What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

nomaad

Veteran
What do you do with the trim?

Can you use it to make bubble?

From what I understand, the trim from a twister is not suited to making bubble. I forget what the reasoning was... it can however be used to make oil and butter.

_Dude

400 posts and nobody has asked "how many" people, minimum, required to run this thing?

Can one person run this? Two? What? If one guy can do it, roughly how much weight could he run per hour? If two can do it, roughly how much weight could they run per hour? What can 4 do with it?
Never mind I read the PDF. Sounds like technically you just need an operator, but really need at least one other guy to cut/buck and feed you the proceeds. And like 5 people to keep it fed constantly.

I'm still curious to know if anyone's run them alone or with one other guy, and how much they could put through it in an hour.

The whole point for me, if I ever had enough to need one of these, it would be to cut out labor. Me and maybe one other guy.

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

Haven't ran the twister yet but have ran the rolling thunder with a 2 man crew.. With 4 large totes we filled 3 and left one empty for the trimmed output.. One man starts running it through the machine as ur last free tote is getting full.. The other man continues filling the bins as they empty. Eventually we're both back at filling the totes.. Took down a bit over 20 bows in 2 days.. No stepping out for lunch not bullshittin on the phone but we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. These where couple hour breaks, between eating a 3 course meal and smoking a couple J's :joint:

Some strains are way easier then others tho even when using a trim machine:tiphat:

samsaeng

When I first started lurking on the forums I promised my self I would never post any pics but after my experience today I feel like it is my god given duty to share these pics and my experience with the rest of the growing community. First a bit about my self because I never really introduced my self. I am born and raised here in Humboldt. And while I was not born unto a pot growing family I have been fortunate to learn from a great many master growers. I grew my first pound at 14 and haven't missed a harvest since. I came to these forums last year
do u spray the twister with oil to keep the resin from sticking to the machine or the roller?

Snype

Veteran
Still debating getting one of these for security reasons. It would be nice to trim 40 pounds in a couple of days with a few guys instead of over 10+ days. Wish I can find more info from more people using them.

harvestreview

the blades dont work without the vacuum and the vacuum does not trim without the blades. .

Yes, this is true. My point was just that technically, it's the vacuum doing the damage, not the blades. So if you used a different style of vacuum, your trim wouldn't be mulched. My buddy made his own cyclone vac and now the trim is usable. Maybe I'll show it to the Twister company and they can start offering it as an option. Or maybe I'll start selling it :)

mojoman

and this machine rocks...did what 4 folk( who couldn't keep up ) would do without the whining, crying, drama. etc that comes with many folk in your yard...needs attention to cleanliness, but if you keep it clean it will pay you back...;)))

mojo

R

Red Berry

Lol i said good tool not bad tool. got one in 2009. im thinking about setting up a 15 lather :) where people work year round.