What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

igrowone

Veteran
How?

As you can see from Obama, any presidential executive order can be overturned without even a vote.

As I understand it, Trump can't do anything other than sign a bill from Congress. This would make it law. I would love to understand any other avenues. Please share if anybody see's another path please.

DEA/FDA are the main determiners about additions/deletions from the list
they answer to Trump
Congress actually does not usually mess with the list, though they have rarely done so by legislation

Bulldog11

Veteran
I don't believe it's accurate to say Trump "controls" the DEA. (or at least you said they answer to Trump) I guess that is one round about way he could use his leverage, but to say he is in control of the DEA's decision is misleading, IMO.

Congress was the ones that made cannabis illegal, and a scheduled one drug. They are the main ones that stand in the way of legalization. That is the way I see it. In the near future, congress will write a bill that Trump will sign. That is the only way legalization happens, IMO. Through congress, with the presidents signature. Time will tell.

igrowone

Veteran
I don't believe it's accurate to say Trump "controls" the DEA. (or at least you said they answer to Trump) I guess that is one round about way he could use his leverage, but to say he is in control of the DEA's decision is misleading, IMO.

control is misleading, that's why i didn't use it
but the fact is Trump could make it happen
it might not be as easy as signing an executive order
and Congress(parts of it) would LOVE it if he did
cannabis is still somewhat radioactive, it's going to burn if touched
so what happens? the dance continues
the most will be promised(kind of), the least will be given(as usual)

Bulldog11

Veteran
Same as how you said BTC hit 30k by last month?

lol, last month. I said Feb........ :comfort:

That was the one prediction in that thread I couldn't have been more wrong on....... I will wear that. :tiphat: As I will wear no legalization in 18 months if it doesn't happen. No edit's here.

I actually pulled up the Ancient Aliens thread, and had one of the most epic wrong predictions in history. Might as well share it for a laugh. Keep in mind this post was made on 12-31-2010

This is the best show ever! I have watched all the episodes and I love it.

Here is what I believe, coming in 2012 they will return. All these UFO shows and Doomsday 2012 shows are just prepping us. Soon our creators, the aliens, will return and open our minds to the "prime directive." Dec 21, 2012 is when the planets line up to the center of the universe and some sort of portal will become available. This is how they return. It may takes months for them to reach us after this, but it all starts on Dec 21, 2012. Just ask the Mayans, Egyptians, Indians, or any other ancient culture. They all knew what is coming.

The aliens obviously returned and the government is keeping it from us.........lol

Bulldog11

Veteran
control is misleading, that's why i didn't use it
but the fact is Trump could make it happen
it might not be as easy as signing an executive order
and Congress(parts of it) would LOVE it if he did
cannabis is still somewhat radioactive, it's going to burn if touched
so what happens? the dance continues
the most will be promised(kind of), the least will be given(as usual)

I strongly disagree with the term "trump could make it happen". All you have stated is the FDA could do it, and Trump controls the FDA. In reality, we all know the FDA is controlled by big Phrama, who can't have canna legal or else their profits would take a huge hit.

So no, I don't agree Trump can do anything in this situation, until congress puts a bill in front of him....... It feels like people are trying to blame Trump, when I see Trump trying to put pressure on Congress. The only real avenue to legalization as I see it.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Would be tight if you made a thread that brought folks together, like a grow thread, being that you've been given another chance here on this site for the upteenth time. Imo of course

Bulldog11

Veteran
Would be tight if you made a thread that brought folks together, like a grow thread, being that you've been given another chance here on this site for the upteenth time. Imo of course

I am actually considering a grow thread for the first time in 2 years. I vowed to never do another thread, due to the behavior of previous mods. However it seems Gypsy has that in check. Who knows, maybe I will even pay for my own channel and sponsorship soon. :tiphat:

I swear I actually meant for this thread to unite us pot growers. The day we can all celebrate cannabis legalization, and any movements in that direction, is a win for the cannabis community. I just don't understand the people that hate Trump so much, they would rather see cannabis stay illegal than give Trump credit. I wish Obama would have legalized cannabis, and I wouldn't have to be wasting my time with local government setting up $25k development agreement papers. I would have celebrated Obama legalizing cannabis, and I would do the same under Trump.

igrowone

Veteran
I strongly disagree with the term "trump could make it happen". All you have stated is the FDA could do it, and Trump controls the FDA. In reality, we all know the FDA is controlled by big Phrama, who can't have canna legal or else their profits would take a huge hit.

So no, I don't agree Trump can do anything in this situation, until congress puts a bill in front of him....... It feels like people are trying to blame Trump, when I see Trump trying to put pressure on Congress. The only real avenue to legalization as I see it.

well, this is where we disagree somewhat, but not in a real way
Trump could reschedule/deschedule our beloved plant
i see it as he really doesn't give a damn
you see it as outside forces, either way not happening
however, i'm looking at the positives, legalization is creeping forward state by state
and federal action is likely, what and when is the question

theJointedOne

Veteran
I am actually considering a grow thread for the first time in 2 years. I vowed to never do another thread, due to the behavior of previous mods. However it seems Gypsy has that in check. Who knows, maybe I will even pay for my own channel and sponsorship soon. :tiphat:

I don't think it was the actions of mods that led up to your previous banning(s) , fwiw. Gotta take responsibility for your actions bro.

And I have a hard time believing that you didnt know the thread title here would cuase some drama. Your old nic had a pro trump sig, you could have made the title "Cannabis may become fed legal" but you had to give trump credit for something hasn't happened yet, simply at best here-say, just like your tron and btc ect. But then when people bring up the facts you say now trump cant make it legal...so why name the thread that then?

"So no, I don't agree Trump can do anything in this situation"

thread title -Trump actively trying to legalize..

Bulldog11

Veteran
Once again, your perception decives you.....

My old sig clearly said, "I say this as a person who did not vote for Trump, and as somebody that doesn't approve of his leadership and personality." or something to that nature. Re-read the first post. I was trying to get people to unite, with Trump, for cannabis. You don't have to like anything else Trump does, but one would think on a pot forum, if Trump legalizes pot, that would be big, unifying news, right?

Don't believe me ask Gypsy. In pm's I had been trying to show him for months how a thread can start out as benevolent, and end up ugly due to personal political views. THAT WAS MY PURPOSE. That and bringing attention to the fact that cannabis may soon be federally legal. All unifying causes, imo.

Only thing I am guilty of is American pride and promoting the things that make America great. Cannabis legalization would be one of those things.

With all that said, yea, some blame goes to me on the old threads. However there is a reason I was able to do grow thread after grow thread for almost a decade, before trolls started to ruin my threads. Go back and check for yourself, gypsy did, and found I was telling the truth. It takes two to tango, so yea, I was part of that dance. I will work on being better.

brown_thumb

It's always interesting to me how much emotion gets brought into these political threads. I personally have no stake in any political party or candidate, my wish to not be involved seems to increase the more I hear from supporters and detractors of most sides of the argument. Facts and truth simply doesn't seem to matter any more, it's all feelings, persuasion, opinions, memes, youtube videos, peoples hatred, people weaponizing things like compassion and understanding to sway opinions to their leanings, and whatever the fuck Kanye West tweets about, in a way it's almost sickening how easily manipulated and riled up we can become these days.

Many politicians seem to be able to remove the emotion from what they do, just like any successful businessman can do. Maybe it'd be good for us all to remove the emotional aspect from our political leanings, but I wonder if that is even possible given the nature of the beast? This thread itself seems to prove me wrong (I've been guilty of it myself too), but maybe there is change afoot. I think it'd be most welcome.

I couldn't care less who legalized marijuana federally in the US, because then the rest of the world will follow suit and I can hopefully have a few plants out in my backyard, in my closet and greenhouse and not have to worry about loosing my freedom. That person will be as memorable as the person who ended prohibition, some people will remember, but most wont, because the act is more important than the person performing it. Lets just hope it happens, who cares who instigates it.

Much truth there...

Why? As a society we are easily brainwashed, manipulated, and led. This makes us easy to divide and conquer. We willingly and eagerly chase the rabbits they point to and tell us are rabid. We chase and curse those damn rabid rabbits when the truly sick ones are the manipulators pointing their fingers... becoming filthy rich... and laughing at us.

Sincere promises... or manipulative bullshit? We have a carrot dangling in front of our noses... just out of reach. Are we pulling the cart?

Bulldog11

Veteran
, just like your tron and btc ect..

lol, you seem to miss a lot of facts man...... I did say btc will go back to 30k by feb. That was wrong. However, at 2.4 cents I told everybody Tron was about to explode. I told everybody why, and what factors. Tron hit 10 cents yesterday. That would mean people could have 5x'ed their money. That takes about 10 years if in the stock market. I also clearly state in that thread I don't really pay attention to BTC, because I am trying to stack Tron. Only reason I comment on BTC is it controls that market. However the coin I pay closest attention to, and give advice on, has been absolutely killing it.

So really, you have to listen better. I don't like Trump as a president, I didn't vote for him. Just because I approve of some things he does, doesn't mean I can't find fault in the guy.

Same with Tron, just because you don't understand crypto, doesn't make anything I said wrong. In fact, if you had listened you could have made a fortune. Soon people will see just how much Tron has made me.... :tiphat: That isn't bragging, or anything other than facts. Hard to argue facts man.......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Once again, your perception decives you.....

My old sig clearly said, "I say this as a person who did not vote for Trump, and as somebody that doesn't approve of his leadership and personality." or something to that nature. Re-read the first post. I was trying to get people to unite, with Trump, for cannabis. You don't have to like anything else Trump does, but one would think on a pot forum, if Trump legalizes pot, that would be big, unifying news, right?

Don't believe me ask Gypsy. In pm's I had been trying to show him for months how a thread can start out as benevolent, and end up ugly due to personal political views. THAT WAS MY PURPOSE. That and bringing attention to the fact that cannabis may soon be federally legal. All unifying causes, imo.

Only thing I am guilty of is American pride and promoting the things that make America great. Cannabis legalization would be one of those things.

With all that said, yea, some blame goes to me on the old threads. However there is a reason I was able to do grow thread after grow thread for almost a decade, before trolls started to ruin my threads. Go back and check for yourself, gypsy did, and found I was telling the truth. It takes two to tango, so yea, I was part of that dance. I will work on being better.

True....you were quite often a cantankerous curmudgeon in the past....as we all can be at times, but time and reflection can change a person and make us all see the error of our ways...

Hopefully you have matured enough to realize that by now?

Just don't feed the trolls, let me sort out who's being the pillock and who's being picked on, after all ....thats what I am here for.

Bulldog11

Veteran
But then when people bring up the facts you say now trump cant make it legal...so why name the thread that then?

"So no, I don't agree Trump can do anything in this situation"

thread title -Trump actively trying to legalize..

ok..... here is your misunderstanding........

Trump doesn't have the ability to decree legalization. You could give an executive order, but that can be thrown out by the next president. Some thoughts have been Trump could push the FDA and DEA, but I don't think that push out weighs the lobbyist, such as big pharma and the police unions.

Trump is "actively" trying to legalize cannabis, by allowing the cole memo to be resented, thus putting the issue in front of Congress. Trump is "actively" trying to legalize cannabis by making deals with Colorado's Senator Gardner. Trump is actively trying to legalize cannabis by making deals with Shoemer. (sp)

So to wrap it up, yes I believe Trump is "actively" trying to legalize cannabis, by putting the issue infront of congress, and pressuring congress members to write a bill.

No I don't think Trump can Decree cannabis legal.

It's complicated, but I am clear as day when one tries to comprehend what is actually being said. Instead of assuming I am a Donald Trump cheerleader......... I even put a disclaimer in my signature, but nobody cares. People hear one possitive thing about Trump and assume you are 100% Trump. That just isn't the case, and in fact, I don't know a single subject in my life I am 100% on...... other than love and peace and all that crap, =)

Easy7

Veteran
Any law can be repealed by the next administration, also congress and senate. What is very difficult to stop, is the peoples minds catching on to opinions. When states legalize, there are more reps voted into office that actually WORK to keep those opinions of the people law.

We are stuck in this conservative verses progressive. One is about old ways, one is about new was of thinking. It's been like that always, one form or another. It's that things have to surface to be a hot topic and to cause change. So that's always frustrating for people that are for or oppose a topic being discussed.

I'm not so much for old ways. The world changes and we must adapt to that. The definition of intelligence is, being able to adapt to new situations. Low intelligence means more difficulty adapting. Higher intelligence, you adapt much easier.