What's new

Tyga' 2K Vert bare bulb..

Tyga

Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updates... Have a ridiculous amount of work to get done in the next few days. Mini splits arriving tomorrow... Lights/ballasts are being picked up today. Ill report back with pics tomorrow so you guys can have a little eye candy :laughing:

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Tyga' 2K Vert bare bulb..

Feel your pain! Likely going the mini split route after this round, so would love to see how it's done.

Tyga

Veteran
Mini split arrived... Schedule has been so fucking tight lately. Barely have enough time to water the veg girls. Just tryna throw as many things in as I can. Might flip em tomorrow so week 1 of flower will officially be around march 1st.

Anyone have a suggestion for a fan/filter for this size room? I was thinking a Can100 w/ 8in filter.... I think it might be a little overkill but I'm running some serious stinkers this round and don't want to sacrifice security to save a few bucks.... Also looking for a co2 Generator with a controller. I was told that a 4 burner would be enough to handle a room my size... As far as a controller goes most likely will be either a CHHC4 or a GreenAire SPC-1... Besides the fan/filter and co2 set up everything is purchased. Will report back tomorrow with some shots... rooms still a disaster but you will get the picture! :tiphat:

D

DHF

Waitin ta see yas get all yer ducks in a row Bro.........Good luck and.......

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

marmarb

? I got 2) 4x8x6.5 tents with 3 1k and 3 600w flipboxes what would be the best way to go vert in this setup mind u sog is out wanna stay under 25 plants per tent thanks in advance

A

Alone

I have a EVC-2 and the CPPM-1 combined. They work very well together.
The CHHC-1 will work good but can sometimes pop the breaker if too much things are on it at once.
The smaller 6 burner Co2 generator works very well for a 12 x 12 foot area.

I only noticed a 15% increase in yields but my room wasnt sealed 100%. I had a couple very small leaks from the door into the room. Using Co2 burner/generator also creates major heat.
Your exhaust/can-fan combo, must be shut-off or blow back into the room. Only have an intake, or else you will be playing see-saw with your Co2 levels and temps.
Its tricky to get a room with Co2 dialed in. And expensive. Im sure you've done the research.
Its hard to spend anytime in the room too without gassing yourself into a major headache.
Be carefull. Be smart. Be safe.

Last edited:

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I donno how much co2 ur spitting into ur rooms Alone, lol, but I never get headaches in my rooms. And I didn't think co2, by itself, would be raising the temps........... But a co2 generator will create heat.

Tyga - I use 20 pound tanks and this plug and play device/monitor called DigiGro COCO ... I've bought several off eBay & they work just as advertised. Plug the digigro into the wall, piggy back the co2 regulator/solenoid onto the digigro power cord (you'll see, the cord has like a double outlet) and your running. It keeps the ppm between 1200-1300 ppm at all times.

Tyga

Veteran
Pic update tommorow... Everything is purchased. Ceiling and floor are all poly'd... Was going to use foam board but it just wasnt in the budget at the moment and these plants are already way over-vegged and packed for space in the 5x5 tent. 2 of my Pre98bkXNL5 Haze are already 5.5ft tall and thats prior to the flower stretch! Going to be a lot of twisting, tying and snapping going on the next few weeks.
Mini split is going to start to be installed tommorow morning but since my schedule is so tight im assuming it will be a few day process.
Aiming to be up and running on the 16th... So a week from today. My odd plant count this round is going to make my set up a tad bit sloppy and yeild a little less than hoped for. Plan to flower the 3 S&C's around a 1K vert.. 2 pre98BkXNL5Haze around another vert 1K. Then the Last pre98bkXNl5haze will be trellised under a horizontal 1K and my ECSD will also be under her own 1K. Next round will be 100% vert and yeild will be up to where it should be. Im shooting for 3 bow's this round. The horizontal reflectors will be adjusta-A-Wings... No sense of aircooling with the split in there.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Yeaaaaaaaa Buddy!!! That's what's up pimpin I can't wait to see if in full operation. BTW I have another mmj doctor that works much closer the cannamed office and the doc is from Maine but just moved down sometime last year and is super compassionate.

NEG978

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Nice Tyga. Those girls are gunna be monsters!

My 2.5 ton mini split arrives tomorrow :) I'm super stoked. I'm gunna have the biggest grin on my face when I start ripping down all my old ducting! Woooohooooo! 8k bare bulb right around the corner brotha.

Take lots of pics during the install and what not, I'm gunna do the same, there are lots of ppl that will benefit from seeing this stuff installed and proper rooms built.

:tiphat:

D

DHF

Do all yas can do as time and schedule permits Bro......Lookin fer good thangs outta all ya`ll Yankee growers.....:moon:.....

Respect......Freds......:ying:.......

Tyga

Veteran
Lighting Controller...w/ High temp cutoff
2ia5349.jpg

Ballast Shelf... Adding a fan soon.
auipg.jpg

High temp cutoff Probe..
1zb6wx1.jpg

Indoor unit mounted up!
23l0gvp.png

Tyga

Veteran
Also does anyone know what this gummy stuff is on the breaker? It's on the side that snaps into the main panel. Not the side with the wire terminals. When I picked it up every breaker in that box had the same type of thing going on.... wondering if its normal?
2yp0wmc.jpg

B

BasementGrower

yes lol as far as i know unless its really EVERYWERE LIKE POURing out of the box.. it should be left..

Tyga

Veteran
Okay gunna shoot a few more questions you guys way! Room is almost all set... Shooting for april 1st. :tip hat:
For this outlet, 220V I assume that you just cap off the neutral? I know the 2 hots go to the brass and the green to the ground.
30n8xed.jpg

Also any ideas on how to hang this sort of socket? Seems to be a serious PITA... no where to attach those V style metal hooks without making the lamp tilt like crazy...
b5sgaf.jpg

This one was nice and easy! V hooks fit right on base of the bulb
212h6if.jpg

For this outlet, 220V I assume that you just cap off the neutral? I know the 2 hots go to the brass and the green to the ground.
View Image

Ya there is no need for neutral on these outlets, so just cap it off if it's there. However, if you have yet to run the cable the standard is to use a 2 conductor wire (black, white, ground; using the white as a hot) and save a few bucks on the unused wire. (Do remember to mark the white as hot though.)

Also the goop on the breakers does serve a purpose, but it is also used as a way to determine if the breaker has been used; Many electrical suppliers won't accept a return on a breaker that has been used or the goop disturbed...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also any ideas on how to hang this sort of socket? Seems to be a serious PITA... no where to attach those V style metal hooks without making the lamp tilt like crazy...

---------------

I used 3 small chains connected to the holes on the ring, then connected together above the cord with a hook ta hang.. Easy and worked...

Latest posts

Latest posts