What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tri_Cho_Me's First Grow & Grow Diary

Fiddynut

Girls went to bed this morning at 8am (fell back an hour from 9am, with daylight saving). Little do they know, this will be a longer slumber than normal 'tonight'.

Can't wait to get this portion of the grow on the road. I can't wait to see my first pistils and my first trichomes. I want to touch them and taste them and smell them. Anxious to see what sort of weight I will get out of the two plants. I'm not even venturing guesses, because expectations are how you wind up disappointed.

I think overall, I just want to experience the feeling of consuming something that I put so much hard work and energy into. At this rate, a 9 week flower would put me into the second week of Janaury for a finishing time.

I can't wait to be beaming with joy from both pride and the THC :biggrin:

Tri_Cho_Me
Good morning Tri_Cho_Me.
It's funny I was just thinking yesterday morning and wondering if anyone resets their lights to reflect daylight savings time. I bet your girls enjoyed their first long night. The next few weeks your going to see them grow way faster than they have up to this point. Mine were growing 2" a day for a couple weeks there. As they stretch you should be able to fill that screen out. You will start seeing pistils popping out in a couple weeks or less. I think your expectations will change in a few weeks when your looking into your tent and seeing a bunch of big fat colas. Keep up the good work bud!

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 3 of Flower Update

Day 3 of Flower Update

Girls got a good drank last night and today look awesome. Look to be starting the stretch!

More exciting stuff to come!

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

And the race is on, now you gotta put a number on each bud to see which one wins,

Yep! Should be interesting. I have a second ScrOG net I might implement, will just have to see how tall they get and if I'll need it.

Thanks for stopping by again!

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 8 of Flower Update

Day 8 of Flower Update

Hey ya'll,

Hadn't been on in a while and wanted to get an update out there now that we're in flower. Feels so good to say that. I'm in flower ya'll!!

I have the light right around 20 inches from the top. The lowest it is supposed to be is 18 inches per Advanced Platinum. I figure since I'm in the stretch, 20 inches allows them to grow up into the light without negative effect.

The two 50 watts were an excellent idea and am glad we decided to go that route. I think with the scrog and the two additional bag seed experiments, the additional coverage was necessary. With the Advanced Platinum P450 and the two 50 watters, it puts me at 68 watts/sq ft.

The canopy is really starting to take shape.

Thought this was kind of a cool side view.

Stems of #1 on the left, and #2 on the right. Also bag seed in back.

Bonus canopy shot...you're welcome :biggrin:

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to comment or give tips or suggestions.

Tri_Cho_Me

Last edited:

pH_This

Hey ya'll,

Hadn't been on in a while and wanted to get an update out there now that we're in flower. Feels so good to say that. I'm in flower ya'll!!

I have the light right around 20 inches from the top. The lowest it is supposed to be is 18 inches per Advanced Platinum. I figure since I'm in the stretch, 20 inches allows them to grow up into the light without negative effect.

The two 50 watts were an excellent idea and am glad we decided to go that route. I think with the scrog and the two additional bag seed experiments, the additional coverage was necessary. With the Advanced Platinum P450 and the two 50 watters, it puts me at 68 watts/sq ft.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673007View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673009View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673008View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673010View Image

Tri_Cho_Me

HOLE-E-SHEET. They've gotten huge.

:groupwave:

Fiddynut

Hey ya'll,

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673007&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673009&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673008&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70251&pictureid=1673010&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Tri_Cho_Me
Looking good Tri_Cho_Me.
Your girls look great. You should start seeing pistils in the next couple weeks. You are in the middle of the most exciting phase of the plants growth. You have a couple more weeks of stretch and then they will slow down. You will see the buds develop. Your plants will start to test the oder controls you have in place. You will get an idea of how your pot is going to smell and taste. Your doing a great job. Keep up the updates and the good work.

Tri_Cho_Me

Looking good Tri_Cho_Me.
Your girls look great. You should start seeing pistils in the next couple weeks. You are in the middle of the most exciting phase of the plants growth. You have a couple more weeks of stretch and then they will slow down. You will see the buds develop. Your plants will start to test the oder controls you have in place. You will get an idea of how your pot is going to smell and taste. Your doing a great job. Keep up the updates and the good work.

Thanks man! I just noticed little pistils last night for the first time!

Super stoked! :tiphat:

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Yep it's like their first pubes. Very exciting stuff. How's that veg tent coming along?

It is up and running!!

I had an issue with my timer though. And the light for the cab is only a 2 foot, 4 bulb setup, so it leaves something to be desired in the 4x2x4 tent.

Thinking of getting a cheap LED to replace it. We'll see.

I have two of the four 10 gallon Smart Pots in there right now with a little bit of clover sprouting. Just turning the light on and off for now manually since the timer is out of commission.

Once a working timer is in house, I will plant the next round of seeds in the no-till environment. My organic mix of EWC, Ocean Forest and Happy Frog didn't last long, but it sure has done the trick. I am glad I was able to experience those products, but I have quickly moved on to no-till. What I view as the best medium out there. That's why I switched so quick. It was a no brainer!

Anyhow, I'll start a new grow diary once all that stuff gets sorted out and the seeds are sewn.

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

It is up and running!!

I had an issue with my timer though. And the light for the cab is only a 2 foot, 4 bulb setup, so it leaves something to be desired in the 4x2x4 tent.

Thinking of getting a cheap LED to replace it. We'll see.

I have two of the four 10 gallon Smart Pots in there right now with a little bit of clover sprouting. Just turning the light on and off for now manually since the timer is out of commission.

Once a working timer is in house, I will plant the next round of seeds in the no-till environment. My organic mix of EWC, Ocean Forest and Happy Frog didn't last long, but it sure has done the trick. I am glad I was able to experience those products, but I have quickly moved on to no-till. What I view as the best medium out there. That's why I switched so quick. It was a no brainer!

Anyhow, I'll start a new grow diary once all that stuff gets sorted out and the seeds are sewn.

Tri_Cho_Me
Sounds good Tri_Cho_Me.
I'm using a 4' 4 bulb t5 in my 2x4. It's working well. Last time I vegged under the 600w and I was worried that the t5 wouldn't be as good but it's working great. Supplemental LED or CFL would work well too. You should be able to get a new timer anywhere they sell Christmas decorations this time of year.

Are you going to start taking clones now? I took my first cuttings yesterday. Plenty of room in my 2x4 for the 3 girls and a humidity dome for clones and space to spare.

I'm very interested in how things go with your no till. I'm thinking of going that route soon and will be paying close attention to your next run. How was that build a soil place to work with. Did You have to put extra stuff in the soil they sent or is it ready to go out of the bag?

Tri_Cho_Me

Sounds good Tri_Cho_Me.
I'm using a 4' 4 bulb t5 in my 2x4. It's working well. Last time I vegged under the 600w and I was worried that the t5 wouldn't be as good but it's working great. Supplemental LED or CFL would work well too. You should be able to get a new timer anywhere they sell Christmas decorations this time of year.

Are you going to start taking clones now? I took my first cuttings yesterday. Plenty of room in my 2x4 for the 3 girls and a humidity dome for clones and space to spare.

I'm very interested in how things go with your no till. I'm thinking of going that route soon and will be paying close attention to your next run. How was that build a soil place to work with. Did You have to put extra stuff in the soil they sent or is it ready to go out of the bag?

Yea, I got the timer off Amazon, so they're sending me a new one. It's one of those that is a power strip as well.

I probably won't do clones or anything. Both tents are 2x4 and that's really all the room available for two 10 gallon Smart Pots. With four 10 galloners, I can have two plants vegging and two plants flowering at the same time, all the time.

Build-a-Soil was great to work with. Their website isn't the greatest, but they do a good job and their products are well priced and good quality. I bought a soil making kit for peat moss. With that kit, the only thing else you add is the peat moss, compost and pumice stone. I couldn't find pumice, so I got lava rock and threw out all the really big ones that came in the bag.

I'll be sure and update my signature with my first no-till grow diary. I'll make sure you find it :biggrin:

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

Yea, I got the timer off Amazon, so they're sending me a new one. It's one of those that is a power strip as well.

I probably won't do clones or anything. Both tents are 2x4 and that's really all the room available for two 10 gallon Smart Pots. With four 10 galloners, I can have two plants vegging and two plants flowering at the same time, all the time.

Build-a-Soil was great to work with. Their website isn't the greatest, but they do a good job and their products are well priced and good quality. I bought a soil making kit for peat moss. With that kit, the only thing else you add is the peat moss, compost and pumice stone. I couldn't find pumice, so I got lava rock and threw out all the really big ones that came in the bag.

I'll be sure and update my signature with my first no-till grow diary. I'll make sure you find it :biggrin:

Tri_Cho_Me
Sounds good bud.
You should be able to keep that flower tent full that way. A harvest every couple months should be plenty.
I'll be following along for the adventure. Keep it up.

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 15 of Flower Update

Day 15 of Flower Update

Thought I would pop in and drop a few pictures.

Things are looking awesome! Seeing more and more pistils everyday. The bag seed plants in the back have caught up with the rest of the canopy. Trying to thin a couple fan leaves so everyone has space and gets along nicely :biggrin:

Also, I just started my second grow over the weekend. My first go at no-till, and using Sour Diesel seeds. Can't wait. Tri_Cho_Me Goes No-Till

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

Thought I would pop in and drop a few pictures.

Things are looking awesome! Seeing more and more pistils everyday. The bag seed plants in the back have caught up with the rest of the canopy. Trying to thin a couple fan leaves so everyone has space and gets along nicely :biggrin:

Also, I just started my second grow over the weekend. My first go at no-till, and using Sour Diesel seeds. Can't wait. Tri_Cho_Me Goes No-Till

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70389&pictureid=1675507&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70389&pictureid=1675506&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70389&pictureid=1675508&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Tri_Cho_Me
Looking real nice bro! You have a green thumb for sure. I like the color of those leaves. Keep it up!

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 22 of Flower Update

Day 22 of Flower Update

Hey ya'll

We're on Day 22 of Flower and things are starting to frost up a bit. Especially the bag seed experiment on the right. Nice and sticky.
Smell is pretty much the same, nice and diesel.

Fed them Friday then hit them with plain distilled water Sunday. I keep upping the MaxiBloom, Molasses and Tiger Bloom a little each feeding. Seems to be going ok. No signs of anything negative. I am however, struggling with Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD). As soon as my lights come on the humidity starts to drop. Lights out my RH is in the 70's, and lights on its in the 40's. I have a humidifier in the room and keep a wet towel at the bottom of my tent where the air intake is. Any other thoughts to win this battle?

Other than that, just a couple pics to enlighten your minds and tickle your rods and cones. Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

Hey ya'll

We're on Day 22 of Flower and things are starting to frost up a bit. Especially the bag seed experiment on the right. Nice and sticky.
Smell is pretty much the same, nice and diesel.

Fed them Friday then hit them with plain distilled water Sunday. I keep upping the MaxiBloom, Molasses and Tiger Bloom a little each feeding. Seems to be going ok. No signs of anything negative. I am however, struggling with Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD). As soon as my lights come on the humidity starts to drop. Lights out my RH is in the 70's, and lights on its in the 40's. I have a humidifier in the room and keep a wet towel at the bottom of my tent where the air intake is. Any other thoughts to win this battle?

Other than that, just a couple pics to enlighten your minds and tickle your rods and cones. Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70534&pictureid=1678537&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70534&pictureid=1678536&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70534&pictureid=1678538&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70534&pictureid=1678539&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70534&pictureid=1678540&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Tri_Cho_Me
Good morning Tri_Cho_Me.
Those girls are looking great. Whatever you are doing your plants are loving you. Looks like your finding a good feeding schedule. I flipped to 12/12 about a week ago so I'm a couple weeks behind and looking forward to seeing the buds form and stack. Exciting times for sure.

I've been reading about VPD a bit the last few weeks and asking opinions as well. I've kind of come to the conclusion that unless you live in a perfect climate or have a sealed grow room it's not going to be easy to keep VPD optimal at all times. I've spoken with successful growers that grow in much lower humidity than optimal as far as the VPD charts show. I try to keep my humidity as close as possible but will always be on the dry side. I would have to basically keep my whole house at the humidity I want in my tents. I've also seen many recommend lower than optimal VPD during late flower. I got a little bud rot keeping humidity in the 50's% on my first grow and am going to get it a little lower on this next cycle. Not sure if this helps but I've decided to use VPD as a rough guide and take it into consideration but not to get too worried about it if I'm a little dry. I've seen great looking frosty buds that grew in dry climate and seemed to do just fine.