You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Tri_Cho_Me Goes No-Till

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Tri_Cho_Me Goes No-Till Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2016, 10:05 PM #1
Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enoughTri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enoughTri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enough
Tri_Cho_Me Goes No-Till - Sour Diesel

Hey ya'll,

Starting a new diary. This will be my second grow, however first with no-till practices.

You may have seen me around the forums, or from my other diary: Tri_Cho_Me's First Grow & Grow Diary.

I first stumbled upon no-till not that long ago. Shortly after I had already begun what I'm running now (Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Happy Frog). I immediately knew after reading up on it, that this was the way to go. Try and emulate Mother Nature. Duh! Then I found no-till individuals on Instagram and saw how their plants looked. All I can say is holy cow! The color and perkiness of the plants is undeniable. I had to give it a go.

So here we are today. I have already put in quite a bit of work on this prior. I have a thread going called Let Me Run My No-Till Plan By You. It goes through in detail what I used in my mix (build-a-soil), my failed adventure of a veg cabinet, and ultimately the purchase of a new veg TENT.

Ultimately, I will have four, 10 gallon Smart Pots going at all times. Two of the pots will be in my 4x2x4 veg tent. The other two will be in my flower tent, which is 4x2x7. This first round, two of the no-till pots will sit idle until the round currently in flower finishes.

Light currently is the leftover 2ft, 4 bulb T5 from the failed veg cabinet. I am upgrading though to a 300W LED for better coverage.

For my first grow I did Strawberry Kush. This round I wanted to lean more Sativa since the Kush is Indica. So I threw a couple Sour Diesel beans in a wet papertowel Friday night. By Sunday afternoon they were ready to go in the dirt. I put them in the corner a little bit, but not too far, the roots will still have plenty of room. I am hoping I can just cut off the base of the stem as close to the soil as I can get. Then cover it up and plent a seed in the opposite corner next round. Then a different corner the round after that, etc. I've heard of people digging up the majority of the root mass, and I have heard of people leaving it in letting the worms and soil bilogy to take care of it. I am going to try the latter.

Let the party begin!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tri_Cho_Me

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335174 Second Grow / No-Till / Sour Diesel

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331706 Current/First Grow - Strawberry Kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333484 My No-Till Adventure

Last edited by Tri_Cho_Me; 11-23-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Tri_Cho_Me is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:34 PM #2
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri_Cho_Me View Post
Hey ya'll,

Starting a new diary. This will be my second grow, however first with no-till practices.

You may have seen me around the forums, or from my other diary: Tri_Cho_Me's First Grow & Grow Diary.

I first stumbled upon no-till not that long ago. Shortly after I had already begun what I'm running now (Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Happy Frog). I immediately knew after reading up on it, that this was the way to go. Try and emulate Mother Nature. Duh! Then I found no-till individuals on Instagram and saw how their plants looked. All I can say is holy cow! The color and perkiness of the plants is undeniable. I had to give it a go.

So here we are today. I have already put in quite a bit of work on this prior. I have a thread going called Let Me Run My No-Till Plan By You. It goes through in detail what I used in my mix (build-a-soil), my failed adventure of a veg cabinet, and ultimately the purchase of a new veg TENT.

Ultimately, I will have four, 10 gallon Smart Pots going at all times. Two of the pots will be in my 4x2x4 veg tent. The other two will be in my flower tent, which is 4x2x7. This first round, two of the no-till pots will sit idle until the round currently in flower finishes.

Light currently is the leftover 2ft, 4 bulb T5 from the failed veg cabinet. I am upgrading though to a 300W LED for better coverage. Should be here this week!

For my first grow I did Strawberry Kush. This round I wanted to lean more Sativa since the Kush is Indica. So I threw a couple Sour Diesel beans in a wet papertowel Friday night. By Sunday afternoon they were ready to go in the dirt. I put them in the corner a little bit, but not too far, the roots will still have plenty of room. I am hoping I can just cut off the base of the stem as close to the soil as I can get. Then cover it up and plent a seed in the opposite corner next round. Then a different corner the round after that, etc. I've heard of people digging up the majority of the root mass, and I have heard of people leaving it in letting the worms and soil bilogy to take care of it. I am going to try the latter.

Let the party begin!

View Image View Image View Image

Thanks for stopping by!

Tri_Cho_Me
Nice work Tri_Cho_Me.
I'll be paying attention to this grow closely since I'm planing on going in a similar direction. I've been reading a lot over the weekend about organic high brix growing and it sounds great. Having never been a gardener I was very intimidated at first with organics. I thought they would be more complicated but the more I read the more it seems simpler.
I hope this method goes well for you. If your currant grow is any gauge I think you'll rock it.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 PM #3
Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enoughTri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enoughTri_Cho_Me will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Nice work Tri_Cho_Me.
I'll be paying attention to this grow closely since I'm planing on going in a similar direction. I've been reading a lot over the weekend about organic high brix growing and it sounds great. Having never been a gardener I was very intimidated at first with organics. I thought they would be more complicated but the more I read the more it seems simpler.
I hope this method goes well for you. If your currant grow is any gauge I think you'll rock it.
Thanks man! I appreciate you following along and keeping it positive and encouraging.

Tri_Cho_Me

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335174 Second Grow / No-Till / Sour Diesel

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331706 Current/First Grow - Strawberry Kush

Old 11-21-2016, 11:48 PM #4
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri_Cho_Me View Post
Thanks man! I appreciate you following along and keeping it positive and encouraging.

Tri_Cho_Me
Learning, sharing and keeping it positive is why I'm on icmag.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:57 PM #5
liftedinny

liftedinny has a spectacular aura aboutliftedinny has a spectacular aura aboutliftedinny has a spectacular aura aboutliftedinny has a spectacular aura about
Where are the sour d seeds from
liftedinny is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 PM #6
Tri_Cho_Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedinny View Post
Purchased the Sour Diesel and Strawberry Kush through ILGM.

Just received an additional order from Nirvana. Should have lots of fun with some of those. Jack Herer was the freebie offer. Have 5 of those to pop eventually.

Tri_Cho_Me

Last edited by ganja_hasi; 11-24-2016 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: link removed. please revisit the Terms Of Use of the site.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:25 AM #7
pH_This

pH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the roughpH_This is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedinny View Post
Have you grown Sour D before? Hopefully it's worth it.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:11 AM #8
3rdEye
Alchemical Botanist

3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light
Nice to see more organic no-till gardens. May your plants be healthy.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:53 PM #9
Tri_Cho_Me

Update!

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves with friends and family.

Just a quick update. The two Sour Diesel seedlings are looking good. Pretty easy so far. Just watering with a dropper once a day.

The new LED came in from Mars Hydro. Fills the 4x2 space perfectly.

Enjoy!

November 22

November 26

Tri_Cho_Me

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:49 AM #10
gettinbetter

gettinbetter is on a distinguished road
Looks good man. Organic is sweet!
gettinbetter is offline Quote