What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRUMP has Covid-19

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the polling is similar. Trump has the most support amongst non-college educated white men.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
All the polling is similar. Trump has the most support amongst non-college educated white men.

picture.php

St. Phatty

Anybody want to take a stab at estimating how many states Trump will win ?

I'll go with 8 to 10 states, Trump wins.

When you look at some of the polls, it looks like he's leading in about 20 states.

When you read some of the articles, they're talking 1984 Reagan, 49 out of 50 states.

But that was for Reagan. Not, for Mondale.

Imagine if Mondale had won 40 states in 1984. We'd have had a VP Geraldine Ferraro.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Anybody want to take a stab at estimating how many states Trump will win ?

I'll go with 8 to 10 states, Trump wins.

When you look at some of the polls, it looks like he's leading in about 20 states.

When you read some of the articles, they're talking 1984 Reagan, 49 out of 50 states.

But that was for Reagan. Not, for Mondale.

Imagine if Mondale had won 40 states in 1984. We'd have had a VP Geraldine Ferraro.

Top of the list for least educated.
Massachusetts has the most at 42%.
DC Washington elite has 56%. but that's a private club.

picture.php

Cannavore

Veteran
I worked when I was in college to pay my living (partying) expenses.
As do 70% of students enrolled in a College education according to studies. The difference is students working today are working to literally pay for their education. Not to have some extra beer money or money for housing.

I got a full ride scholarship for tuition, books, food and lodging because I graduated 4th in my class of 94 kids.
And in today's world, Republicans cut scholarships and grant programs, making such things harder to attain.

While I was smoking dope and chasing pussy I got 2 degrees in 5 years.
assuming those degrees were bachelor's degrees, each one in today's world would potentially put you $30k in the hole. you would have graduated with potentially $60,000 in student loans if you were doing it all over today.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
As do 70% of students enrolled in a College education according to studies. The difference is students working today are working to literally pay for their education. Not to have some extra beer money or money for housing.

And in today's world, Republicans cut scholarships and grant programs, making such things harder to attain.

assuming those degrees were bachelor's degrees, each one in today's world would potentially put you $30k in the hole. you would have graduated with potentially $60,000 in student loans if you were doing it all over today.

so strange to me to think people want education to be profitable, when its the best bang for buck investment any nation can make. its like if you want your nation to prosper you have to make sure the citizens are well educated to their abilities. every dollar put in to teaching someone to read write and do math comes back a thousand fold in tax income from that student when hes older.

'Boogieman'

It cost me roughly 5k to become a journeyman plumber plus the time you have to put in the apprenticeship program. I like going in nice houses on the lake, often get cool ideas if I were to build my own home. I like doing something different everyday and you get a lot of down time to get on my phone while waiting for glue to harden or pipes to cool down.

Cannavore

Veteran
It cost me roughly 5k to become a journeyman plumber plus the time you have to put in the apprenticeship program.

if that's your choice, then fine. but why should the state essentially be able to stop me from reaching my full potential by putting an economic paywall in front of something that benefits society as a whole?

what if someone wants to be a doctor or a physicist but cannot afford the education? we just say fuck it and make them do something below their potential? or tell them to go get an education out of the country?

PhD's on average graduate with $100k in student loan debt. How is that a good thing? If anything it's deterring people to seek out higher education.

Cannavore

Veteran
so strange to me to think people want education to be profitable, when its the best bang for buck investment any nation can make. its like if you want your nation to prosper you have to make sure the citizens are well educated to their abilities. every dollar put in to teaching someone to read write and do math comes back a thousand fold in tax income from that student when hes older.

it's a basic idea that most people have seemed to forget. same thing goes for public/taxpayer funded infrastructure programs. it's a studied phenomenon that every dollar or two spent on rebuilding our infrastructure, it generates 3 or 4 dollars in GDP. in other words an investment well spent. same goes for college education. this isn't the 70's any more, a high school diploma isn't going to cut it in a competitive global market economy.

'Boogieman'

if that's your choice, then fine. but why should the state essentially be able to stop me from reaching my full potential by putting an economic paywall in front of something that benefits society as a whole?

what if someone wants to be a doctor or a physicist but cannot afford the education? we just say fuck it and make them do something below their potential? or tell them to go get an education out of the country?

PhD's on average graduate with $100k in student loan debt. How is that a good thing? If anything it's deterring people to seek out higher education.

It's fucked, I don't know who or what controls the cost but you should be able to pay it off in a year like I did.

Cannavore

Veteran
it was either reagan or nixon who fucked college. it used to be affordable. back in the day the US used to have tuition free public college. it may not have been a federal program, i cant recall off hand, but many states including California did it.

most of these policies like tuition free public college are old US ideas that social democracies around the western world, like finland, germany, denmark, etc, have instituted. Hell there are even countries like Slovenia that have free public college and i don't even think i could find slovenia on an unlabeled map, lol.

h.h.

Veteran
Everybody goes to college, then what? They all become managers.

We’ll need to start letting the caravans in so we have somebody working.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's fucked, I don't know who or what controls the cost but you should be able to pay it off in a year like I did.

If you could get the rest of the republicans to go for that we could have it in less than a year.

h.h.

Veteran
Tuition in California was pretty cheap. It cost a lot more for the books.

The expense comes from not working. Childcare, rent, food. Time away from other obligations. Even with free college, many can’t afford to attend.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there. I know a girl who graduated from high school last year and had 36 college credits for free because she was smart and applied herself.

there are all kinds of opportunities in this greatest of countries. How can I tell its great you ask, when I see a fuck who gets out of bed at 10 am, has a nice car, big screen tv, money for weed, a 400 dollar bill yo smartphone, and 200 dolla bill yo sneakers, I know even the 'poor' people have it made. on top of that they are usually obese because they eat too much food, and dont have to burn calories to survive.

God bless america man......c'mon man......

:biggrin:

Only in america can you start out sucking willie brown's dick, and make it all the way to veep candidate of the democrat party. Its the stuff dreams are made of. You just gotta go get it.

How does this relate to getting a good education without having to pay for it? No one would force someone to get educated. If all you want is a HS diploma do that, there are millions that have done well with just a HS diploma. I can guarantee most would benefit getting educated beyond HS.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There are allot of ways for a high school student to get college credits.
If the high school has a International Baccalaureate program.
Advanced Placement tests.
CLEP tests.

Not all colleges accept all of the credits.

Nothing too remarkable and you don't have to be brilliant to get the credits.
Motivated helps.

Cuddles

Zeez, do you know how many schools offer IB in the US? I imagine that it can´t be that many, am I right?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Zeez, do you know how many schools offer IB in the US? I imagine that it can´t be that many, am I right?

Allot of the charter schools are IB and a few public high schools. It's kind of an elite thing. I'm against charter schools because they take money away from public schools. DeVos has been pushing it. If all public schools were brought up to that level it would be great.