What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

bimblebrains_1

Just because it's knocking out 7 leafs and they are a lil too jagged,, I'd say it's probably not brightsides,, looks like jahs to me,,

One thing I can say for sure is brightsides rarely knocked out 7 leafs on a fan
I was thinking the same about the 7's being thrown but thought I'd wait for you to chime in Rick...I've only recently seen 7's on the one I got and that was on a huge bushy mum like 3 or 4 months old after serval repots and super happy,...3's and 5's are how she usually rolls as does b's

Last edited:

bimblebrains_1

Lots of 6's and a few 7's,took being fed at 3ec for a long time to be happy enough to express like that tho,this is in an 11L pot,she's a clone machine..
IMG_20240301_213909.jpg
IMG_20240301_215000.jpg
IMG_20240301_214548.jpg

Chesers. Bimble

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh,, yours actually hasn't throw 7's for me atall ,, feeding it my old style formulex it reacted really similar to brightsides ,,,yours has a super similar veg profile to brightsides,, only difference is it's a lil more bushy than I remember brightsides and the stem rub is slightly different,, otherwise it's identical,,

Brightsides needed to be massive and super healthy with a highish ec to throw the 7s,,it never threw 7s with a small plant like the last new cut we just saw,,

bimblebrains_1

Yeh,, yours actually hasn't throw 7's for me atall ,, feeding it my old style formulex it reacted really similar to brightsides ,,,yours has a super similar veg profile to brightsides,, only difference is it's a lil more bushy than I remember brightsides and the stem rub is slightly different,, otherwise it's identical,,

Brightsides needed to be massive and super healthy with a highish ec to throw the 7s,,it never threw 7s with a small plant like the last new cut we just saw,,
Yer it took that mum pictured getting pretty fucking big and heavy feeding to throw the 7's aye....are you vegging yours under Led Rick? I was looking back at some old pics that I first posted when I received the cut and plants were under T5, they we're exhibiting much lankier growth,I was surprised,I'll see if I can find the post as laptop got robbed with those photos on

bimblebrains_1

Click the link..,ignore the quote(not sure why it's there)

Last edited:

Greaselightning

I really liked this post,,,I didn't like the psychosis atall,,it went like vinegar in the jar,, the brightsides old trim smelt like that but the brightside buds always retained that nose sting,, the blues retains its candy sweetness and has a much better high than all of them,,,

I always see mazar in this picture of my old cut,, I always thought it tastes of mazar black hash too
the trim from bluecheese does this, has the funky vinegar smell on old trim after a few week, but never on the buds.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who wrote this lol,,

I think we have established that exodus cheese is the one exodus handed out most and the one that deserves the name exodus ,, brightsides is the one they didn't really hand out but it's still an original cut that came from the exodus crew, psycho is also an original cut but it's not pure sk1,,

Buddahs, is a back cross to brightsides originally,, greenhouses exodus should be a brightside S1,, urgorg I have no idea about,,

The point is there are multiple original cheese cuts from exodus,, jahs is the one I believe deserves the name exodus cheese,, the rest have there appropriate names,, brightsides is just the most stinky

Some Cheese crosses seem to have a vinigar smell after a long cure,, seems to be common,, psycho had this trait more than others I found, but I never really grew much blue cheese,, think I only grew blue cheese once,, but I smoked it alot and I really liked it

bimblebrains_1

Who wrote this lol,,

I think we have established that exodus cheese is the one exodus handed out most and the one that deserves the name exodus ,, brightsides is the one they didn't really hand out but it's still an original cut that came from the exodus crew, psycho is also an original cut but it's not pure sk1,,

Buddahs, is a back cross to brightsides originally,, greenhouses exodus should be a brightside S1,, urgorg I have no idea about,,

The point is there are multiple original cheese cuts from exodus,, jahs is the one I believe deserves the name exodus cheese,, the rest have there appropriate names,, brightsides is just the most stinky

Some Cheese crosses seem to have a vinigar smell after a long cure,, seems to be common,, psycho had this trait more than others I found, but I never really grew much blue cheese,, think I only grew blue cheese once,, but I smoked it alot and I really liked it
I dunno why that quote came up ,if you click on the link I shared then it takes you to my first post on this thread......for the record I agree with everything you said above^^^^...the one brightside was passed was the head stash keeper cut that was rarely handed out,all the others are hybrids of her.....the reason I shared the link is to show how different mine grows under T5 compared to led,sorry for the confusion lol

Greaselightning

rick the bud you posted here ive smoked im pretty sure. most probably the exact same one years ago as well as most the others in the thread. im sure in the bluecheese thers plants that resemble what your looking for. black hash berry stink/ flavour. i smoked the original one and a bc years ago side by side, and the original one won on the stink level thats all. better high and taste on the bc imo. stink level on the original stayed in the room way after, the smoke smell where stronger.

Attachments

• cheese,..jpg
    cheese,..jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi friends...
I don't know if this can help, but personally I have been cultivating this cut of U.K cheese brightside for around twenty years... coming from an old French forum "Overweed", given by Crazzydog and Gen & tik.
thin and relatively long leaves.....does not like too strong fertilizer

View media item 16392861
View media item 16348534
Are you saying it was called brightsides cheese when you got it?,, and it was called brightsides cheese 20 years ago?

If possible try to show some more pictures,, it looks weird to me,, maybe it's the grow,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rick the bud you posted here ive smoked im pretty sure. most probably the exact same one years ago as well as most the others in the thread. im sure in the bluecheese thers plants that resemble what your looking for. black hash berry stink/ flavour. i smoked the original one and a bc years ago side by side, and the original one won on the stink level thats all. better high and taste on the bc imo. stink level on the original stayed in the room way after, the smoke smell where stronger.
That was a grow my friend did with vitalink,, none of my grows looked like this,, probably the worst grow ever of my old cheese,,