What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRUMP has Covid-19

Cuddles

Allot of the charter schools are IB and a few public high schools. It's kind of an elite thing. I'm against charter schools because they take money away from public schools. DeVos has been pushing it. If all public schools were brought up to that level it would be great.

Thanks, although I don´t really know what a charter school is.

But I´m interested, how do they take money away from public schools? Are they not paid for privately, I mean by the pupils parents?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thanks, although I don´t really know what a charter school is.

But I´m interested, how do they take money away from public schools? Are they not paid for privately, I mean by the pupils parents?

Charter schools are public schools, but they claim t be a step up. IB is a step up but not all have it. Getting your kid in is not as straight up as it should be. Teachers, cops public servants seem to have better access and legacy is a shoe in. They claim that they relieve students from overpopulated public schools and claim the per kid cost portion as a claw back. The fact is that many school populations have been declining and the lost money hurts. In the end they are a bit like publicly funded private schools.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Allot of the charter schools are IB and a few public high schools. It's kind of an elite thing. I'm against charter schools because they take money away from public schools. DeVos has been pushing it. If all public schools were brought up to that level it would be great.
You got that right. OTOH, the US wants to keep their citizens relatively dumb. Sorry... we saw it happening over the years.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You got that right. OTOH, the US wants to keep their citizens relatively dumb. Sorry... we saw it happening over the years.

It's a fact. A close look at the admissions would be very revealing. Thanks to trump and DeVos we are one step closer to hitler youth, Hitler-Jugend, Bund deutscher Arbeiterjugend.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How does this relate to getting a good education without having to pay for it? No one would force someone to get educated. If all you want is a HS diploma do that, there are millions that have done well with just a HS diploma. I can guarantee most would benefit getting educated beyond HS.

most jobs that high school alone qualifies you for are going away. look at the dismal state of the steel/auto industries today. sure, there is always going to be SOME plant/factory jobs here, but on a much smaller scale, and in much more technical industries. IE- stuff we cannot afford to shuffle off to Malaysia, Taiwan, or China for our own security. those are not gonna be work station/mass production style jobs; gonna take more education than joe average citizen possesses...

h.h.

Veteran
most jobs that high school alone qualifies you for are going away. look at the dismal state of the steel/auto industries today. sure, there is always going to be SOME plant/factory jobs here, but on a much smaller scale, and in much more technical industries. IE- stuff we cannot afford to shuffle off to Malaysia, Taiwan, or China for our own security. those are not gonna be work station/mass production style jobs; gonna take more education than joe average citizen possesses...

More education and fewer workers.

It's a fact. A close look at the admissions would be very revealing. Thanks to trump and DeVos we are one step closer to hitler youth, Hitler-Jugend, Bund deutscher Arbeiterjugend.

your movement is far closer to Nazi then Trump supporters. ..Shit man your crew is marauding around the country beating people up, torching building, burning books, removing statues, forcing people to comply by putting their arm above their head in the Nazi salute, Attack on free speech, attack on Jews, Pro Islam( because they hate the jews and are good for votes)..... point by point this is exactly what the Nazi's did.. you sir are supporting a authoritarian nazi like movement and didn't even realize it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most jobs that high school alone qualifies you for are going away. look at the dismal state of the steel/auto industries today. sure, there are always going to be SOME plant/factory jobs here, but on a much smaller scale, and in much more technical industries. IE- stuff we cannot afford to shuffle off to Malaysia, Taiwan, or China for our own security. those are not gonna be work station/mass production style jobs; gonna take more education than joe average citizen possesses...

I agree, Most good-paying jobs require more schooling or at least a trade school. Depending on where you live has a huge impact. 80k salary in Cali doesn't get you much. The same pay in Virginia will get you much. There are not that many jobs that pay that in Virginia. To even concidered requires a Degree.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I agree, Most good-paying jobs require more schooling or at least a trade school. Depending on where you live has a huge impact. 80k salary in Cali doesn't get you much. The same pay in Virginia will get you much. There are not that many jobs that pay that in Virginia. To even concidered (considered (corrected that for you)) requires a Degree.
That right there should tell you the story! IMHO you don't get experience from a book but, you require a degree to hold a job that was once held by someone who had a 2 ys college degree on the subject. If you haven't figured it out yet... look at all the pillaging that is going on wrt education. Phoque, folks have student debts in the $100s of K by the time they graduate. It is big business, period! We are not talking having degrees in the tech area here (future) but, think of this for a minute and you want "joe taxpayer" to fund this?. We are all going to be replaced by robots.

The US has been at war for its entire existence with the exception of 17 years. Does that tell you something? The war machine is alive and well. How many movies have you seen on this particular topic. GI Jane comes to mind, and that is what is going on on capitol hill daily.

How come all these "public servants" (senators and congress) are multi millionaires? Wise investments? I don't think so Tim. Move away from the kool-aid fountain and open your eyes with what is going on in the inner cities. Is that by accident? Once again I think not.

We are nothing more than slaves, who will be eventually replaced by machines. How is that for a snapshot of the/your future. Government don't run the show and anyone who think their voice matters, need to revisit their beliefs. Neither side gives two shits about you. Your only purpose is to continue supporting "their" bank accounts by voting for them.

Social engineering has led us to the current sate of affairs with all the riots. Do you actually think tRump is smart enough to dream up such a plot on the "world". Once again, I think not!

This is not only happening in the US but across the world. Wake up and smell the coffee or invest in glass belly buttons. I hear the stock is soaring!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That right there should tell you the story! IMHO you don't get experience from a book but, you require a degree to hold a job that was once held by someone who had a 2 ys college degree on the subject. If you haven't figured it out yet... look at all the pillaging that is going on wrt education. Phoque, folks have student debts in the $100s of K by the time they graduate. It is big business, period! We are not talking having degrees in the tech area here (future) but, think of this for a minute and you want "joe taxpayer" to fund this?. We are all going to be replaced by robots.

The US has been at war for its entire existence with the exception of 17 years. Does that tell you something? The war machine is alive and well. How many movies have you seen on this particular topic. GI Jane comes to mind, and that is what is going on on capitol hill daily.

How come all these "public servants" (senators and congress) are multi millionaires? Wise investments? I don't think so Tim. Move away from the kool-aid fountain and open your eyes with what is going on in the inner cities. Is that by accident? Once again I think not.

We are nothing more than slaves, who will be eventually replaced by machines. How is that for a snapshot of the/your future. Government don't run the show and anyone who think their voice matters, need to revisit their beliefs. Neither side gives two shits about you. Your only purpose is to continue supporting "their" bank accounts by voting for them.

Social engineering has led us to the current sate of affairs with all the riots. Do you actually think tRump is smart enough to dream up such a plot on the "world". Once again, I think not!

This is not only happening in the US but across the world. Wake up and smell the coffee or invest in glass belly buttons. I hear the stock is soaring!

Not a single person starts their career with experience. We all start with our education. When I was a kid I had many low paying jobs where experience got me in because I could push a broom or push buttons... These where all labor extensive low paying jobs. My career started after college. If you compare the wages from experienced vs educated workers get there's a huge difference in pay. Every person in congress has a degree.

Your post has many different subjects beyond getting educated.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Manufacturing, that is true. If you work in a factory operating a machine, it is probably because they just haven't bought new automated machinery. Education - watch the HS grads count change at the market to see how our education system is failing us.

Edit: Seems they can't automate away all the work, and they can't fill the work they have.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/auto-supply-companies-are-desperate-factory-workers

Skilled hands-on jobs will always exist, and can't really be replaced by automation. A guy I know with his own gas pipe (residential and commercial) can't find help. Being a bully doesn't help his employee stability, but still he has trouble finding help.

Machinist
Welder
Plumber
Mechanic

The jobs that require knowledge and skill.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Why would I. We were discussing the most good-paying jobs that come from being educated. I couldn't even get an interview at Intel had I not had my Degree.
I know, it was over your head. We all started sweeping floors in one way or another. I remember my 1st job. Do you have any experience. No. Sorry! I blew up at her after 2 weeks of pounding the ground. How am I supposed to "get" experience if no one wants to provide me with the opportunity to gain said experience. I may as well apply for old age pension! She asked me to step outside. Called me back 10 minutes later and offered me a job. Can you start this afternoon. I said no. It is 1pm or so, I haven't' had lunch yet. I can start Monday. She also stated the only reason she gave me a job is because I had gumption. I was a cocky kid.

You don't need a business degree to do a clerking job, which many require these days and (at least in my neck of the woods, you are not making more money because you have said degree!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know, it was over your head. We all started sweeping floors in one way or another. I remember my 1st job. Do you have any experience. No. Sorry! I blew up at her after 2 weeks of pounding the ground. How am I supposed to "get" experience if no one wants to provide me with the opportunity to gain said experience. I may as well apply for old age pension! She asked me to step outside. Called me back 10 minutes later and offered me a job. Can you start this afternoon. I said no. It is 1pm or so, I haven't' had lunch yet. I can start Monday. She also stated the only reason she gave me a job is because I had gumption. I was a cocky kid.

You don't need a business degree to do a clerking job, which many require these days and (at least in my neck of the woods, you are not making more money because you have said degree!

Passive aggressive much?.

I'm retired, So no I make a lot less.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am sitting here making $30/hr retired, with no debts, except my truck pmt. Not bad for a high school drop out!

Speaking of car pmts, once upon a time, the max amortization for vehicle loans was 3 yrs. Now it is 8+. It is kust another form of enslavement. You folks hate Trump so much, it has coloured your intellect. t Rump is nothing more than a tool, used by the establishment, as is Biden BTW. So continue with your head firmly implanted...

I also remember the day after retirement (while working as a 2nd class engineer) my boss told me. Now that you have a car pmt (jeta diesel, bought for commuting) we got you on the hook. Excuse me! I paid cash for that car. As a former boss I would have never thought of the subject, let alone saying it out loud. I worked because I wanted to work. I was making more retired than what they were paying me. I Johnny Paychecked that job. I never signed up to 60-72 hr weeks (retired) I retired @ 49 and, I enjoy the fruits of my labour :biggrin: I freaking earned them!!!

Start reading... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377176&page=4

h.h.

Veteran

Sorry, I needed help today.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are always exceptions. Bill gates is a college drop out. Most would benefit from getting a college degree. At the very least it will help with critical thinking.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
There are always exceptions. Bill gates is a college drop out. Most would benefit from getting a college degree. At the very least it will help with critical thinking.
I sure hope you are not referring to yourself when you state the ability for critical thinking for which you have yet to indicate you are capable of!