What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trapped in a Closet! 800 watts of Flo, NYCD and Thai Stick Sativas!

M

mrred

Im sorta lucky here in NE under 1 pound isnt a felony so i'll never get close to that with my 250hps,

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MR: i dont know, if you veg them for a bit, do a sog, dial it in, have a productive strain, u could possibly pull an elbow from a 250. That'd be like 1.5+ grams per watt but it's possible with some veg and a sog.
what do we need with a pound, you say? well, id give half to my friend (who would think im the bomb) and use my half for cooking and hashmaking. :rasta:

Closet update:
showing the top 1/4 of some of the plants in the two tubs that have been in 12/12 for 47 days.
ill harvest these two tubs in the next two weeks, one at 54 days and one at 61 days. trichs are cloudy/clear, no amber as of yet.

I also harvest tub #3 today but forgot to take pictures of the haul. will have them later this week. it wasnt much, this tub was overnuted from the start, but the buds are sticky and dense. :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

Was gifted a generous selection of genetics recently! Christmas came early. :joint:
Here they are: Mrs Owreck (a trainwreck cross), Black Shark (white shark f2's i believe), Who's Your Daddy? (gotta love that name; must be a mystery mix, those can yield the best stuff sometimes), Northern Lights x White Russian (my first choice to pop because it's two legendary strains), Buzziva (dont know whats in it, sounds sativa dom), Gel (also a mystery, sounds intriguing), and Mrs. Strawberry O'wreck (a strawberry cough and trainwreck cross im thinking).
I think i'll never have to buy seeds again. :rasta: i could spend a lifetime sifting through the dank phenos in just this selection alone.

im gonna pop two more super stars, then a few of JLP's SDOG f2's, then the NLxWR's above. Sounds like a good plan, doesnt it? :rasta:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

Just harvest another tub of flo today: this was a tub that i DIDNT overnute, so the buds are decent. This is off of 3 clones.

here's the flo buds that were overnuted, dried for a week and bagged already. they shrunk a lot and lost a lot of weight. :violin: so my yield SUCKS but im working on that: not overnuting and using 8-10 clones instead of just 3 will improve my yield a LOT.
still, as sad as this harvest is, for only being just dried these buds are nicely potent. I took one medium size bong hit earlier and ive been 'in a good mood' for hours. :rasta:

there's more on the horizon: popping super star and JLP's SDOG. and future runs of nycd and thai stick: i have a thai clone ready to go (the one i tried to put in a few weeks ago died because it wasnt rooted sufficiently) and my nycd moms are big enough to take clones off of (ill wait till they bush out more, i want to take like 10 clones at once - need a min of 8-10 to fill out a tub). :rasta:

rootfingers

Nice, you are gonna learn some things every time you do a run but you really see the results by bringing them to harvest. Good work on those flow Babba!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
RF: thanks for the words of support! btw, ive popped the last two superstars: both germed and are in plastic cups of an mg organic topsoil/perlite/blood and bone meal mix. The one other super star ive repotted in a plastic cup of the same mix.
hopefully ill get these stars well into seedling stage and then vegging so i can take some clones, sex them, then flower some more clones.

here's flo buds from a tub that I DIDNT overnute. off of three clones. dried in 4 days.

stapler for scale.

bagged in quart size ziplocs. one for my buddy, one for me. :joint:

stapler for scale. i expect my next runs of flo to be 3 times the harvest since ill be using more clones, trimming for single cola, maybe using phosphoload. the nycd is just about ready for clones, a thai stick is in the closet and already stretching, and superstar will hopefully be in the mix soon... :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
well, when they're put into the 12/12 closet as clones (3-4 inches tall), they usually finish about 2 feet tall. im thinking they're gonna stretch more though when i start trimming the undergrowth; they usually do that when you trim all the lower branches...
:joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for the info! very useful chart. now i know i should keep my lights at least 5 inches from my plants :joint:
when i meant trim them, i meant trim the UNDERGROWTH: the side branches and lower branches, leaving the main cola intact so the bud growth on the main cola gets thick and filled in. a single cola is recommended if you're running a sog; it helps with yield. you'll get more buds by just concentrating on one cola than several, so they say.

:rasta:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I saw the nat geo mj show . pretty entertaining. the guy in canada with the warehouse full of plants, that was pretty impressive. Im thinking he's running at least 10K, maybe even 20-30k. i know he had more than one room, and each room had multiple lights. those trees were impressive: way taller than a man. im thinking for harvest time he's got to have strippers or an aardvark, or else have like 10 friends help him trim. and he would need a full size washing machine to bubble all that trim. :joint: funny thing is he says he only grows for himself and 2 other patients! canada must not have a plant limit. Did he say he turned the buds into butter (as in cannabutter) or budder (pure thc resin)?
im thinking it's cannabutter because he said he made it into treats, and showed a plate full of cookies and sweets, but the butter he showed was pure yellow, with no greenish tint like my cannabutter has. Maybe he makes budder and cooks with that? he had a plastic container full of it, so it's possible that could be the thc from dozens of pounds of buds...

Update on the closet: no pics but hope to take some later this week. but there's a tub of thai stick and flo in the closet. took some nycd cuts and once those are rooted will be putting a tub of nycd in the closet. then the fourth tub will be either nycd or flo again. the thai stick has a screen on it and it's stretching, growing like a few inches a day it seems. once it gets a foot above the screen ill throw a little bit of phosphoload into the tub to stop the stretch and induce bud growth.
i also have a super star seedling that's vegging out. the super star was gifted to me by a generous forum member (much respect). whether female or male, ill make sure of it :rasta: after the super star ill probably pop the black domina cross i was gifted by another icmagger (much respect also). isnt icmag grand? :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

shot of my humidome. got 10 nycd cuts cloning, along with a few others.

my lone surviving Super Star. male or female, it's getting used. :rasta:

tub of flo clones. theres only 4 in there but im putting 6 more in, tonite or tomorrow nite. really gotta fill out the canopy from now on...

1 thai stick sativa in a scrog. hard to tell size but those tops are close to 2 feet above the screen. this beast grows multiple inches per day. gonna get the phosphoload soon.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

An idea from a fellow icmagger: im using pink foam insulation board to hold my clones in place in the netpots. works very well, so far. i think, because there's no hydroton filling up the space, the roots may even grow faster...

added 6 more clones to the tub, 10 total. only ran 3 last time and still got two quart size bags full. i need to maximize my output if im going to do some hash runs...

Check out this avatar made by a poster from the midwest growers forum: :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update on the closet:

10 flo clones in a tub. the bigger ones are around 2 weeks ahead of the others.

side view of that tub. i hope that they stretch to 2 feet, which is about where they finished before.

good ol' thai stick. branches are about 2 feet above the screen, maybe more. hit with phosphoload (maybe a bit less than 1ml per gallon) around two weeks ago and that stopped the stretch in its tracks, otherwise this thing would be 4 feet by now. the -load induced budding, too. already this thing has as many buds as my earlier thai stick did after 5 months. hopefully this thing fills out with some electric buds.... :rasta:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
SMOKE REPORT:

Got a little taste of some Schrom from a fellow icmagger the other day. :joint:

I received two samples, perhaps a 1 gram or a little more of each. The two samples were both Schrom, except one was grown in a Phototron (a vertical grow chamber lined with flouros) and was chopped on 12/10 and one was grown under a 1k and chopped on 12/15. I believe they were grown DWC with DM nutes.

SMELL: Both samples smelled VERY strong. Just a really powerful pure marijuana smell with hints of pine/hay. As soon as i cut open the package I smelled it and it was sealed in a prescription bottle, in a baggie and 3 layers of saranwrap. Strong, strong smell, just reeks of dank bud.

TASTE: Taste was nondescript, just tasted like dank weed, not fruity or lemony. It had notes of chem/diesel in the aftertaste.

APPEARANCE: Tight, lime green nuggets with orange hairs. Covered in large crystals. Very dense. Resinous when broken up, more oily than sticky to the touch.

SMOKE: The high is 90% in the head. Very powerful stuff; you can really just sit and think about something for a while after a hit. I wouldn't say it dumbs you down, but it definitely makes you more deliberate in your actions.
Creeper, takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to really hit you. Long-lasting too, a good hit easily keeps me going for 3.5-4.5 hours.
The tron-grown stuff seemed to me a bit more potent than the 1k stuff, but that may be due to the fact that it may have had 5 more days curing.

OVERALL: It's kind of funny but it really reminds me of the Flo ive been growing, except better. Especially in the type of high: the Flo is very heady stuff, and a creeper too. The Flo doesn't smell this dank though, more piney than dank.
Overall, I would give these samples a 9 OUT OF 10 on my scale. Even if others would rate this differently than me, they would still acknowledge this is well-grown weed.
My Flo i would rate a 7.5/10 on the same scale, maybe an 8 but that's optimistic; the Schrom is noticeably more potent.
This is weed that could probably be sold for $70 an eighth in the Chicago area. Usually the dank stuff (one hit and you're high) goes for 60 an eighth; real connoiseur stuff for 70 but few people sell it for that much cause 60 an eighth is already so high you'd have to be damn well sure your stuff is good before you go asking for 70. :joint:
Theres a lot of people that refuse to pay that much for weed and think anyone who does is crazy, and i understand, but that's the growing rate for dank around here and even in California you're going to pay 60-80 an eighth at the clubs for the good stuff. If you dont grow or dont have any inside connections then you have to pay the going rate for dank and it's 60 an eighth and up.
So basically, what im saying is that this Schrom was primo stuff and i like to judge things by how much i USED to pay for them (fore i started growing) and sad to say ive bought some 70 dollar eighths before and usually they're noticeably better and this stuff would qualify, i could buy this for 70 an eighth (i mean, if i didnt grow) and i wouldnt feel cheated.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

This is a little project i worked on over the weekend: a colloidal silver generator. this is two silver wires sticking out of styrofoam shoved into the mouth of a jar of distilled water.

shot of the water

u can see the silver wires in the water.

Five hours later you get this.

the wire looks tarnished/dirty where it was submerged into the water.

Looking to self some seeds, maybe one clone out of every batch. im not gonna harvest the pollen, just leave it in there and hope i dont get too many seeds. it's not breezy in there, i have a circulating fan but its higher up (sucks cause it doesnt really move the branches, but that's fine with me i can always prop them up when they get too heavy).

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
UPDATE ON THE CLOSET:

These shots are almost a week old. This tub is not quite right, some of the clones were flowering when put in (ive since corrected that by covering up my light leaks), overnuted as well (GH Flora series is strong, strong stuff). Gonna get some decent bud off this but future runs will be a lot better. :rasta:

Shots of the Thai stick. It's budding out thanks to the phosphoload but the buds are still light and airy and not really filled in. <sigh> This will probably be the last time i run it unless it turns out to be really incredible smoke. Somehow i doubt it's going to be any better than a modern day hybrid; it's not even that resiny yet.
It was also light burned so i had to raise the light. It really is that yellow, unfortunately... this is why people shouldnt mess with landrace sativas indoors... :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im getting used to the new look, i kinda like it. variety is good.
took a min to find out where my gallery went. thought upload pics wasnt working but it does, thats good.

37555IMG_1953-med.JPG

my newest tub of flo (maybe a few nycds in there too). clones are yellowing. N deficiency? i think so. added some more floramicro. hope they prosper. still cant get it dialed in...

37555IMG_1954-med.JPG

this tub of flo clones has been in for some weeks. not thriving either, although i will get some good smoke from it, just not as much as i should. spots maybe a mg deficiency? added some epsom salts. i think the prob with this tub was that the clones were flowering when put in, so stretch was minimal. lightproofed my room since then so hopefully clones will still be in veg when put in the closet.

37555IMG_1956-med.JPG

the thai stick. the phosphoload is really working, getting some actual buddage now, not that you can see it. leaves are yellow because of light burn but also because it needed nutes, so put some more in - not too much cause it stretches when it gets a shot of nutes.

37555IMG_1957-med.JPG

my poor single Super Star in soil. not thriving, but not dying either. did the fact my room wasnt lightproofed affect it (it sits under flouros but when it was daylight the room got brighter so maybe it thought it was on some weird 12/12 cycle where the night was only a little less bright than the day)? im rambling here. hope it makes it, it was a gift from a fellow icmagger.

37555IMG_1960-med.JPG

10 nycd clones rooting. im still working out the kinks in cloning, sometimes i can get them to root in a week, sometimes it takes 2 weeks or more. sigh.

37555IMG_1961-med.JPG

one of my sdog f2 seedlings. i need to repot these, bury them up to their necks, but my bag of soil is buried under 2 feet of snow and ice. i have friends in the SW where its hit 80 this past week. did i tell you there's an icicle taller than me hanging off my roof? yeah, its been that kind of week.

murda, murda...
3755540574200x200_Avatar.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts