What's new

Tyga' 2K Vert bare bulb..

Tyga

Veteran
Whats up guys, This is a a little continuance from my other thread I had up in the soil thread. Lots of changes have happened in the past few months with my set-up so I decided it was time to make up a new thread.
To sum it up I'm running a 2K flip flop. 2 Tents, 1 is 4x4 and the other is a 5x5 that I just picked up yesterday and finished up today. In the 4x4 I am running 4 ECSD's that are about 6.5 weeks into flower. All in 5 gallon pots with Roots Organic coco and blumats.
In the 5x5 I currently just have a MBS and a HammerHead which were being used for mother plants but the light schedule got messed up and got flipped to flower by accident so I figured might as well flower them out.
For nutrients I'm running H3ad's 6/9 Micro/Bloom formula with 1G Epsom salt and Silica blast, Drip clean.
For a while I was dealing with off-gassing so I need to really focus on making the most out of all these crops to re-up on the funds. Plan on upgrading the 4x4 tent to another 5x5 at the end of this crop because as you can see in the pics the ECSD have some slight light bleaching from getting to close to the bulb.
5x5 Tent
2p0mc.jpg

1K Fired up!
4expk.jpg

Top shot of 4x4 ECSD Tent
20rqkhk.jpg

ECSD Week 6
104kb34.jpg

Tyga

Veteran
Heres a few more bud shots.... Hopefully going to get the trellis netting hung up tomorrow and the whole 5x5 tent filled up by next week. Hope you guys enjoy! :tiphat:
HammerHead Wk 3
350858m.jpg

MBS (MindBodySoul) Wk 3
24uxqom.jpg

ECSD (East Coast Sour Diesel)
j59ow3.jpg

Tyga

Veteran
@MisterD- Thanks for poppin' in man! I've been a long time follower on your thread and was a big reason for me to make my switch... Any suggestions on a certain type of vertical I should try out? Seems like I'm kind of limited with a tent. I just have been surrounding the bulb with plants and running circles with blumats. With some super cropping and tying to the trellis netting which is behind them.
@Catfish- Haha I know! It's an iPhone cam so its a piece of junk... need to pick up a new camera sometime this week to throw up some better quality pics.

D

DHF

Weed doughnuts work well in small spaces with plants surrounding bulbs T....

Good luck......DHF.....:ying:......

Mister_D

Veteran
@MisterD- Thanks for poppin' in man! I've been a long time follower on your thread and was a big reason for me to make my switch... Any suggestions on a certain type of vertical I should try out? Seems like I'm kind of limited with a tent. I just have been surrounding the bulb with plants and running circles with blumats. With some super cropping and tying to the trellis netting which is behind them.

As freds said dounuts are very easy and effective in small spaces :biggrin:. Plant numbers dictate yield however, so maybe consider a shelf setup similar to what silverhawaiian has going.

Tyga

Veteran
Try to get some shots for tommorow but I got all the trellis netting set up in the tent... Man it is a serious PITA to get in and out of the tent haha but oh well.
I also threw in 9 Pre98xNL5/haze in the vert tent along with the hammerhead. Pre98xNL5/Haze are a cross made from a few locals which some real keepers have been found from a couple members on the mag.
They are currently in 1gal pots with Botanicare's CocoGro coco an will be in these until they are sexed. Once I weed out the males the blumats will be set up. Until then.... I plan to be stuck handwatering every single day! Let the fun begin.....

D

DHF

As freds said dounuts are very easy and effective in small spaces :biggrin:. Plant numbers dictate yield however, so maybe consider a shelf setup similar to what silverhawaiian has going.
Was tryin to break Tyga in on vertical bare bulbs blastin sideways with weed doughnuts before pullin the " plant numbers dictating yields card " in smaller areas Mr D.....but.....

Thank you for keepin it real and makin it happen in real time with your gardens even though we know you`re waaay busy these days with many irons in the fire......and......

SH......Been remiss in my visits in the last month or so , but I`m around and watchin , so just wanted ta say respect .,....anyways.....

Good luck Tyga......Holler if I can help......

Peace....DHF......:ying:.........

Mister_D

Veteran
Was tryin to break Tyga in on vertical bare bulbs blastin sideways with weed doughnuts before pullin the " plant numbers dictating yields card " in smaller areas Mr D.....but.....

Thank you for keepin it real and makin it happen in real time with your gardens even though we know you`re waaay busy these days with many irons in the fire......and......

SH......Been remiss in my visits in the last month or so , but I`m around and watchin , so just wanted ta say respect .,....anyways.....

Good luck Tyga......Holler if I can help......

Peace....DHF......:ying:.........

Good points as always freds :tiphat:. Body is killing me from all the "projects" i've got my fingers in, but my mind is always spinning. Figure I may as well put down some of that here, sometimes i'm even helpful :laughing:.

Tyga - Not sure what your skill level as a grower is, but you are still cutting your teeth i'd advise you stick with vert tree dounuts. If you decide to go tree style, check out PPK's. Been looking more into these lately, and d9 is really on to something with his design. That said, if you are looking to up your game, increased plant numbers will allow you to squeeze every gram from your lights once dialed. Catch is with more plants, problems/workload increase exponentially. Whichever route you choose there's plenty of help around to get you through :dance013:.

Tyga

Veteran
Thanks man... TBH my skill level isn't all that great.. Usually pull between 12/14 zips per light horizontal. But that was growing from seed and not clone. Curious what I will pull from the ECSD tent..If I start getting 1# per light I will be satisfied.
As far as a set up goes I really dig the coco and blumat combo and would like to stay on this route. Just need to decide what I can get the biggest bang for my buck... Large plant numbers or small plant numbers.
Might be stuck with running the weed doughnuts for a while with larger plant numbers since my veg area kind of restricts me from letting the girls get any serious size in veg.

Mister_D

Veteran
Sounds like you are doing better than the average newish grower. Based on what you've told me, stick with lower numbers, monocrop (ECSD is a choice strain for vert tree growing because of it's stretch. That should help you get bigger trees with your limited veg area also), straight coco and blumats are for sure a winning combo (just as long as you are there to check on them everyday). I'm getting right around 2lbs per 600 in vert tree dounuts using a custom coco blend, so yield potential is definitely there. Keep in mind though that room is dialed to the tits, and those results are not typical. Do whatever feels best for you and your situation.

Tyga

Veteran
Yeah the ECSD does have a pretty solid strech on her... I flowered out the 4 I have in one of my vert tents at about 12'' nd they filled up the tent for sure.
This round the ECSD cuts I have in the cloner are taking a little longer than expected so they might get a week or so veg at best so I will most likely run 6 in 3gal pots.
As far as dialing in the enviroment I have the sentinel- UTC1 taking care of temps so lights on stays at 78 and lights off drops down to about 66-68F. Running tents I have yet to find a way to dial in every aspect of the enviroment since I have pretty muh zero floor space inside the tent for a dehue. So far havent ran into any issues with humidity as of yet....knock on wood...

Mister_D

Veteran
taking care of temps so lights on stays at 78 and lights off drops down to about 66-68F.

10 deg difference between night and day is pushing it. Try to keep temps as close to 78 day and night as possible. This is one of those little tricks to increase yield :biggrin:.

Jbonez

Veteran
In homie, show us what ya got.. Setup is very "familiar" lol...

Gonna be getting the ecsd cut soon, cant wait to run her vert... Monocrop might never be in my cards.. Ima whore, what can I say lol...

Tyga

Veteran
10 deg difference between night and day is pushing it. Try to keep temps as close to 78 day and night as possible. This is one of those little tricks to increase yield :biggrin:.

Cool will do... I have a small space heater I can throw in the room. Most likely just run a small duct line facing the output of the heater and hook up a small duct booster fan to kick on if temps drop to low to bring in some warm air.
Ill throw some shots up in the morning of the room and whatnot so you can get a better idea of what im working with.