What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Wheeled Tokers Club

jamaican

Heres my 07 R6
I wish I had it here in Jamaica but I keep it in Mpls for the summers.We always ride over to Wisconsin cause there back roads are traffic and cop free.Real nice sweapers that you can just tear up all day long.
Jamaica has some great roads for riding to now they re paved most of the main roads but the problem are the other drivers so I dont ride to much down here as I dont trust other local drivers to stay in there lane.
I never smoke before I ride,mabye cause I have a heavy hand when I ride so I like to stay 100% focused on my riding.I dont hate on anyone that does smoke,it can be nice for a evening/night cruise around the town.

zlock

what would yall think a good starter bike would be for me? im a really tall dude 66" 275

Jap bike/crotch rocket or a cruiser?
Being a big dude you should probably look for a fairly big bike....
A friend of mine bought a Super Glide last year and has nothing but good things to say about it (the dealer he bought it from on the other hand...)
Pricewise something like that would be fairly reasonable, too
Of course if you're not into the whole Harley Davidson thing theres other options... I know a bunch of people who have / had owned Honda Shadow's and they seem to love them...

I like how riding stoned is frowned on, but triple digit speeds get chubbies. :jerkit:

Gotta find me a weed friendly biker site.:D

I didn't frown upon riding stoned either. I just don't like it - feels wrong to me... i'd rather be chilling and thinking than perched on a bike, concentrating HARD on the riding... comes down to the kind of rider/driver i am.. total focus, 100% of the time as i have a strong circuit racing background. I have found that I, and this is not to say that others do the same, I forget to do certain things when driving/riding high.. kinda important things like looking over the shoulder, Indicating a turn, etc.. i get into race mode and become quite an agressive driver when i'm high. Which is weird, because the rest of the time i am super laid back even when not high.

Triple figure speeds are neither impressive nor cool, on public roads. Been there, done that, got the 200mph+ club tshirt. Old news mate. Even a 125cc can break 100mph now (aprillia RS). Tis a bit easier for me, being in europe so i can bimble on down to the autobahns. Experience has taught me that excessive speed on public roads like deserted highways/mountain roads is okay 98 times out of 100, but the other 2 times are a bust by the cops, or an unseen pothole/diesel slick/idiot on wrong side of road in an SUV/blowout/etc.

Guess i'm just getting a bit more sensible as i get older.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've covered way over a million miles by driving truck, taxi, and back and forth across the USA, sometimes covering a 1450 mile run (MN to NY) in as little as 22.5 hours flat. I've ridden over 100K on my various Harleys over the years and nearly every bit of it was done stoned.

me the road and weed.......

me and my boss (owner of the trucking company) driving into NY from DC (usually 4.5 hours) in a blizzard, while I drove he mixed several vodka/grapefruits to drink, while he drove I twisted and burned a couple of joints, everything in moderation keeps it right.

nothings finer than puttin' along on my bike with a fine organic buzz on, sure if that mofo in the other lane turns into me I might be a split second slower to react but wtf, he's likely gonna kill me regardless, might as well go stoned. I plan on going out fast and loud anyway.......

MCsqrd

Someday I'd like to get a nice cruiser, but for now I've got a dual purpose bike for stoney trail exploring:joint: DRZ 200, with a (very)top speed of 70 mph. Small, air cooled motor doesn't have much grunt but it gets incredible gas mileage. Rode a friends CBR 600 last summer and those bikes make you feel way too comfortable going really fast. :headbange They're a blast to ride, but I'd rather burn some trail joints and take it easy.
DSC00829.jpg

marx2k

Veteran
I gotta say, while I love my Honda Shadow, I also REALLY love my Aprilia Scarabeo 500 scooter. 460cc engine in a scooter body, made by Aprilia... it's funny watching the faces on people when they realized they've gotten burned by a scooter.

zlock

I gotta say, while I love my Honda Shadow, I also REALLY love my Aprilia Scarabeo 500 scooter. 460cc engine in a scooter body, made by Aprilia... it's funny watching the faces on people when they realized they've gotten burned by a scooter.

LMFAO THAT IS AWESOME!!!!:yoinks:

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I've covered way over a million miles by driving truck, taxi, and back and forth across the USA, sometimes covering a 1450 mile run (MN to NY) in as little as 22.5 hours flat. I've ridden over 100K on my various Harleys over the years and nearly every bit of it was done stoned.

me the road and weed.......

me and my boss (owner of the trucking company) driving into NY from DC (usually 4.5 hours) in a blizzard, while I drove he mixed several vodka/grapefruits to drink, while he drove I twisted and burned a couple of joints, everything in moderation keeps it right.

nothings finer than puttin' along on my bike with a fine organic buzz on, sure if that mofo in the other lane turns into me I might be a split second slower to react but wtf, he's likely gonna kill me regardless, might as well go stoned. I plan on going out fast and loud anyway.......

exactly, now i have only ever rode dirt bikes and atvs, but i can't fathom wanting to be sober to do it. If you're reaction time is slower cause of weed, you're a damn light weight. I have been driving now legally for over 10 years. There is absolutely nothing better for road trips or car trips over 30 minutes...

I wonder, yall on your motorcycles.... how do u leave in a motorcycle and go "smoke" from work or a friends house or something? Do you have to drive to a park or something? I had this image of someone going out to a parking garage, sitting on said bike, and proceeding to smoke a bowl. Just as if it was a car.

to the person that said he just pays attention 100% to the road when on his bike... do you do this driving a car too? how young are you? imo after u have been driving for a few years, it becomes second nature and any intelligent person can do it without thinking. Now i still am highly aware of everything around me all the time, however i don't ever think about it, its all subconscious. Granted i guess this might be diff. on a bike?

marx2k

Veteran
If you're reaction time is slower cause of weed, you're a damn light weight. I have been driving now legally for over 10 years. There is absolutely nothing better for road trips or car trips over 30 minutes...

Marijuana makes human reaction time slower. You may not notice it being that you're used to it, but it happens to everyone. Different driving conditions call for different levels of sobriety. Being blazed on a long open car trip, no problem. Being blazed and doing complicated driving maneuvers you may not be used to, or having objects fly out at you out of nowhere.. probably better to be sober for that one.

to the person that said he just pays attention 100% to the road when on his bike... do you do this driving a car too? how young are you? imo after u have been driving for a few years, it becomes second nature and any intelligent person can do it without thinking. Now i still am highly aware of everything around me all the time, however i don't ever think about it, its all subconscious. Granted i guess this might be diff. on a bike?

This mainly comes down to driving situations you're used to. Work and back, school and back, store and back, weekend trip to wherever. On a bike you have to be a lot more aware of everything around you since your life really depends on it. Not saying that this can't be done high, of course. But that's mainly how it's different for me from say, driving my car.

zlock

Yeah... For me, I've got no problem driving high. On the narrow, twisty back roads at night in the rain with lots of oncoming traffic, I don't ENJOY it, but unless I'm driving through a busy city area that i'm unfamiliar with and in a hurry, I love it.
On a bike though, for me at least, theres a lot more that you have to worry about... Little things that wouldn't be a big deal for a car, could be very dangerous situations for someone on a motorcycle.... Potholes, roadkill, objects in the street, small animals running across the road, etc. in a car aren't too big of a deal... you hit a nasty pothole you weren't expecting, that sucks... but you keep on going. On a bike you might be flying through the air and sliding across the pavement. I've gone over a racoon on my bike as it ran across the street at night, i was going straight and noticed what was about to happen with enough time to brace myself and keep the bike under control, and kept going no problem. But what if theres a truck headed towards you in the other lane and a dog jumps out into the road... you're either getting squashed by the truck, hitting the dog which could easily put you and your bike down, or going off the road....
I dunno, stuff like that makes me a little extra cautious when i'm on my bike... and yeah, chances are it wont happen, and if it does, you probably wont be in such a position that you can't make it through fine... but that sorta stuff DOES happen, and I've had enough close calls even just with other cars on the road that I do take it seriously....

I will admit, however, that on Friday I drove home on my lunch break and smoked a bowl... then took the bike back to work, and it was nice :) but that's mostly highway which is quiet at that time of day...

S

sparkjumper

Confucious say its smarter and safer to be stoned and do 70 then to "concentrate" whilst being straight riding at 170.An ancient chinese saying

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Anything poodle size and down and sorry, but I'm not swerving. I've had friends go down trying to avoid a small rabbit when it may have been best to brace and hit it. I've had squirrels dart out that seam to be trying to commit suicide by running their heads into my front wheel. No way I could react to something like that stoned or not. It's simply too quick. I have also been riding after burning a dube, stopped at a very dark stop sign in a bad neighborhood, and as I took off and got to the other side of the street out of nowhere I see this flash of teeth coming at me. I never saw it run up, it was just right there suddenly! I never saw the dog well enough to make it out, but it was large and aggressive and wanted to get my ass! You can bet I swerved that time but it was straight reaction and not a premeditated evasive maneuver. I did not ride back that way.

Peace,
M

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
someone stole my scooter today WTF FML!

Well, not wishing to grass anybody up, but it does seem that IC has a shameless scooter pimp lurking about, if you find it with 14" high rise purple ape hangers, diamante tasseled handlebar muffs, dayglo leopardskin seat and coloured spokes, I think we may have a hot suspect.......

1981 Honda C90, currently undergoing a full upgrade to 12v electrics with customisation so the lights aint dim at idle, modern ignition, timing to be retarded 3 degrees, fast road cam & uprated valve gear, 98cc rebore kit, flat top piston, enlarged exhaust port, honda innova disc brakes, chinese 4spd semi-auto, 20mm mikuni carb, uprated shocks at the rear to take my 230lbs, innova telescopic forks up front, polybushes.. the mechanical rebuild is currently in progress, doing it all at once

has been resprayed by me in gloss black from cans.. not a bad job either :D still got the white knee guard, looks good. Needed the respray as the original paintwork was knackered.. not much rust on it, but seriously faded and cracking paint.

Never intended to get a C90, not really my image, bit too much of an old man bike, too much of a bad image, was looking at cars or CBR125s.. but was out smoking a few bifs with a buddy and his dad, and i noticed the c90 in his shed.. "man an old c90, been a while since i saw one of those"

"been trying to get rid of it for ages mate" - turns out the bike has been sat in that shed for like, 17 years.. so i asked out of interest how much they wanted for it, he said "if you can take it away, you can have the bloody thing".. he then told me the story of how he got a better bike then fell out with biking and went to cars.. it seems he'd just parked it up and left it.. had hoped my mate'd ride it, but he said he wouldn't be seen dead on it.

thought "beh, retro is cool.. and its free, these are bombproof and do a million mpg" got it home, cleaned out the petrol tank, put some fresh in, changed the oil and plug, it fired but didn't catch second kick, third kick got it going.. ran a bit rough for a while then evened out.. so i took it for a quick spin and quite liked it.. slow as shit but fun..ish to ride.. once i'd got it all insured and etc, i decided i was going to do a bimble on it.. went from my home city to a buddy's about 200 miles away.. it took my weight, a loaded bergen, all that way on a gallon and a half of petrol and was quite a fun journey, loved that bike afterwards especially when my mate and his mrs (and later all their friends) were like "you came all this way on THAT?" :muahaha: comments such as "you 'kin nutter" were to follow.

So i decided to give it the full captain stoner working.. respray, full nut & bolt ground up rebuild, mods to improve the set up to one my engineer's heart approves of which in this case is performance tuning (i do the last 2 to all my own vehicles) I love working on my vehicles stoned, do my best work. I don't ride stoned, don't even like driving a car when stoned, too much concentration and hard work.. also too dangerous, uk roads are hell. I'm a seasoned toker, baked by default, but wait till the bakedness disappears before i ride. This is not my first bike, started on an ex-pizza hut suzuki 50 that i put a 125 engine in when i was 16, had a few bikes but they were just extras once it was legal for me to have a car at 17.

I'm in the UK so europe is easy for me to get to. I'm going to do a holiday camping trip in the UK this summer, 250-300 miles each way, incidental miles while i'm there.. and am planning either later in the year or early summer next year a trip on it to amsterdam :D

If they go well, I may just decide to do a much bigger trip on it. I've discovered that i like it because of its poor image(i'm like that with cars too - most of these images are perpetuated by people who don't have a clue what they're talking about), and its ultra reliability and cheapness in the face of that C90 EPIC WIN lmao

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Been riding for 41 years and I've had them all Harleys to Hondas, and I've loved every one of them. With serious back problems I knew the day would eventually come that I'd have to stop, but I just figured I'd put it off as long as possible.

Well, I finally sold the sport-bike. It had become more of an ego deflator than a joy to ride. It was just too heavy to get on and off the kickstand, push in and out of the garage, and if I did ever drop it, there was no way I was going to pick it up. There were days I would go out for an hour ride thru the local twisties and then took three days for my back to recoup. I offerd it to both of my sons, but they're both into cruisers.

But fear not or feel sorry for me, for I had many a wonderful day wearing out the knees of my pants going around the curves, the memory of which will remain with me the rest of my days. And besides, I made the jump from "Rocker" to "Mod" and bought a new Scooter. OK, so I can't show my face at Hooters on Bike-Night any more, but I can fit 5 pounds of smoke in the storage compartments with room left for a six-pack!!!

Dear God, I just hope the next step isn't a "Jazzy". SHOOT ME NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guest 77721

I'm riding a '98 750 Shadow. Sad thing is I ride my bicycle more than the moto since I started bike commuting to work everyday 25km round trip and only ride the moto on days that I want to play golf.

My barber has been talking about buying a bike and dropped last Sunday to take a look. He made a reasonable offer in today's market but I realized that I'm not playing the MAN-TOY game right. Never sell off your toys, just their replacements. Anyway I've decided to keep my Shadow, 1600kms 10yo mint. 2k addon's

When he popped by I dropped the battery in and it started on the second pull and ran like a top. I'm waiting until the roads are cleaned before I take her out.

Latest posts

Latest posts