What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trick my Pod - The complete Aeroponics primer

gmanwho

Veteran
okthanks2 said:
My friend's NFT/Sprayer table setup produces flowers that look 10 times better than those. He uses FloraNova and has never even owned anything to check the pH or TDS. :headbange Your leaves look like they are getting burned.

Ha. I gotta take a second here and think,i'm not sure whats more moronic, you posting that message. Or your " FRIEND " ,who does not use meters to gauge.

:joint:

okthanks2

uh yeah

uh yeah

It really doesn't take much to grow a weed.....really.....why don't you try to grow something a little more challenging like fruits and vegetables. Then whip out the plagiarism. Most nutrients are already perfectly balanced....why do you think people specialize in making them? Don't waste your money on gauges. Most times simple is better. :wave:

Even bothering to tell a troll you're not going to fall for it is more consideration than they deserve. Just pretend their posts don't exist.

Pod Racer

See, I never know how to respond to something like that. :fsu: What? Am I suppose to say, "Hey, you busted me...wow, your dick is huge! I'll never share an idea or start a thread again. You have saved us all! Thanks Hero!" ??? Is that it? I don't get what the point is or (more importantly) what result is expected.

But I'm hardly traumatized over it.

First point, it IS an NFT system, I think I made that clear in the beginning. I'm using mister nozzles, not foggers, to see if there is any noticeable difference in between the two. And low and behold, what did you point out for us, why Yes...there is. :nono: So you more or less supported my theory as well as completely capsized your own attempt to discredit my work.
They should look like the NFT nugs your boyfriend can grow - they're NFT nugs. :bashhead:

The damage you see is combination of being in the last few weeks of flower and my spraying for PM late in flower. I forgot using a Sulfur product and an Oil product will burn the leaves with a concentrated Sulfuric Acid.

However they are doing alright for a nearly neglected grow battling PM and sever neglect at times.

Most of this is Urkle and left over cuts I have no idea what they are, nothing that is a huge producer. The soil plants were a 1/3 this size.
But I ain't gonna bitch too much.

I am having a dickens of a time getting rid of the traces of PM right up in the buds themselves, however I am refraining from using anything other than diluted H202 at this point, and that only sparingly.

Ozone and H2O2 are my only allies at this point.

Oh, and I am still using the 200 mesh filter. I like that the best, the less you have going through your fogger nozzles the less chance of maintenance on your part. :yes:

Last edited:
Thanks for savin me money!!

Thanks for savin me money!!

Hey guys...long time no speak...
I´ve been so busy that not a lot of time on the setup. Im going back to school next week so gotta finish ALOT of stuff before that. No more drop out.

I tell you I am trully amazed on how people get lost on these forums...the whining, complaining, moaning and bitchin that some losers post...its incredible. They dont know what life is....poor bastards.

Look at this guy...okthanks...he registers an account just to post on this thread some technicality. okthanks you should start the ¨how i waste my and everybody's time on bullshit¨ thread and write who invented each type of growing system and who found its components right down to the screws, now that you have tons of time. Post with your usual account, if you have one, you aint got the ballz, show what you got, not that ¨my friend has...¨ crap. I really feel sorry for you, I cant imagine your lame life.

Man I wasted to much time on this loser.

Anyway back to biz

I´ve been doing some water runs and things look cool. I´ll post some pics soon.
The misting kicks ass! The way drops get stuck to your arm is wicked...

My root temp is getting high, the lights are emitting to much heat. Without the lights my temps stay around 70, with them on about 78. Im going to try out some mist cooling before I buy a chiller plus getting the lights cooler, I have a DIY idea ill execute soon, just have to buy the right sized fan, its real simple and cheap. I hope it works cause I aint got the cash for the chiller. If it does Pod you saved me 400 bucks.

One question
68F is the ideal temperature for roots, but what is the maximum temperature they can handle without hydroguard or similar? in a TAG grow of course

Pod and everyone
What do you think on this idea, I am planning on putting a pots bottom or a big pvc ring on the inside bottom of my grow tubs, underneath each plant. The idea is so that the roots actually find a limit and dont ¨wander¨ around. When I did soil, the plant would really start to grow when the roots found the bottom and spread. This created like a push effect and made the plant grow fast, it was if the plant felt it had found the support to step up. The ring should be right beneath the water line in the tub, and sealed at the bottom so roots concentrate inside. Dont know if im clear enough, what do you think?

okthanks please tell me if this has already been done, send me the thread... will ya! I aint got all week!

Peace from and for Colombia

I would start to get worried above 78 without HG or similar. Any reason you don't want to use it, or you just can't get HG where you're at?

okthanks2

wow

wow

pod: sorry for tearing your throne of greatness down. at least everyone can breathe the same air now. columbia: dude, lighten up....i've read every thread on this website, you're like a little school girl whining like that. all that i wanted to point out from the beginning is ONE SHOULD NOT TAKE so much f'ing credit for something that they did not invent, and act as though they invented it. Thats why plagiarism is outlawed. Is that so hard to understand? This isn't a contest to see who can get the most information they can find on the internet and then post it here so that they can feel great. Anyway, you're right, i'll quit wasting my time with you babies. :nono:

btw, anyone had any luck with the IceProbe? or is it a complete waste of money....

gmanwho

Veteran
Pod Racer said:
Oh, and I am still using the 200 mesh filter. I like that the best, the less you have going through your fogger nozzles the less chance of maintenance on your part. :yes:

thanks for the info , do you set it up before or after the pump?

B-safe

Last edited:

Pod Racer

gman- after the pump, you want to push through the line (using the pump's muscle) rather than suck it (which just generates noise).

As for the 78° issue - If your room temps are only 78 don't sweat it. Only if your root zone temps are that high. If so, try some evaporative cooling via a small fan to move air either over your res water or in the rig itself.

All Honesty I have run as high as 85° for weeks on end with never a sign of rot. My root temps are often 76-78 in that closet having the PM issue. That is why, way too much humidity (yes I have a DH) and the temps plummet after dark as my house is like 72° to offset the heat upstairs. (There is a separate A/C upstairs on 24/7 so mornings start around 60°)

There really is just too much O2 in the environment to allow for decay and anaerobic activity like breaking down of organic tissue. Anything above 80° in the root zone you are forcing an imbalance and the bacteria can't survive.

The Key you are seeing with the 'touch down' take off is that the Tap Roots once satisfied start to extend the laterals which cause the robust growth you see. You have the same effect when the taps hit the bottom of the TAG Pod as well. In the system I'm running right now there will be a mat of roots on the bottom at the end, whereas in a Pod with True Aero Nozzles and retaining res, there would be nothing as the taps are hardly necessary.

5976WondertwinRootZones.jpg

5976rootbubbles.jpg

But with as much aeration as a 50 psi system creates you are on the verge of running straight H202. :canabis:

A good example would be:

Here are some Lo Pressure, psuedo TAG NFT roots. Notice the long thick braids.

5976MediumlessNoContest.jpg

Now TAG roots, notice the delicate hairs:

5976BubbleBitchRoots.jpg

That is why we must cycle every 4-5 minutes, as in Aero the water uptake is achieved by the laterals as well, hence the accelerated growth.

I would go so far as to say that without having to devote resources to growing an enormously long tap root structure and pumping all the way to the leaf tips that the plant can allocate those resources to the plant's production and growth alone.

Also, the issue with root temps was initially a 'Tube' issue. The reason I created TAG was to correct that obvious design flaw (as I saw it) as it was the primary issue with 'aeroponics' back then - however it was actually a NFT system running under hot lights. An incubator for rot and bacteria.

Think about it: No room, No air movement, No respiration, Hot semi transparent PVC Tubes under 1000 Watt Heaters. Basically a Septic Tank. Like what did anyone think they would grow in those tubes? :bashhead:

A TAG pod is more like the inside of a lung - always moist and humid and always renewing the air and moisture every breath (or this case 3 minutes). Just like pneumonia exists everywhere, it is ubiquitous, it only gets a hold of someone when their health is compromised. Otherwise your body just keeps it at bay. Pythium is the same animal for the plant world.

An Iron Lung for your plants basically. The cooler temperatures just suit them better and the water holds even more O2, but evaporative cooling is based on fogger nozzles. So you are half the way there. :wink:

Last edited:
Any idea what the ideal root zone height is? I know it depends on how big your plants are but I'm just looking for a rough estimate for average sized plants. I'm probably only going to veg for 10-14 days, maybe less depending on how fast they grow. I'm aiming for somewhere around 18"-24" of air space between the bottom of lid, and the water in the bottom of the res, does that sound reasonable?

pumpkin2006

Pod, your plants are looking really good, aside from that MAJOR burning on the edges of your leaves (sarcasm), your obviously a very poor grower. :biglaugh:

Anyways, I was wondering if you run any silica through your systems, to help with the PM or bugs. Still think you should run co2, but we agree to disagree.

Pod Racer

And that is about as civil as anyone has ever put it pumpkin. :wink:

No, I haven't thought to run Silica - and Yes, I do need too. :bashhead:

I've just been so unmotivated the past month and burn out so I've not been doing shit to keep up with my grow. I think it is the heat, I'm not sure. lol

Anyhow, I'm getting my shit together slowly.

As for the root space, ...sounds about right. 18" to about 2 foot square would be just dandy for most gals.

I'd still like to rig a garbage can TAG Tree grower to see what I can throw...but they only need about the same volume as a 5 gallon bucket plus nozzles. :wink:

Deadic8d

idiots

idiots

this is for clarification to OKTHANKS2... IF YOU'VE READ EVERY POST IN THE FORUMS YOU SAW THIS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD ,..........

TAG is based on extenstive research I and other aeroponic enthusist have gained, tested and verified over the years. It is no longer considered to be 'new' or 'evolving' as most of all the kinks have been worked out. It is the goal of this thread to not only provide a central aeroponics forum for this sight, but also allow those interested to share how they have 'personalized' or 'enhanced' their aeropods to do so.

I believe that covers POD's so called plagiarism by saying "extensive research that I and others have done."
I also believe that "research" SAYS IT ALL!!!! That covers reading, testing, doing etc.

I really think that the forum admins need to activate a "delete post" for the thread starter so that we don't have to waste time and space (as extensive as it is) on these idiots that only have time to mess with other folks instead of helping with info, suggestions, or even questions. How many times does this have to go on before admins set something like that up. And if there already is...... Pod just delete the S.O.B. and be done with them.

And another thing OKTHANKS2, up yours about the iceprobe, spend YOUR MONEY asswhipe and find out for yourself. Rip up our thread and then ask for advice, more evidence of IDIOCY!!!

I for one, appreciate all that Pod has shared with us on this subject and hope that he will continue to do so. Thanks again for all you do Pod

Last edited:

Pod Racer

Damn, Thanks my man!
Now that is the kind of support I can get behind. :yes:

And Amen, I wish I could just hit the eject button on my pod and flush the nasty shit out into space, but unfortunately without adequate childcare available we are forced to endure someone's unruly brat.

However, on with the 'Research' right? And again, thanks all for the kind words, it is nice to know anyone appreciates all the hard work invested and shared here - for free I might add.

Now let's see some pods :yes:

Pod Racer

Professional Pothead - Don't try this at home!

Professional Pothead - Don't try this at home!

It isn't just about tricking my pod, everything can be tricked to the infinite - I've inadvertently created the most evil device on Earth I think. Well maybe the second after TAG. :wink:

Welcome, Vapor Jacking! :yoinks:

Now this is the Cadillac of Ass Kickers my fiends. A sweet ass water cooled bong hit combo'ed with an ultra pure vapor backer jacked right into the rolling chamber for a double packed whammy of Vapor AND the Strong Hit.
Move over Boiler Maker, its time to Vapor Jack. Double them up and you wont come back from Vapor Jack!

Damn, knocked me on my ass...giggling. :bashhead:

Not for the weak of heart. It will seriously take you higher than you've ever been before. All hail the gifts of the Ærocanna :sasmokin:

Last edited:

Pod Racer

Just an excuse to share my nugs

Just an excuse to share my nugs

Yeah, Save your money guys (and gals) and just stick to growing in dirt. :laughing:
Did someone say jiffy pop? :joint:

Pod Racer

Did someone say Inflatible TAG?

Did someone say Inflatible TAG?

:nono: What the F@#* :nono:

Yes Friends, The easiest TAG Pod Yet. Seats 32 comfortably and costs about $25 for the pool and only a few bucks for wood, adhesive and foam insulation.

Works like a freakin' charm.

Just like heaven. That last one shows you how nice the stalks get for taking clones, its like cutting up celery.

And some updated vanity shots of the other rig's buds.

Oh, yeah, you are so welcome. :wave:

Last edited:
creativity!!!

creativity!!!

He Pod,

Very nice stuff man!! Very KISS and cheap, your creativeness always amazes!
Sorry for not being around but Im in school and its taking all of my time, will post soon with my updates and doubts. This is just a quick reply to congrat :D your pool of bud.

I have some noob questions though...

Whats the blue stuff?? Is that the strain or some addon?
Please post pics of the pools guts.
On the Jack, the green cylinder makes vapor or fog? Anyways I imagine the potency on the hit :rasta:

Ill be back soon...

again very wicked, awesome.:headbange

CG