What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TychoMonolyth

troutman

Seed Whore
oh man.it never gets easy.another well loved family member of the OGs has passed.yeah like trout says if you got any seeds grow them in his memory.

Rick (Tycho) helped many people. He offered me seeds and I refused in hopes others would get them.
I kind of regret that now. I would have grown them next year outdoors only for seeds to freely share
with the World. Too many breeders die and the genetics they worked on get lost.

Plookerkingjon

Right but he also had a knowledge base for gorilla Growers both for security propagation Pest Management that you can't get in books it has to come from someone that's done it been successful and has found caveats and things that work that others may not have caught on to yet because they haven't been as experienced or come to that fork in the road where they figured out a way that works for them that may not be mainstream information if that makes sense that's what I'll remember him the most for outside of the box phenomenal information and a good person to talk to

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
If any of you got his seeds. Please try to keep them going.
It's one thing he wanted that his genetics would live on.

:tiphat:
Beginning of 2019 he sent me 160 Auto Northern Lights from the 2nd generation seeds (first production open pollination). 2 females growing now Ive been spraying with STS to make feminized seeds one tall vigorous one and another stocky branchy one. Need to search through the other 100 I got to find some of the noteworthy phenotypes I saw from the first 40 I grew:

1. Pink pistil pink bubblegum smell/taste indica dom.
2. Menthol tire factory extremely loud cant breathe within few feet of sativa.
3. 12 ft tall cola big around as my leg sativa.

They really need to be worked/preserved. Relentless vigor and moisture resistance, very low maintenance, finishes early, big fish story yields excellent for guerilla growing.

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
Do you know what type of cancer troutman?

He mentioned Lymphoma at one point.

Tycho told me on July 7th:

"That he found out in mid-June about his condition. The doctor told him that he's sick,
that it's incurable, that chemo would kill him and gave him 1 to 3 years max."

Which is why I don't know why he did chemo afterwards. If I was told I had a limited time left
I would live life as best as possible and avoid useless treatments. My father did chemo and
I know how hard it's the body. I believe he mentioned that he got Covid vaccines and I still
wonder what effect that had on a person that was sick like he was.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
He mentioned Lymphoma at one point.

Tycho told me on July 7th:

"That he found out in mid-June about his condition. The doctor told him that he's sick,
that it's incurable, that chemo would kill him and gave him 1 to 3 years max."

Which is why I don't know why he did chemo afterwards. If I was told I had a limited time left
I would live life as best as possible and avoid useless treatments. My father did chemo and
I know how hard it's the body. I believe he mentioned that he got Covid vaccines and I still
wonder what effect that had on a person that was sick like he was.
Thanks, exactly! I have a DNR and my wife has instruction WRT the big C. Make him comfortable.

I further understand Rick's quietness on the subject as, you simply want to carry on and not be fussed over. Because even your friends can be a nuisance. What I'm trying to say is... he just wanted folks to carry on and in doing so, lived his remaining days to their fullest.

troutman

Seed Whore
I didn't do a guerilla grow this year and kind of regret it. But plan on visiting
one of my sites possibly tonight in the dark or in the next few days to make
sure all is well for next year.

Every time, I visit guerilla sites at night I wonder if there are any Grower Ghosts watching.

Latest posts

Latest posts