What's new

U.S. Attorney Breaks Silence on Medical-Marijuana

S

SeaMaiden

I agree 100% lowman, but what about the people who can't get their meds except from a dispensary. I'm a caregiver in michigan and I have patients that I take care of, but If I run out of meds the dispensary is a viable place to get overages.

Or what about people that don't want to deal with a caregiver. The way our law is written, they want you to keep to going to the black market to get your meds. That's what I don't agree with. I think a dispensary is better any day. My brother got killed buying drugs at a drug house. Should we send otherwise law abiding citizens to these areas to buy medical cannabis? I think not. Fuck the dispensaries Just like fuck the government or fuck public schools. Of course theyre fucked, but since they're here, we should try to make them better.
Outlawing dispensaries is like outlawing weed. We don't need help governing ourselves, we need educated consumers.

I appreciate what you are donig for the cause lowman. I am after a similar goal. Hopefully I will see you around.
Exactly, what about those who, for whatever reason, cannot grow their own?

Or, as in my county, what about those who can only grow outdoors? What about those for whom 12 plants PER YEAR is simply not enough?

See we're still virgin territory in Mi seamaiden. We have no idea about the chaos that hasn't happened yet. 12 plants per year wow!! I also heard you have square footage and wattage restrictions. Is this true?

I mean in places where you can grow inside. Im scratching my head on that one...

S

SeaMaiden

So far not in my county we don't, but in many other counties these restrictions exist. And that's part of the problem, what and how much and by what method you can grow now varies on at least a county-by-county basis, if not a city-by-city. And! There's at least one city that I know of that's banned ALL cultivation, along with storefronts. There is another city, Rancho Cordova, that now intends to tax indoor growing space.

That requires that a patient report themselves, then allow an inspector into their home to measure and set the tax rate for that grow. I find it unimaginable, especially after what my sister has been through with the City of Oakland. In fact, it was through her hard work over the past 3 1/2 years that engendered the scathing Civil Grand Jury report about the city's building services department, that I believe spurred Jerry Brown's move to kill all redevelopment programs, and is why she's now on the city's building services task force.

You see, what happened to my sister was that a building inspector wanted to go through her home and make what amounted to a shopping list of violations, for which she would then be put on some kind of made-up violation correction program, all ostensibly in the name of blight abatement. Yet the blighted properties were not being abated, and homeowners were being forced out of their homes. It's a long, complicated story that isn't over yet.

Back to our locals and what they're doing to patients. They're completely and totally violating the intents and concepts behind the CUA (Compassionate Use Act, aka Prop 215) and the MMPA (Medical Marijuana Program Act, aka SB420). In fact, the actions being taken are essentially in direct violation of state law.
(See my sig)

wow I'm almost glad that we just got it now because it seems like it's been almost 20 years of a gray area for yall. Hopefully they will legalize the medical cannabis soon or at least deschedule it "for the good of the people"

we need more people like your sister and you my friend

T_B_M

From what I've been reading about dispensaries and growers that sell to them, is that prices are dropping a lot. Where does this 200% markup come from? What happened to the free open market? If people are dumb enough to go to dispensaries selling that high, that is their problem.

I've heard on more than one occasion about the prices per ounce were going down steadily in CA? What gives? Who and where are these greedy cash cows? With an open market, competition should limit prices unless there is collusion.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If people are dumb enough to go to dispensaries selling that high, that is their problem.

Uh, bingo.
Dont like the cost of gas, dont buy it and walk. Dont like the cost of pot dont buy it.

There is this fucking lie being blasted that people are making money hand over fist selling legal pot.
Who the fuck is raking in the cash like a pro nba player? Really. Who?
At the end of the day, after rent, taxes, employees, and suppliers are paid, whos rolling around in the phantoms?
There were a few folks 'flashing their bling' when things started in ca but those folks got 'corrected' by the law some time ago.
Nowadays folks are making just enough to get by now. Maybe they arent getting by by just the skin of thier teeth but they are not 'ballers' by any stretch of the imagination.
The govt has set up the war on two fronts - the religious/drugs are bad front, and the economic front.
See they are pissed theres money being exchanged and its not for them. So they make those disp operators the enemy of both the fed (who want thst $) and the folks that have no idea whats going on in "not cali" at all but wish they were getiing by a little easier too. because times are tough all over.

The economic front...Its like the wmds... Show me the wmds. Where are the wmds? Folks think there are wmds get their panties in a bunch and start fucking up someplace theyve never seen over something they never saw but swore was there. The 'money' is just like wmds. Yall are thinking out of the same brain them bush boys have lol

Seriously, all you 'economic issues w legal sales' folks... where are the wmds (whos making the money hand over fist)? There must be thousands right?

Show me please.
Or pull your head from out of your tail. Youre drinking the slightly less conataminated koolaid the govt wants you to drink.

Think about it.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
surely these dispensaries have to make a living and pay their overheads, so they have to make money??
they are providing a service to people by offering them a choice of strains in a safe environment, neither of which would be possible on the black market- and they do this at risk to their own liberty from fed. laws.
takes balls in my humble opinion.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Just like the government to want to fuck over perfectly good capitalism just to get their cut.

Lowman

Uh, bingo.
Dont like the cost of gas, dont buy it and walk. Dont like the cost of pot dont buy it.

You asked me awhile back how does a disabled person get their meds...this was your defense against my distaste for the money mongering dispensaries....but then you agree with " Dont like the cost of pot dont buy it. " I guess the disabled folks can just suck it up eh? In your eyes!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You asked me awhile back how does a disabled person get their meds...this was your defense against my distaste for the money mongering dispensaries....but then you agree with " Dont like the cost of pot dont buy it. " I guess the disabled folks can just suck it up eh? In your eyes!

I took care of 15 people paralyzed from at least the waist down.
5 were fully quadraplegic bedridden folks.
If they didnt have money to pay for their live in nurse, who was gonna care for them professionally on a daily basis?
If they had no money for electricity, who was gonna supply them with power?
Its not about 'fuck them' but if i cant give something away because ill be financially in the hole beyond what im comfortable with i cant give something away. So...... Im a bad person for seeking reimbursement so i can make my rent buy food for my kids and gas up my truck? i have to eat the cost of acquisition/growing, or im a bad person?
Right.... Fuck you and fuck that.
How are they gonna get buds then if there isnt a line of folks waiting to give them a bag? If they cant cover reimbursement what are they gonna do?
They can try growing it themselves. And some did. Not very well mind you... But bless their hearts for trying.

So basically, theres expenses thst need to be covered. Thats the way it is. Do i like it? No. No one does.
But thats how it is for the baker the printer the web developer. Bummer.
Oh, thats how it is for doctors hospitals ambulances...
You think folks mangled in a car wreck get a free ride in the ambulance because their guts are hanging out? And a free 12hr surgery to put their stomach back in olace? No they get a big fat bill for it.... For a life and death predicament.
Hmmmm.....

Dont go all holier than thou when thats not real world scenario.

If you cant cover expenses you cant stay in business you cant keep helping people it becomes a one and done thing. I think thats kinda flawed but whatever floats your boat.

Youre the guy who thought clearex doesnt have sugar in it because you tasted it. Im the guy who read the label and knew it had sugar. K.

Anything else?

Where is all that money? All that profit?
Turrurists? They have it? Youre so sure theres so much money being pilfered straight to pocket i simply ask you to show your proof. Wheres the money?
Youve got my theory as to where the $$$ go. Its logical it makes sense its real world stuff. My theory is from personal experience operating as a caregiver dispensing buds.

Wheres your theory from and what experience do you have with it?

Business operators have a right to income no matter the business type.

How many bedpans have you changed as a non licensed non trained person for disabled people? I changed plenty while visiting my friends. And did some dishes. And sweep their floors.
I did things like that while i was supplying them w buds and requiring reimbursement. Pointing the wrong finger... One at me at 4 at you.

Lowman

I took care of 15 people paralyzed from at least the waist down.
5 were fully quadraplegic bedridden folks.
If they didnt have money to pay for their live in nurse, who was gonna care for them professionally on a daily basis?
If they had no money for electricity, who was gonna supply them with power?
Its not about 'fuck them' but if i cant give something away because ill be financially in the hole beyond what im comfortable with i cant give something away. So...... Im a bad person for seeking reimbursement so i can make my rent buy food for my kids and gas up my truck? i have to eat the cost of acquisition/growing, or im a bad person?
Right.... Fuck you and fuck that.
How are they gonna get buds then if there isnt a line of folks waiting to give them a bag? If they cant cover reimbursement what are they gonna do?
They can try growing it themselves. And some did. Not very well mind you... But bless their hearts for trying.

So basically, theres expenses thst need to be covered. Thats the way it is. Do i like it? No. No one does.
But thats how it is for the baker the printer the web developer. Bummer.
Oh, thats how it is for doctors hospitals ambulances...
You think folks mangled in a car wreck get a free ride in the ambulance because their guts are hanging out? And a free 12hr surgery to put their stomach back in olace? No they get a big fat bill for it.... For a life and death predicament.
Hmmmm.....

Dont go all holier than thou when thats not real world scenario.

If you cant cover expenses you cant stay in business you cant keep helping people it becomes a one and done thing. I think thats kinda flawed but whatever floats your boat.

Youre the guy who thought clearex doesnt have sugar in it because you tasted it. Im the guy who read the label and knew it had sugar. K.

Anything else?

Where is all that money? All that profit?
Turrurists? They have it? Youre so sure theres so much money being pilfered straight to pocket i simply ask you to show your proof. Wheres the money?
Youve got my theory as to where the $$$ go. Its logical it makes sense its real world stuff. My theory is from personal experience operating as a caregiver dispensing buds.

Wheres your theory from and what experience do you have with it?

Business operators have a right to income no matter the business type.

How many bedpans have you changed as a non licensed non trained person for disabled people? I changed plenty while visiting my friends. And did some dishes. And sweep their floors.
I did things like that while i was supplying them w buds and requiring reimbursement. Pointing the wrong finger... One at me at 4 at you.

:moon:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Reality Check...

Reality Check...

Depending on the patients situation we would somehow make it work if they could not afford meds. Most were able to help us with various volunteer work in exchange for meds. For the very sickest low income and terminal patients that couldnt afford it we would give them a care package once or twice a month depending on situation and sometimes we had vendors who would bring in medicated butter, shake or spare nugs / hash for us to help with those who could not afford their own. There is really a community effort to help those who for whatever reason can not help themselves, regardless of lowman thinking its only "drug dealers" who ride in luxury sport cars and live in mansions with their feet up on piles of cash all day - most of the people I associated with as well as myself lived pretty humble and went above and beyond to help those in the community.

Also, most of us volunteered time, money and commodity items (food-clothes-shoes-etc.) to the local community outreach / charity programs. Id rather have a higher level of life enjoyment in our society than to pinch every penny and step on every person so that I can own or purchase unnecessary luxuries, while others go without the basic life necessities - and im not the only one in this industry who lives this way. I know many growers, vendors and dispensary owners - and 99.9% arent living like the big money ballers you make them out to be lowman... i know dispensary owners who have given away more meds in a month than you probably have in your whole time as care taker buddy so dont get all high horse when your on the outside looking in at what you *think* you see happening.

Just my experience as someone who has had one hand or another in this industry for over a decade...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the disabled folks can just suck it up eh? In your eyes!
I don't think disabled patients need to suck it up in his eyes Lowman. There is no lack of Meds for the truly disabled. I am a disabled patient and I was offered Meds by our local Collective-free-because of my issues. But I am able to grow, and I grow more than I need, thus I offer it, donate it, several times a year to collectives to give to their disabled paitents. Thus these collectives DO pass it on. My donations also help offset the cost of running their business, Peace and be well...DD

G

Guest 88950

regardless if the price per oz in cali is the same as an oz in a non-med state one BIG difference is the PATIENT's in med states are no longer treated as criminal's.

Lowman, i can see where your comming from but its not fair to assume that ALL providers are greedy just b/c some are.

WAMM http://www.wamm.org/
not in it for the profit............and they are not the only ones either.

im not in a med state and its a pain to manage my grow myself due to a cervical spinal cord injury so i'd be happy to pay the same black mkt price when the trade off is im no longer a criminal.

win, win situation. would id rather pay $200 oz, YES but as GreySkull said you cant gift any meds if you cant pay your bills.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I didnt have to worry about plant limits I could grow way more. I would sell to the rec users for for a fair price and people with serious expensive medical issues I would just give them stuff for free. Hell I can make bubble out of the trim that is normally garbage and give them that too. then use the charity as a tax write off. win win

monkey5

Veteran
You had me laughing when you said this!!

You had me laughing when you said this!!

What a douche...he offers you a detailed answer to your concerns...and the best you can do is offer him sex!!:laughing:

kmk420kali, You had me laughing when you said this!! I laughed until i was crying!! Lol.. Great reponce! Thank you for posting that!! monkey5

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I'd like to point out that I went to a "not for profit" school for a few years as a child. The director of that school drove a Jaguar. Not for profit means that the BUSINESS is not for profit. They don't need to earn MORE this year to justify their bonuses to their shareholders. They can operate with much more flexibility and reduced cost. Not for profit doesn't mean you can't get a paycheck if you work there or provide healthcare for your employees.

Should all dispensary workers be required to work for minimum wage in order to keep prices down?

How much of a paycheck is "enough"?

Does a dispensary owner need to live on a cot in the back room of his dispensary in order for people to think they're compassionate?

If I find a bug in my house, I scoop it up and toss it outside. That's compassion. I could've stomped it out of existence. But some of the people in here would seem to be arguing "if you aren't coating your walls and floor with free sugar for the roaches to dine on you aren't compassionate."

I'd rather have good people with good hearts earning a decent living so that they can CONTINUE to do it. The heartless corporate slave-driver types don't give a fuck WHAT you think of them.