What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trick my Pod - The complete Aeroponics primer

BlindDate

Veteran
Hello Pod.....I know that you probably run enough misters to keep the pressure below the limit of the pump, but does the Flojet pump chugg if it has to cycle faster and slower? I mean if say you were not using so many misters and the pressure were to peak in a few seconds, would the pump transition smoothly?

Pod Racer

We have a winner

We have a winner

THough the psi is only 35, this little pump for $100 is going to do the job just swimmingly. I pvc'd it all in and turned her on, prrrrrrrrr... excellent microdroplet coverage (maybe not entirely True Aero, but close enough). Not too bad. :yes:

"4406 Model include an internal bypass to eliminate pulsating flow and switch chatter."

Nice, that is a cheap pump! We'll see how my shurflos do, but that could be a great alternative to use in an ez tag cloner. I'm running an eheim in my cloner right now and it's doing a good job but it's not tag, it was like $70.

On a related note I've been running my cloner pump 24/7 through veg because we haven't worked out the timing circuit yet, it's almost done though. What kind of problems should switching to 30/3 cure, or should I run a different timing cycle since it's not tag?

Last edited:

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
So would you be willing to put up a parts list for a small - medium system at the start of the thread?

brand names,etc?

Pod Racer

Any non-TAG aerogrow I'd still do at 1 on 4 off. Nothing longer or shorter.

Hey Rain, if you just breeze through the threads below you'll probably find everything you are looking for. Brand names and all. :wink:

Pod Racer

A perfect TAE (True Aero Environment) will see about 20% greater everything than anything else.

NFT with a 1 on 4 off is the next best thing before DWC. It is all a matter of how precise or picky you wish to be, what specifically is your goal.

Remember just because you reach an 'Ideal' environment to grow in does not necessarily translate into the 'ideal' environment for creating dank, potent bud.

Resin (THC) is a reaction to hostile environments and created to prepare for adverse conditions. So, there is something to say for a little stress and crisis to bring out the gold in everything. :wink:

I haven't gotten far enough along in my research to determine if longer dry cycles late in flower increase resin production or has no effect; its another fun project for the future. :bashhead:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone...nice to meet you.

Im building a TAG rig based on all your information and great research. I will participate on what I can. Its good news this thread is still active and I plan to keep it like this. i

Please visit my first thread and help me complete the rig, and some questions.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=63626

Peace from and for Colombia

Pod Racer

Excellent to have you join our little thread here CG, you bring a tear to my eye. Honestly, a real tear. I feel like I've made a difference and even more excited to watch the seeds of knowledge grow and prosper. Wicked Cool Mate. :yes:

Pod Racer

ok

ok: So what is your point? The Variable speed versions are superior, just about $200 plus. The slightly noisier, but cheaper version, just does an adequate job as well.

Last edited:

whereisbrianV.

OK- You should take into account Pod's past life's (Room2Grow @OG, Aerocanna) He was the first that I can recall to shell out the clams for one, and the VS is just added feature that reduces cycling. Hardly a break-trough but MUCH respect for Hound he has allways been a real cool laid back dude, you should take a page.

G

I think the NutBall used one first???

GroNut said:
My pump is a "smart pump" aquatec variable speed which means it will alter it's speed to maintain 50 psi at all times. This is not as easy as it sounds as I've encountered some problems. Sometimes it will kick on and settle in at 50 psi no prob and other times the pump will kick on, speed up then slow down to try and find a happy 50psi and it can't settle before the 30 second "on" cycle ends. My pump is a Aquatec 5502

http://www.aquatec.com/new/products.html Then click "specialty diaphram pumps" then click "smart pumps" and mine is the 50 psi model.

Pod Racer

Well, with the exception that GroNut was a pupil of mine, so...errr...who gives a fuck?

Truth is: As I can recall it, going back about (let's see) 3.5 years.... Using a Diaphragm pump was suggested as a possible pump for my rig by someone a long time ago on my first OG thread (As Room2Grow) called TAG - You're it! I believe where I introduced the topic of True Aeroponic Growing and the need for a pump that would generated at least 50 psi.

Back then I went through just about every version of booster pump, well pump, and submersible...much to the expense of my carpet and interiors. Thank Gia my place was built to withstand hurricanes. :nono:

Anyhow...It was I that did the lion's share of the research on Dia Pumps and published my results and initial experiments. I don't doubt someone else was, but truthfully I'm pretty sure I'm the one to bring it to OG full time and to promote the use of them in TAG. Surely didn't see it on this sight before I was invited to spawn an Aero scene over here.

So If I'm giving props its to PumpBiz.com and Dripworkusa as well as Biocontrol for educating me on Dia Pumps and the use of variable speed technology. I believe Greyhound was on my thread back in the old days, but like I said...that was like almost 4 years ago now....and ....honestly ...I don't give a shit. :laughing:

But getting back to business. Here is what my variable has been putting up for the 6th week of flowering. Not too shabby, but I need a stronger strain and more room for sure. Closet growing is for birds.

PS To tell you how long I've been using a Dia Pump...they don't make my model anymore in the A/C version I can find anywhere..and it was the leader back then. :fsu:

But hey, as long as the word is out and accurate its all good. :joint:

I miss GN, I wish he'd come back to us. :badday: And JAT. But these are trying times.

Speaking of heartier stock, does anyone have a really heavy, mildew resistant, strain they could suggest? A Sativa Dominant with a euphoric up high like the Bubbliscious and Skunk #1? We lost a lot of great information when we lost OG, not only my own bank of 1500 plus images but the Strain Guide (how invaluable now). Total Downer Man.

Last edited:

okthanks2

lol

lol

My friend's NFT/Sprayer table setup produces flowers that look 10 times better than those. He uses FloraNova and has never even owned anything to check the pH or TDS. :headbange Your leaves look like they are getting burned.

whereisbrianV.

BYE BYE ok.....thanks

BYE BYE ok.....thanks

okthanks2- I think your friends NFT table needs its own thread so you can post how sweet your friends rig is there :wave:

BTW, your trolling attempts are school yardish.

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey pod: Thank you for spreading the knowledge around. Very inspiring.

Ended up getting a shurflo 5.7. When time permitting, i will start by converting my 2nd rubbermaid 35 gal cloner/prevegger. Pump maybe abit big for now, but what the hell i said, i like the idea of expansion.

I already have green misters, so i will try them out first. I imagine these green misters is not optimum for TAG, but should be a huge increase in performance, instead of the 395 gph mag pump feeding them. Mags have poor pressure in my experience.

So with the retrofit in the near future. I ran across something i was not 100% sure on from your threads.

Are you still using the 200micron filter, or you prefer another size?

From the pictures i couldn't tell but, is your filter on the intake or pressure end of the plumbing? I would say intake end, but im not sure.

Thanks for the help.

B-safe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts