What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

Sideways

Thanks for the great info on the twister, that thing looks amazing. I have been following your outdoor thread and that is looking spectacular as well. The twister is a necessity in your case, but for the smaller grower would you recommend the trim reaper, trim pro, or the new one on trimscene- the pro cut fast? I will be getting one of these this year to speed things along. Thanks for the help, good luck and happy harvests.

cateros

The trims are all super nice, and I've watched videos of it in action and can tell it works wonderfully, but but $14,000 dollars and up for this?!
picture.php

I understand the people that would need something like this usually have that kind of money, but seriously?
How much does it cost to source or manufacture those wheels? The motor? The frame? The cutting wheel/tube? I don't think it'd come anywhere near what they're asking, even including a 100% markup.

I was expecting the thing to be 5-7 grand at most.

Not to come into your thread complaining, and I know they're your friends and all, but I could buy a brand new car for 14,000 dollars
How can you judge the value of that machine by looking at it for all you know every single part of the twister could be top of the line like for instance notice the frame is silver well it could be made from light weight high tensile strength chrom alloy that wont bend or rust ,then as far as the motor and all of the other parts go the manufacturer could have used the best motor and blades available but what it all should come down to is in this thread we have an owner of 2 who put out 28k and feels he got the better part of the deal I imagine that by the time they both have died and are beyond repair the owner will have gotten his money back in the savings of time and effort not to mention how much it saves the people who hire people to trim there buds .

cateros

Johnny, The machine is very gentle on the buds. We have looked at the buds with a magnifying loop before and after running them through the machine and there is very little to no damage. Because the bud is wet the resin sticks to the buds. When people hand trim dry buds a lot more of the dry resin falls off or ends up on the hands of the trimmers. I would put my buds up against any hand trimmed buds to see if the resins are damaged. There is no way I would use this machine if it was damaging my collective brethrens medicine. I am still a snooty pot snob myself and take great pride in what I produce. I do agree that the collectives are full of low grade medicine grown, trimmed, dried, and cured poorly. I wouldn't even doubt it if some of it is kiefed. But mine is A grade.

If you want to stop all the questions on how much crystal is lost Humbolt I would suggest trimming an lb by hand and another thru the machine right after cleaning and then use the trim from each pile to make some bubble hash and see if there is very much of a difference in yield of final products. I think only a comparison like that will make people who are afraid of trimming machines stop worrying.

Trim Scene

Free Shipping On Twisters To The Lower 48!!!

Free Shipping On Twisters To The Lower 48!!!

Trim Scene Solutions is celebrating one year in business and to thank all our customers we are now offering free shipping on Twisters to the lower 48!!! Just give us a call or shoot us an email to arrange to have the best industrial trimmer in the world shipped to you.
info@trimscene.com
707-923-9319
:party:

ROOTNEY88

TWISTER POWER

TWISTER POWER

I am looking into the twister, I was told the Trimmer is 110v and the vac is 220v,

When your running outdoor do you need the vac hooked up?

What is the draw on both, If i get a generator what is the min, required, is the vac a 220 twist plug or like the house ac unit,

Went by home d and they have a 6500 ridged good priced,

1/4 the price of the honda and has a 5 year warranty.

thankss in advance

Trim Scene

I am looking into the twister, I was told the Trimmer is 110v and the vac is 220v,

When your running outdoor do you need the vac hooked up?

What is the draw on both, If i get a generator what is the min, required, is the vac a 220 twist plug or like the house ac unit,

Went by home d and they have a 6500 ridged good priced,

1/4 the price of the honda and has a 5 year warranty.

thankss in advance

Hi Rootney,
The Trimmer is 120v and the vac is 220v.
You do want to use the vac at all times to get the closest possible trim.
The Twister draws 12 amps and the vac draws 9 but surges to 18 on start up. If running off an electrical panel you want the vac to run off a double 15 amp breaker. The vac is like a house hold 220 ac plug not the twist lock plug type.
The ridgid may be okay. I would go with the Honda EU6500 if you can. Sometimes those off brand generators do not produce the advertised power. You do not want to run this off an underpowered set up and risk blowing a vac or worse. Also be sure to not use an underpowered or too long of an extension cord.
Let us know if you have any other questions. We are here to help.

nomaad

Veteran
I bought a Generac on the advice of contractors. They run em all day, often at full capacity. I got the XP6500, which is the top of the line and the specific line that the people I talked to recommend. The lighter duty models will not do it for long term continuous use. They go for about 1600. Its at least 400$ less than a Honda. probably more. This is the only brand besides Honda that any of the people I talked to would recommend for heavy duty, continuous use.

nomaad

Veteran
hell no. only the XP line. One guy I talked to has 4 trucks. One on every truck. Switched from Hondas and gets less life, but better overall value for his dollar.

weednazi

Thanks for all the info HL. Great thread. I have reserved my Twister from Trim Scene and it should be ready for delivery by the end of Sept. I still have several concerns after reading every post.
1. Hay smell...this is the worst problem one could have. I have never wet trimmed and always thought that it along with a fast cure was the cause of most hay smell. Please alleviate this concern.

2. Drying racks. why are the hanging racks from TSS any better than a screen door or similar screen rack? And how may hanging racks are necessary per 10# (dry). I need to get prepped for drying if I am going to use this machine. How long on the drying racks?

3. What do you keep the environment like in you drying rack room. Temp and Humidity.

4. Are you still going to burp in TB's this year before Sealing.

Thanks again for sharing with us. I have been inspired more from seeing your grows online than visiting any gardens in person.

Dr.Know

You are going to love that new Twister Trimmer weednazi....it truly is revolutionizing my harvest this year.

I just got a bunch of those hanging drying racks and I don't like the whole process of laying my flowers flat to dry but it does conserve quite a bit of space versus the old fashioned way. I think the 4 tiered rack holds 1-2# dry.

ROOTNEY88

BACK ORDER

BACK ORDER

Just went to the local hydro store and they told me that the twisters are on national back order due to Customs not letting any trimming machine across the Border, I guess if you dont have them yet , we will be outta luck. Great time of year to have them held. Maybe box them in refrigerator boxes.

H

humboldtlocal

I thought I would drop a pic of my new 2010 Twister in here. Trim Scene has managed to be getting them in even with the seizures at the border.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hey Pico! How are you liking your Twister after owning it for a while? Have you heard any whinnying regarding the appearance of finished product?

bEasty

been a pleasure to read all the stuff you guys wrote in this thread. i barely can imagine what going down there in humbolt. but i would like to see once. the scissor holding people, those farms, the trim partys in the past (which are history now, thanks to twister :)) and the community as well. Would like to be a weed millionaire, but i know that's not an option (at least not in humbolt :)). Not even the point. But getting done a grow op like this would be a feeling like winning the olimpics.
I feel your succes Huboltlocal, and wish you a nice couple of good season from eastern europe :)

And one question:
In my country cannabis is growing everywhere, but its not an advantage as you probably think. These are eveil wild plants, pollinating all my precious little (they are getting bigger every year :)) girls.
As i saw on your pictures, you do not use any pollen mesh, in spite they dont get seedy, i cant see one in your buds. Is that becouse there are no male plants in your neighbourhood, or you are just superman in civil? :D

sorry about my english and keep up the good work

G

Goodkarma

trim from twister ,trimpro rotor etc.

trim from twister ,trimpro rotor etc.

What do you do with the trim?

Can you use it to make bubble?

weednazi

Help with twister cure needed.

Help with twister cure needed.

Humboldt Local... Bought one from Trim Scene after seeing your success last year with the machine. So far so good. I did a test run last week and it went well. My only concern is the curing process is much different than dry trim. On the test run I think it dried too long on the racks and lost a lot of the nose. I am about to pull the rest down and could use your advice on achieving the best cure with machine trimming.

thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest posts