What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Are you saying it was called brightsides cheese when you got it?,, and it was called brightsides cheese 20 years ago?

If possible try to show some more pictures,, it looks weird to me,, maybe it's the grow,,
no , at the time we had 2 cuts, the 'exodus' and this one just called uk cheese, and I don't know why but some also called it 'santa maria' ...
they are a very old cut in the French community

I ll post more photos as soon as possible ..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please will you post a few more pictures bro,, it's starting to sound like it could e possible,,

What makes you think is brightsides then?

Katrak

Please will you post a few more pictures bro,, it's starting to sound like it could e possible,,

What makes you think is brightsides then?
@englishrick long time no see. if i remember (forgive me if im wrong) that u were growing proper english cheese.say 6-8yrs ago was it of the hill? sorry if i got it twisted just aint been about for a little while...wink wink.

bimblebrains_1

@bimblebrains_1 how are you managing the smell must be keeping you on your toes
extra filters ect?
It's difficult @Rastafarout ,a decent oversized filter with an ozone generator in the duct before goes out of the building,and then a mug of fabric softener just inside the pipe at the exit of the duct blowing out over a bucket of the fabic softener...I call the last part 'Linen tech ' lol.....these are the lengths you gotta go too with this one

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
then again

there is the UK Cheese that was sent to NA..

decades ago

has serrated leaves ..looks identical

breeds true[s1’s]

[you may be surprised how some people can get pollen from “this won’t reverse “ varieties]

smells SO strong like nobody's business

But [of course ] is fake..

I love this thread..

Rastafarout

Premium user
It's difficult @Rastafarout ,a decent oversized filter with an ozone generator in the duct before goes out of the building,and then a mug of fabric softener just inside the pipe at the exit of the duct blowing out over a bucket of the fabic softener...I call the last part 'Linen tech ' lol.....these are the lengths you gotta go too with this one
Good idea with the “linen tech” .. the other problem is you can’t touch them .. much
My house mate in London once had a nug gifted that was triple bagged in a tin in a beside cupboard, that stank 3 floors out , the other housemates complained, had to go smoke it ..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
then again

there is the UK Cheese that was sent to NA..

decades ago

has serrated leaves ..looks identical

breeds true[s1’s]

[you may be surprised how some people can get pollen from “this won’t reverse “ varieties]

smells SO strong like nobody's business

But [of course ] is fake..

I love this thread..
Fake is not a word I use alot,,, please understand the nuances ,, it's only fake if its labeled wrongly,, things labeled as brightsides that turn out to not be as labeled are fake brightside cuts, but they may well be a real cut from exodus

The Exodus crew put out multiple original cuts and people have done alot of crosses,,,

Brightsides cut is not the same as the exodus cheese cut,, but both are from the exodus crew,,

Psycho is not the exodus cheese but it is a cross with one of the exodus cuts,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@englishrick long time no see. if i remember (forgive me if im wrong) that u were growing proper english cheese.say 6-8yrs ago was it of the hill? sorry if i got it twisted just aint been about for a little while...wink wink.
I was passing out brightsides cheese for years and I was growing in a location called the hill,,, but I am not the member called offthehill

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh I had brightsides cut,, I met brightside in Amsterdam and he introduced me to Icmag,,

people that smoked my weed said mine was the best they ever had,, I heard that line so much I just refused to grow the other clones of cheese,, to my friends all the other cuts were sub par

Even when I started growing blues people said I'd downgraded,, I personally liked the blues more but others liked that extreme high and extremely dangerous stink from brightsides,,, but they didn't have to live with the stress of brightsides,, it made me ill from the strength of the weed to the stink, to the body odour it made me have,,

I often wonder if I was growing in a legal climate how different I would feel about brightsides cut,,, I've always said it has bad juju but in a legal environment I don't think it would have messed with my life and mental state so much, I'd probably be able to enjoy brightsides properly if I was in a legal environments

Katrak

Yeh I had brightsides cut,, I met brightside in Amsterdam and he introduced me to Icmag,,

people that smoked my weed said mine was the best they ever had,, I heard that line so much I just refused to grow the other clones of cheese,, to my friends all the other cuts were sub par

Even when I started growing blues people said I'd downgraded,, I personally liked the blues more but others liked that extreme high and extremely dangerous stink from brightsides,,, but they didn't have to live with the stress of brightsides,, it made me ill from the strength of the weed to the stink, to the body odour it made me have,,

I often wonder if I was growing in a legal climate how different I would feel about brightsides cut,,, I've always said it has bad juju but in a legal environment I don't think it would have messed with my life and mental state so much, I'd probably be able to enjoy brightsides properly if I was in a legal environments
yeah know what u mean bruv the cheese once smoked not forgot there was a couple ov cuts floating about the manor years ago but one stood out from memory we called it The Big Cheese dankest skunky shit ive ever encountered didnt grow it percy ..would ov loved to grow her. in hindsight deff never had the skill set then anyway...if only..

bimblebrains_1

Possible,,

other people will know better than me but I heard wingcommanderblue passed more than one cut originally

Please correct me if I'm wrong
I've always wondered that too,like if you read between the lines of his weed world interview he pretty much eludes to that without saying it..he wasn't actually the guy who cracked the seed,he received the cut very early on from his friend and grew it outside in his garden along with some silver pearl phenos,says the skunk wasn't anything special but he liked it, prefered the SP...he then sent cuts to Cornwall and Crewe to growers,some of which were doing breeding projects,...once he got his first indoor space set up he got cuts of the SP and Skunk back but either when it came back it had the crazy stink or after a while of him having it it changed I can't remember...plants don't just mutate like that(as far as I know),not saying he's telling porkies but maybe some mislabeling went on at his spot with the original and some bag seeds they found in the skunk or intentional hybrids(we all know how similar the offspring can look) or......maybe some or all of the skunk cuts he got back from the growers/breeders in Crewe or Cornwall were different to the original he sent or mislabeled...
This could go a long way to explain different early cuts,what he gave to of the hill that made it's way to exodus could have been different from the initial skunk wing comm sent to Crewe and Cornwall (pre exodus)...I dunno it's just everytime I read that article I think something's been lost in translation either on the writing of the article or wing Comms memory but obviously respect to Phil from weed world and wing comm himself,we are all stoners who don't always have our memories and minds in check at all times is what I'm saying

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
no , at the time we had 2 cuts, the 'exodus' and this one just called uk cheese, and I don't know why but some also called it 'santa maria' ...
they are a very old cut in the French community

I ll post more photos as soon as possible ..

Salut mec et bienvenue!!

@truecannabliss grew the same cut I think, from the French crew, and was pretty confident it was the real one.

Glad it's still there.

Peace

GreenestBasterd

It's difficult @Rastafarout ,a decent oversized filter with an ozone generator in the duct before goes out of the building,and then a mug of fabric softener just inside the pipe at the exit of the duct blowing out over a bucket of the fabic softener...I call the last part 'Linen tech ' lol.....these are the lengths you gotta go to with this one
Linen tech haha love it!!
Ive been growing some psychosis BX2’s and Ben Gunn from kgbeans. I had resorted to pouring tuttti fruitti concentrated carp bait liquid onto a rag and leaving it in the end of the duct.

Great thread lads!!!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Linen tech haha love it!!
Ive been growing some psychosis BX2’s and Ben Gunn from kgbeans. I had resorted to pouring tuttti fruitti concentrated carp bait liquid onto a rag and leaving it in the end of the duct.

Great thread lads!!!
Diesel on a rag in your air outlet also works... edit...of course AFTER carbon filtration...If you know the stink of proper cheese, then you know.

Last edited:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Salut mec et bienvenue!!

@truecannabliss grew the same cut I think, from the French crew, and was pretty confident it was the real one.

Glad it's still there.

Peace
The cut I got via French icmag folks (I believe associated with the Riri cut of SourD) and it smoked and grew identical to the Brightside cut from what I could tell.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
These days, though in more legal climates..LOL I've had now over a hectare of canopy ripening in greenhouses at the moment, not cheese but we are busy with harvest now, you can smell us 2kms down the road, at least! These days I dont give a F... I'd LOVE to stink out the neighborhood with a football field of cheese... We did about a quarter football field once of cheese in illegal days and a few other strains, mainly cheese...fuck glad I didnt have to be the one to sleep on site that grow hahaha and glad it wasn't my farm..the farmer got so paranoid with that stench that he moved away for a month till it was off the farm..that was the crop that gave my GF severe allergic reactions and made her go into anaphylactic shock, I had to hit her in the heart with an adrenalin pen..LOL...ahh the cheese. People just don't understand proper cheese unless you've encountered it. To be fair she had severe allergies and she had to carry that injection pen with her everywhere incase a bee stung her or, and we thought it would be so romantic to pull in the mattress and sleep under a barn of cheese hanging to dry..woke up inthe middle of the night with her blue and gasping for breathe and in complete panic trying to stand up and just having arms of cheese stuck in her hair and everywhere..LOL in hindsight what a laugh..was hectic in the moment..LOL

In the years after in harvest season with big outdoors or greenhouse crops, and having a trim party over for harvest for a few weeks, you'd often get those that would get allergic reactions, break out in fever and skin rashes, once the whole double garage was hanging full and one started in the other rooms, the place would get cheesed out. Was deep in the woods so no worry about neighbors there, though one could smell it from the front gate a few hundred meters from the house if you knew what cheese smelt like else be too feint to recognise it as weed. None of the above is an exageration, at all..if you know cheese you know. A lot of cheese is something else for your nose to behold. Its too much in most instances LOL..I love it, I could never get enough cheese. I used to sweat the terps out, my armpits smelt of cheese not the other way round..

Terppalooza

These days, though in more legal climates..LOL I've had now over a hectare of canopy ripening in greenhouses at the moment, not cheese but we are busy with harvest now, you can smell us 2kms down the road, at least! These days I dont give a F... I'd LOVE to stink out the neighborhood with a football field of cheese... We did about a quarter football field once of cheese in illegal days and a few other strains, mainly cheese...fuck glad I didnt have to be the one to sleep on site that grow hahaha and glad it wasn't my farm..the farmer got so paranoid with that stench that he moved away for a month till it was off the farm..that was the crop that gave my GF severe allergic reactions and made her go into anaphylactic shock, I had to hit her in the heart with an adrenalin pen..LOL...ahh the cheese. People just don't understand proper cheese unless you've encountered it. To be fair she had severe allergies and she had to carry that injection pen with her everywhere incase a bee stung her or, and we thought it would be so romantic to pull in the mattress and sleep under a barn of cheese hanging to dry..woke up inthe middle of the night with her blue and gasping for breathe and in complete panic trying to stand up and just having arms of cheese stuck in her hair and everywhere..LOL in hindsight what a laugh..was hectic in the moment..LOL

In the years after in harvest season with big outdoors or greenhouse crops, and having a trim party over for harvest for a few weeks, you'd often get those that would get allergic reactions, break out in fever and skin rashes, once the whole double garage was hanging full and one started in the other rooms, the place would get cheesed out. Was deep in the woods so no worry about neighbors there, though one could smell it from the front gate a few hundred meters from the house if you knew what cheese smelt like else be too feint to recognise it as weed. None of the above is an exageration, at all..if you know cheese you know. A lot of cheese is something else for your nose to behold. Its too much in most instances LOL..I love it, I could never get enough cheese. I used to sweat the terps out, my armpits smelt of cheese not the other way round..
germany just legalized. im growing my first legal cheese plants testing rockwool for the first time, back to automatic system :D excited to have a bomb run with cheese

Alatrist

What do you think about this cheese?

tVfEceJh.jpg

s8P0SsHh.jpg

93WR1Yuh.jpg

Cheers!