either though. Not seeing too much coming up that excites me.

I respectfully disagree :tiphat:

UFC fighters are private contractors, their value as fighters is based on public perception and ranking. Even if you're the Champ, and nobody wants to PAY to see you fight...you've massively limited your earning potential. Look at Mighty Mouse, Woodley, Aldo...then look at CMG, Cerrone, Jones.

Exciting fighters get more PPV's and more main events offered to them,,,without that they earn jack. It's up to them to promote their game, and fight exciting fights...if not sit at home and don't get paid. You don't get to slack off because you're champ, someone with no title will out earn you all day long...because they're fun to watch.

You said it all, "you aren't going to spend money to watch them"...that means the boss doesn't make money either. That's why Dana blasted him for being boring, but half of the blame goes to Maia also.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I understand the UFC is entertainment and not so much about athletic competition, but the individual fighter is still a fighter and not bound to anything but winning his fights.

Just saying the dislike of fighters for not being aggressive or taking risks is not rational. It is their body on the line and also their ranking.

Bwanabud

^^^I certainly get your point, but it's about competitive entertainment.

All employees at any career have the same option: Come and work hard, strive for new challenges, be a leader, go the extra mile, make bank for the boss...and get raises, promotions and accolades for your achievements.

Or: Just put in your 8 hours, never do anything above and beyond, show no desire to learn and improve your skills, make no effort to be a team player...be lucky to keep your job, never get a higher position, always biitch about your compensation.

Woodley doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want...but when fans don't want to watch you, don't complain about your salary or lack of PPV points. Don't blame the organization for not "promoting" you, don't call them racists because you're not getting big fights, don't announce to the press you have dirt on the boss & are willing to release it unless an apology comes.

There are whiners in the UFC that always claim the short end of the stick, yet they didn't have the initiative to do what needed done. Look at Mighty Mouse: We'll give you a big PPV event with large payday...fight Dillashaw...NO ! say's Mouse I'm protecting my chance to break the record and will fight Borg ? Dana says that division will be eliminated soon, who is there to challenge ? Mouse have the lowest PPV buy's on record, bad move Mouse. He's planning to move up in weight anyways.

And Woodley is the same, only wants the big names...CMG, GSP, Bisping,,,yea right, become a team player and maybe we'll listen. In the mean time you just make sure you win in the most boring style possible, piss off the boss...and wait for the phone to ring.

Good luck with that....it's business Woodley

Latest posts

Latest posts