What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

Easy7

Veteran
I live in a very conservative county and city in a growing conservative state. Personally, I blame the modern version of Christianity. A bunch of brainwashing going on. Come join us, give yourself to the lord (the church and community that sets standards for all behavior). Meanwhile a preachers son overdosed on heroin.

I'm not against belief. But the way things go down it's a method of mind control. Not even a very great method of mind control. It mostly dumbs people down.

What we really need is FOX news to be pro-cannabis. They have so much influence over people that want to get into heaven. CNN is influencing people to understand that cannabis isn't that bad and is a better source of pain relief. But CNN is hated by people that think they are going to heaven.

Attachments

• trump cest.jpg
    trump cest.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
  • AAAAAAAAAAAt.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAAt.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 12

armedoldhippy

Veteran
what Trump COULD do (but is unlikely to) is call the head of the DEA in & tell him "you have 24 hours to issue a statement placing cannabis in sch. 5 or lower, or deschedule it entirely. you work for me, make it happen or resign. what the states may do is not up to us." i'm sure that some backwards states (like Tennessee) would promptly pass new laws RE cannabis, but most will go for freedom if the federal boot is off of their neck. no more excuses. you can never tell what another administration will do, but you can ALWAYS try to do your best. i'm not holding my breath myself...:tiphat:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
what Trump COULD do (but is unlikely to) is call the head of the DEA in & tell him "you have 24 hours to issue a statement placing cannabis in sch. 5 or lower, or deschedule it entirely. you work for me, make it happen or resign. what the states may do is not up to us." i'm sure that some backwards states (like Tennessee) would promptly pass new laws RE cannabis, but most will go for freedom if the federal boot is off of their neck. no more excuses. you can never tell what another administration will do, but you can ALWAYS try to do your best. i'm not holding my breath myself...:tiphat:

That would be great!! But they will not take it completely off the Schedule list-- If they do that, then it will be the same as lettuce...and the States can't tax it, or charge for licensing for growing and sales-- But I do think they will drop it to 2 or 3-- :tiphat:

M

moose eater

Alcohol isn't scheduled in the 1970 Controlled Substances Act, is clearly a drug that causes impairment, etc., but is regulated separately unto itself. And taxed pretty heavily, I might add.

Other than for the fear of folks who digested the anti-pot propaganda for 80+ years with little question, and the continuing fears they harbor, as well as those who are already disenfranchised in one way or another by legalization (private prisons, narcotics officers, and others who've profited from this nonsense), I see no -real- reason why that couldn't be an approach; simply have to get past human frailties, fears, biases, and all the other stuff that's bogged us down for (how many tens of thousand years??)

Bulldog11

Veteran
I live in a very conservative county and city in a growing conservative state. Personally, I blame the modern version of Christianity. A bunch of brainwashing going on. Come join us, give yourself to the lord (the church and community that sets standards for all behavior). Meanwhile a preachers son overdosed on heroin.

I'm not against belief. But the way things go down it's a method of mind control. Not even a very great method of mind control. It mostly dumbs people down.

What we really need is FOX news to be pro-cannabis. They have so much influence over people that want to get into heaven. CNN is influencing people to understand that cannabis isn't that bad and is a better source of pain relief. But CNN is hated by people that think they are going to heaven.

Dont you know anything about how cannabis became illegal? Read a book, it has nothing to do with religion........ Where do you come up with this crap? A very popular cannabis book about it's history is The Emperor Wears NO Clothes by Jack Herer. Read up, it's an amazing read. I have bought the book for at least 20 people over the last 20 years. Not sure how many have actually read it.

Bulldog11

Veteran

Then the DEA head would say..... if I legalize cannabis then I don't get money from the police union, jail union, pharmaceutical companies, and I don't have a job anyway......

Simple 1 + 1 Math.......

No way in hell the DEA or FDA legalize cannabis without a piece of the pie already split up......

Once again, the only path to legalization is Congress. :tiphat:

Bulldog11

Veteran
Any law can be repealed by the next administration, also congress and senate. What is very difficult to stop, is the peoples minds catching on to opinions. When states legalize, there are more reps voted into office that actually WORK to keep those opinions of the people law.

sigh....... No that isn't correct.......

Executive Order
An executive order is an official document signed by the president that declares government policy. In an executive order, a president is giving instructions to government agencies and departments about how to operate in a certain area.
An executive order is legally binding, and written into the official journal of the government, the Federal Register. Each executive order is numbered.
Executive orders cannot reverse a law passed by Congress. Limited in scope, their sweep isn't as broad as a piece of legislation.
President Trump can overturn any of President Obama's executive orders, just as Trump's successor can overturn anything he signs while in office.

Repeal federal law

All statute laws in the US are created by Congress; the president cannot create or repeal law.

Congress has the authority to enact, change, or repeal federal law. A law can be repealed by getting fifty one percent of both houses of congress to pass legislation repealing it, and a president who won’t veto the repeal. Or if the president does veto it, to have enough congressional votes over override his veto.

There are three kinds of federal law: Statutes enacted by congress, Regulations added to statute law by the federal department charged with enforcing the law, and Constitutional law which is the highest law of the land and is written into the Constitution.

Congress can enact, change, or repeal statute law with a simple majority vote; they can also override and change regulatory law, if they don’t like the way the federal department is doing things. They can propose a Constitutional Amendment by a two thirds vote of each of the houses of congress, and if the amendment is then passed by two thirds of the state legislatures it becomes part of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court can strike down Statutory or Regulatory law that the court determines as un-Constitutional.

It really hurts the conversation to continue to bring up nonfactual stuff as a counter argument. Please try to not do this in the future, :tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
Then the DEA head would say..... if I legalize cannabis then I don't get money from the police union, jail union, pharmaceutical companies, and I don't have a job anyway......

... :tiphat:

maybe, i'd like to see what happens if an actual directive was issued from the whitehouse
i'd actually love to see what happens, but sadly it's a philosophical question, because it won't happen

Easy7

Veteran
Yes, cannabis prohibition had a lot to do with white christian people fearing non-white non-christian people. People that used weed.

Culture and religion do not separate. Mexicans were mostly catholic and wasps don't like catholics. America was a wasp nation from 'the start' of America as we know it. They feared the pope taking over. Familiar with catholics and freemasons not getting along? Catholics can't be masons.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Does it matter that it's MSM reporting this, it's all over the internet today.

Doctor says Trump dictated letter about his health

Donald Trump may not be the “healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” after all.

Capping a bizarre day for the president’s former personal physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein told CNN Tuesday that he didn’t write the glowing 2015 assessment of Trump’s health that carried his signature.

“He dictated that whole letter. I didn’t write that letter. I just made it up as I went along,” Bornstein told CNN.

The Trump campaign touted the four-paragraph letter, which stated “his health is excellent, especially his mental health.”

“If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” the original letter concluded.

Days before its release, Trump himself foretold what Bornstein would say:
"As a presidential candidate, I have instructed my long-time doctor to issue, within two weeks, a full medical report-it will show perfection"
8:08AM Dec. 3, 2015 <---TWEET

Bornstein’s assertion that then candidate Trump had instructed him what to tell the media about his health came the same day that another story involving the doctor made headlines.

In an interview with NBC News, Bornstein said that on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017, Trump’s longtime bodyguard, a lawyer in the Trump organization and one other man raided his Manhattan office, removing all of the president’s medical records. The incident, Bornstein said, left him feeling “raped, frightened and sad.”

“They must have been here for 25 or 30 minutes. It created a lot of chaos,” Bornstein told NBC.

At Tuesday’s briefing, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders downplayed the notion that the doctor’s office had been raided, saying the records “were being transferred over to the White House Medical Unit, as requested.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-says-trump-dictated-letter-health-000553950.html

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

Does it matter that it's MSM reporting this, it's all over the internet today.

Doctor says Trump dictated letter about his health

Donald Trump may not be the “healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” after all.

Capping a bizarre day for the president’s former personal physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein told CNN Tuesday that he didn’t write the glowing 2015 assessment of Trump’s health that carried his signature.

“He dictated that whole letter. I didn’t write that letter. I just made it up as I went along,” Bornstein told CNN.

The Trump campaign touted the four-paragraph letter, which stated “his health is excellent, especially his mental health.”

“If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” the original letter concluded.

Days before its release, Trump himself foretold what Bornstein would say:
"As a presidential candidate, I have instructed my long-time doctor to issue, within two weeks, a full medical report-it will show perfection"
8:08AM Dec. 3, 2015 <---TWEET

Bornstein’s assertion that then candidate Trump had instructed him what to tell the media about his health came the same day that another story involving the doctor made headlines.

In an interview with NBC News, Bornstein said that on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017, Trump’s longtime bodyguard, a lawyer in the Trump organization and one other man raided his Manhattan office, removing all of the president’s medical records. The incident, Bornstein said, left him feeling “raped, frightened and sad.”

“They must have been here for 25 or 30 minutes. It created a lot of chaos,” Bornstein told NBC.

At Tuesday’s briefing, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders downplayed the notion that the doctor’s office had been raided, saying the records “were being transferred over to the White House Medical Unit, as requested.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-says-trump-dictated-letter-health-000553950.html

The POSOTUS is Healthy as FUCK!! That is why he caught Kanye's eye!! :laughing: (What's up Stoner4Life...been a minute since I been here-- Cheers bud!!)
rd58rgjpwtu01.jpg

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Some posters in this thread have very strong opinions on what is reality with Cannabis and how it can be legalized on the Federal level or rescheduled so it can be sold as a legal product. While they may be correct, I remind all that they are just posting their opinions, and until it happens no one knows exactly how it will come about.
Most of us know it will happen sooner or later, but some of us prefer black-market Cannabis as it is easier to make a profit on the down low.
If legal Cannabis was actually reflecting real production costs and what a farmer would make for any normal legal crop like tomatoes, the black market will be gone as production costs will fall above the cost of production of legal outdoor and greenhouse Cannabis.
Anyone want to grow Black market Cannabis that is worth only $10-100 a Oz on the retail market? Only buyer is for out of state export to states that have no legal cheap Cannabis.
I predict Cannabis prices will continue to fall and fall, how low and how fast I can not say, but It will shock growers that were around for the $5,000 Lb's. If they are not in shock already....
I could sell dry Cannabis unmanicured for $100 a KG and make a good profit, and I know what great Cannabis is, believe me. If Christmas tree farmers can spend 5 years on a tree they sell for $100 and make a profit, Cannabis farmers can do the same in less then a year, I could if allowed.

-SamS