What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
zappa.jpg

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look at your average basketball team. lots of brown/black folks on there, aren't there? an easy mistake to make...:whistling: they're lucky nobody got shot...:shucks:
resize.jpg

Other than 13 there, that's a pretty light skinned group.

Ahh there it is. Number 21 was the cause of the panic. It all makes sense now.

igrowone

Veteran
what's ridiculous today?
MTG getting enough votes to de-speaker Johnson
sounds close, this is a nuclear strike on their own with the speakership conceivably going over to the dark side
tell me trumpers, is this what you want? or is it pitiful cry for help in your soup of despair?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
what's ridiculous today?
MTG getting enough votes to de-speaker Johnson
sounds close, this is a nuclear strike on their own with the speakership conceivably going over to the dark side
tell me trumpers, is this what you want? or is it pitiful cry for help in your soup of despair?
It might not happen given that the GOP Majority is so razor thin. There were reports I saw over the weekend that if Johnson sufficiently signals to play ball with the Democrats on things like funding for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan that the vast majority of Democrats will vote for or against Johnson based on what Jefferies signals to do. Thereby rendering the MAGA side of the house, ineffective and powerless. So essentially the soup of despair thing. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
My gut feeling is Jefferies is going to not protect Johnson.
Yeah, you're probably right, not so much because he would be so against it as much as I doubt Johnson is so eager to hold his position to do enough to make Jefferies feel it is worth it. Not to mention the fact that if this leads to another long drawn out battle to elect a new speaker (as is likely to happen) it will insure an even longer period of the MAGA GOP getting absolutely nothing done and further appearing to the public as being utterly disfunctional which will only help the Democrats come Nov. Of course that also will need to be weighed against getting an even worse speaker nominated. For example can you imagine how bad it will be for the country if they get a Speaker that will not budge come the next time they need to do something to keep the government from having to shut down? That would also greatly benefit the Democrats come election time but it would at the same time put the country into an unnecessary economic crisis that will harm the American people.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That would also greatly benefit the Democrats come election time but it would at the same time put the country into an unnecessary economic crisis that will harm the American people.
which is why i think the Ds WILL protect Johnson if need be. the far-right GOP twats seems to think that hurting the nation in a failing attempt at "getting their way" is an adult method of governing. to be honest, i don't think the Rs have the votes to pull it off by themselves.

HempKat

Veteran
which is why i think the Ds WILL protect Johnson if need be. the far-right GOP twats seems to think that hurting the nation in a failing attempt at "getting their way" is an adult method of governing. to be honest, i don't think the Rs have the votes to pull it off by themselves.
Frankly, I'd be more interested in seeing them giving Johnson a chance. He talks like a true MAGA but when it comes to important things like keeping the government open he's been there. I've also heard reports that he's been looking into the Ukraine Funding and how real the need is and because of that he's infavor now of allowing the funding/aid bill to come up for a vote. If that's true then he could be worth keeping where he is until Nov. Plus I have a feeling that if MTG intiates the vote to oust him and the Dems block it, then she might literally implode and I'd kind of like to see that. :biggrin:

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd kind of like to see that. :biggrin:
i'd like to watch that myself ! (y)
I think the Supreme Court of Florida just handed Biden the state
the GOP STILL does not realize exactly how pissed off most women are. clueless motherfuckers...this is NOT going to go away. it's the equivalent of a man telling his wife to "calm down and shut the fuck up!" :ROFLMAO: yeah, THAT will make things all better...

HempKat

Veteran
it's the equivalent of a man telling his wife to "calm down and shut the fuck up!" :ROFLMAO: yeah, THAT will make things all better...
You forgot the obligatory, "and go fix me a sandwich!" :ROFLMAO:

I could be wrong but I think they keep pushing this issue on the hopes that Trump gets elected because they know once he's elected he's going to dismantle the government and make it so every thing he says is law and since he'll be the Dear Leader and it will be a good while before there is even a chance to undo things and put it all back the way it was. Since once he's gone he'll probably pass it on to Don Jr.

That's the only way any of this makes sense because if the democrats win they'll put it back the way it was and then codify it iin to law. Still it's hard to tell because with all the semi reasonable Republicans leaving office it's seeming more and more like maybe everyone left is really just that stupid.