What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Wheeled Tokers Club

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
And besides, I made the jump from "Rocker" to "Mod" and bought a new Scooter. OK, so I can't show my face at Hooters on Bike-Night any more, but I can fit 5 pounds of smoke in the storage compartments with room left for a six-pack!!!

Dear God, I just hope the next step isn't a "Jazzy". SHOOT ME NOW!

good on ya feller :smile:

I don't mind if the rest of you have a chuckle... but here's mine and I love her so...rebuilt inside and out about 2years ago :smile:

edit - and yes I am reliving "me yoot" vicariously through an italian 50cc :D

Attachments

• july2007vespa131ek9.jpg
    july2007vespa131ek9.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22

soniq

2001 R1 Rider here :) In the faster BLUE color of course !

I'm going to switch to a 600 cbr in the next year or so. The R1 is too aggressive with the front end wanting to come up (when i DON'T want it to), the tendency to tank-slap after setting down some wheelies (even with a scotts damper), and basically just too much power at the rear wheel for the twisties (too much horse power per small throttle corrections). It's for pros and straight-liners pretty much. I had the pumpkin 1999 CBR and found the geometry PERFECT. I'll test a 750 gsx-r first though, just because i never have.

Nothing beats a toke and a ride....... nothing beats a ride at all for that matter! Feeling every slight temperature change, smelling every smell, TRULY interacting with the environment. Cagers just don't get it ;)

This will sound supremely arrogant, but if you have "it", then riding high isn't an issue, since your body and mind are instinctively and reflexively interacting with and controlling the bike. Knowing when to make corrections and knowing when to let it move beneath you..... You have to be born with "it". Just an opinion.....

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Hey guys. How is everyone? Thanks for contributing to the thread. I look forward to hearing about your summer rides and build projects.

Nothing beats a toke and a ride....... nothing beats a ride at all for that matter! Feeling every slight temperature change, smelling every smell, TRULY interacting with the environment. Cagers just don't get it ;)
Right on Soniq! I couldn't have said it better myself.:D

Peace,
M

soniq

Hey guys. How is everyone? Thanks for contributing to the thread. I look forward to hearing about your summer rides and build projects.

Right on Soniq! I couldn't have said it better myself.:D

Peace,
M

Hell yeah brother :) Oh and I forgot, the comeraderie. The obligatory wave and never having to worry about being stranded for long!

M Blaze

Sweet, I found the bike thread :woohoo:

I love my bikes both road and dirt but I much prefer the dirt bikes. Im currently lookin to buy a new KTM 530 EXC since I recently sold off my last dirt bikes.

I also like to ride mini bikes and pitbikes which are heaps of fun. Does anyone else on here ride minis or pitty's?

Heres a couple pics of my Triumph Daytona 675 that I recently sold.

Plants086.jpg

Plants088.jpg

zlock

I dunno what it is, maybe its just too early in the summer still, but I've had no motivation to take my bike out lately.
I was looking forward to it all summer, but now that the weather is nice, I've only had the bike out a few times, and that was when I felt obligated to ride to work 'cause everyone else was...

I almost am thinking of selling the bike... I can afford the payments and stuff, but I sorta feel like maybe i'd be better off completely out of debt....

Maybe its because I've got so little free time these days, ugh.

slappyjack

I was looking at scooters last year, and decided on a Kawasaki Super Sherpa 250cc dual-sport instead. Best move I ever made.

Some scooters are pretty hip, but IMO they're very overpriced if you want one not made in China. The Super Sherpa was cheap, it looks good, it's much faster than any scooter I could afford, plus it gets 70mpg.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
been riding harleys for 20 plus years. have also had a yam vmax(won it in a poker game while i was in the army) really had fun on that bike. currently riding a 20#* police model flhr. highly customized, 103" ported polished cams etc etc etc. in the 1/8th mile track i can take the 'busas and the gxers. thats right. i said it. done it many times. in the 1/4 mile they will catch up to thier rpm's and pass me, but no chance in the 1/8.
have ridden high, doesnt seem to effect my riding skills, but i usually do not as i enjoy the diff buzz that riding gives me w out the smoke. one of the FEW things in life i prefer straight. great to see all these riders. how bout some organized rides for icmaggers!? haha

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Yeah subrob, those police bikes come decked out (ABS breaks, etc) and they have that heavy frame. They start plain Jane in the looks dept, but make kick as foundations for a big bike project. Did you keep all those red switches??

Peace,
M

jay6776

i rock a ninja two fiddy, old style, but i'll be damned
if that thing isnt fun!

anyone going to the sturgis rally this year?

G

grasspass

I ride and race off road. I am slower when high and don't enjoy it as much when high , but street riding high sounds fun to me. Gonna get a street bike some day.:cool:

soniq

Sweet, I found the bike thread :woohoo:

I love my bikes both road and dirt but I much prefer the dirt bikes. Im currently lookin to buy a new KTM 530 EXC since I recently sold off my last dirt bikes.

I also like to ride mini bikes and pitbikes which are heaps of fun. Does anyone else on here ride minis or pitty's?

Heres a couple pics of my Triumph Daytona 675 that I recently sold.

DAMN what a gorgeous bike! I've had a love affair with Triumph Daytonas (and Aprilia Milles) for awhile. Can't afford now though. I want a KTM Duke if anything ;) The ultimate hooligan bike.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nah, no more red switches! haha. you would never know it was a police model. highly customized, got a lil bit of a hookup for custom work!

Yeah subrob, those police bikes come decked out (ABS breaks, etc) and they have that heavy frame. They start plain Jane in the looks dept, but make kick as foundations for a big bike project. Did you keep all those red switches??

Peace,
M

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Hehe, cool subrob. Sounds like a nice ride. It's always nice to have the hook up for custom work. That shit adds up quick!

Anybody have any experience with Dakota digital? I'm looking for a mini speedo with odometer/trip and I'm thinking about the 1 7/8" model. It looks like they can handle shitty weather and the vibration from an HD. From what I've read they sound good, what do you guys think??

M

burnt out og'er
Veteran
been riding harleys for 20 plus years. have also had a yam vmax(won it in a poker game while i was in the army) really had fun on that bike. currently riding a 20#* police model flhr. highly customized, 103" ported polished cams etc etc etc. in the 1/8th mile track i can take the 'busas and the gxers. thats right. i said it. done it many times. in the 1/4 mile they will catch up to thier rpm's and pass me, but no chance in the 1/8.
have ridden high, doesnt seem to effect my riding skills, but i usually do not as i enjoy the diff buzz that riding gives me w out the smoke. one of the FEW things in life i prefer straight. great to see all these riders. how bout some organized rides for icmaggers!? haha

All I can say to that remark is "how fat was that kid on the busa".
What's your 1/8th mile time and your 60 ft time ?

The gixer's and busa's "rule" the 1/8th as far as average stretched and built street bikes.
The gs's still rule top-gas and pro-mod in the big tire chassis classes

The only place the harley's are winning drag races, for the most part, is at the harley drags where they race against other hogs.
Even the top fuel Harleys are slower than the GS pro-mods at the dragstrips.

Oh yea, and NHRA pro-stock motorcycle where the only part of the bike that's actually Harley Davidson is the logo and nameplate on it.

http://www.dragbike.com

Last edited:

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Oh by the way, I don't dislike Harleys at all, they're fine bikes and always have been.
Some of my best friends have Hogs. I'm just more of a "Deals Gap" kind of rider that's all.

R

ranneG

Got a zx6r but its at the shop right now and the sun is shining :wallbash: I love to ride stoned, but only on my analog-bike :)

Duckmang

I ride a Yamaha FZ1, 2001, 60th built! This bike is not the best at anything but it is a 9 out of 10 at everything. Gobs of power (150hp) from the 5 valve 1 liter engine which is virtually buylletproof. Touring bike ergo's make it easy to ride all day. The stock suspension is fully adjustable for compression and rebound on front and rear. It's naked (not wrapped in plastic) so basic maintenance is simple. Not to mention naked bikes are sexy. It's passenger friendly, 2 up isn't a problem.

Often FZ1s are jokingly referred to as "couch rockets"

Latest posts

Latest posts