What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainDankness

I'd like to make this perfectly clear. As a NY'er I've despised trump (<--- little man, little letters) since the '70s. There's not much more I can add to that.

But do you really think Hillary Clinton is any better?

Trump definitely wasn't the best option, Rand Paul probably would have been much better even Gary Johnson. Bernie might have been OK, but I think Hillary Clinton was about the worst possible option.

packerfan79

Veteran

Trump definitely wasn't the best option, Rand Paul probably would have been much better even Gary Johnson. Bernie might have been OK, but I think Hillary Clinton was about the worst possible option.

Bernie would have bankrupted the nation by now. People act like because Bernie is a grandpa type, he was harmless. I don't think any American is prepared for the type of economic destruction that is currently happening in Venuzuela. The average American ( especially millennials) are weak, not ready to go without water, food, toiletries, and electricity. The preppers would do fine as long as they stay concealed, The masses would go after the preppers, like the Soviets went after the landowners, simple farmers became the enemy of the state. Thus 6 million Ukranians starved to death. Now in Venuzuela they have to put up signs to remind people not to eat their children.

B

Bird~friend

Trump cancels summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un

Back On Now I Hear ?

jus' saying. Is the Mexico/U.S Dividing Wall Still Taking Shape ?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I voted for Gary Johnson, and so WHY you'd toss Hillary into the conversation is beside me :dunno:

Gry

Veteran
Bernie would have been wonderful for the people of this country.

Which is exactly why the the corporate arm of the democratic party saw to it that he was never going to get a chance.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh really?......well it just goes to show that you learn something every day.......and there is me thinking that 'lefty' might have something to do with some communist manifesto inspired political leanings...

So has U.S. politics got down to 2 distinct ideologies which is shown by whether they sit on the right or on the left side during debates in the houses of congress?

As a Brit I have no say in what way the politics lean in the USA, but I do find it rather intriguing and entertaining at the same time...

The two parties have been around pretty much from the start. They cover the spectrum of ideologies (far left, center left, far right, etc.) and used to have a substantial overlap in the middle. The Democrats, or at least their leadership, has been moving further left since Obama was initially elected. They typically advocate for larger government, higher taxes, more social programs, and more recently, lax immigration control and gun banning. The Republicans tend to stress smaller government, fiscal responsibility (frequently at the expense of social programs), and are friendlier to business and advocate for lower taxation levels.

Trump is actually close to the middle of the spectrum and is now considered to be a Republican, but was formerly a Democrat. He has been an advocate for single-payer medicine forever, but is much friendlier toward business than the former administration.

Regarding the Korean summit, North Korea has always been a pawn of the Chinese government. The steel and aluminum sanctions and the direction of the NAFTA negotiations resulted in China making a feint with increased NK bluster, and Trump called their bluff. They've since turned down the rhetoric and the summit is back on.

packerfan79

Veteran
Bernie would have been wonderful for the people of this country.

Which is exactly why the the corporate arm of the democratic party saw to it that he was never going to get a chance.

Explain that to the people of Venuzuela. There people are eating rats. They have inflation in line with post WW1 germany. It takes a wheelbarrow full of bolivars to buy a loaf of bread. Their is a black market for toilet paper. This is what you call progress?

Totalitarianism is never the answer. Why should hundreds of millions of people be bankrupted so a small percentage of losers who contribute nothing to society can be equal. Destroy the most advanced society in the history of the world, so losers can feel equal.

Bwanabud

Back On Now I Hear ?

jus' saying. Is the Mexico/U.S Dividing Wall Still Taking Shape ?

Bird,
Possibly June 12th, but then again maybe at a later date, or maybe not at all, or maybe we'll put a fast food joint in NK, or maybe not, or maybe if Trump talks long enough everyone will forget the question, or maybe not, or maybe we'll put high tariffs on SOME of our allies, or maybe not, or maybe maybe maybe...fuk where was I ? :dance013:

iTarzan

I'd like to make this perfectly clear. As a NY'er I've despised trump (<--- little man, little letters) since the '70s. There's not much more I can add to that.

That is fine. I would like to make it perfectly clear that TRUMP won and he is the president of your country.

Gry

Veteran
Explain that to the people of Venuzuela. There people are eating rats. They have inflation in line with post WW1 germany. It takes a wheelbarrow full of bolivars to buy a loaf of bread. Their is a black market for toilet paper. This is what you call progress?

Totalitarianism is never the answer. Why should hundreds of millions of people be bankrupted so a small percentage of losers who contribute nothing to society can be equal. Destroy the most advanced society in the history of the world, so losers can feel equal.

The answer that Bernie would offered would have involved democracy.

No need to look to Venezuela to find something else to throw at the concept of it.

B

Bird~friend

:D ... " fastfoodjoint"
[YOUTUBEIF]vXCqFohiXso[/YOUTUBEIF]
Bird,
Possibly June 12th, but then again maybe at a later date, or maybe not at all, or maybe we'll put a fast food joint in NK, or maybe not, or maybe if Trump talks long enough everyone will forget the question, or maybe not, or maybe we'll put high tariffs on SOME of our allies, or maybe not, or maybe maybe maybe...fuk where was I ? :dance013:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64823&pictureid=1855168&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If the USA had not wasted 7 Trillion dollars on wars in the middle-east supporting Israeli expansion ideas (and Israeli aid), and instead spent that HUGE amount of money on USA infrastructure/education and helping the American people within the USA, things would be looking much brighter.....for the whole world right now...

picture.php

iTarzan

The USA is 3/4 white. They voted Obama in twice and would have voted him in a third term if that was allowed. Now, since Hillary Clinton wasn't the next president we are a racist country that has lost its' way.

I don't think so.

Why did people vote for Trump. The same reason that Obama used to beat her. From Obama's mouth, "She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”.

It is in a new book...

"She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/us/politics/obama-reaction-trump-election-benjamin-rhodes.html

That is why people keep bringing her up. She never goes away. She might try again. Then we can look forward when Chelsie tries. The beast needed stopped. We think we stopped it but we didn't. It still has a baby that will soon have fangs.

iTarzan

If the USA had not wasted 7 Trillion dollars on wars in the middle-east supporting Israeli expansion ideas (and Israeli aid), and instead spent that HUGE amount of money on USA infrastructure/education and helping the American people within the USA, things would be looking much brighter.....for the whole world right now...

View Image

I would rather have back the 14 trillion we spent paying for NATO the last 20 some years. The USA spent roughly 650 billion a year while the rest of the world combined spent 300 billion.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I would rather have back the 14 trillion we spent paying for NATO the last 20 some years. The USA spent roughly 650 billion a year while the rest of the world combined spent 300 billion.

agreed, Trump should leave Nato and stop wasting the US tax payer money on it. would be a welcome change in the world, but the truth is Nato is an extension of the US military and no wonder the US pays the most for it, it has ultimate say in Nato, he who pays the bills sets the course.

Bwanabud

True,
But as the worlds richest/most powerful nation, with the largest war machine on the planet...who in NATO should pay more than the US ? We chose to become the worlds police, we chose to enter conflicts that we could have ignored.

We've sacrificed 10,000's of lives, along with those from our allies,,,yet now we bash them on a daily basis, insult their leaders and citizen's, and throw unreasonable tariffs on their nation on a whim.

Troubling times, mass confusion, no easy answers :tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

View Image

Not to mention the War on Drugs.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The USA is 3/4 white. They voted Obama in twice and would have voted him in a third term if that was allowed. Now, since Hillary Clinton wasn't the next president we are a racist country that has lost its' way.

I don't think so.

Why did people vote for Trump. The same reason that Obama used to beat her. From Obama's mouth, "She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”.

It is in a new book...

"She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/us/politics/obama-reaction-trump-election-benjamin-rhodes.html

That is why people keep bringing her up. She never goes away. She might try again. Then we can look forward when Chelsie tries. The beast needed stopped. We think we stopped it but we didn't. It still has a baby that will soon have fangs.

Seriously, This is how a lot of people in the US think of HRC- LITERALLY a monster. It's like they're bored, so they invented a monster. Ooh, and now the monster is going to have a baby. With Fangs. Ooh, I'm sooooo scared, LOLOLOLOLOL!!!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.