What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trapped in a Closet! 800 watts of Flo, NYCD and Thai Stick Sativas!

Asil

Nice grow.

Nice grow.

THought I would stop by and take a look. I can't wait till I can start to have a perpetual grow. I think I have the timing figured out. That NYCD looks so good. It may be added to my list of seeds to order. Well of to go raise my light and to work have a great day.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is my first attempt at a pf tek shroom grow. I dont think it's going so good. On a brighter side, I think the clear slime is back in my bubble tubs. :wallbash: Yes, that was sarcasm.
Might be moving to organic soil in 3 gallon pots, no perpetual, veg for a month and flower for two. Advantages: better taste, smell. Also confers upon me greater ability to do new seed runs. Can probably do a seed run with every cycle. I owe a couple icmaggers a seed run or two... :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Been having res issues so I did a quick switchup to a soil grow, as organic as possible.
Soil mix is (approx): 25% reused MG soil, 50% mushroom compost/manure compost/peat, and 25% perlite/vermiculite. Amended with garden lime, blood meal, bone meal, earthworm castings.
These are 3 gallon pots.

picture.php

Transplanted my NYCD and Flo clones from the tubs into the soil. They're in a bit of a transplant shock but they should pull through. I'm keeping the 400's a good 2-3 feet away, to not stress them. Also, temps have been good, under 80.

picture.php

The five big ones are the SDOGs I've been vegging out. They were severely rootbound so they should enjoy the extra room. :rasta: I cracked 6 seeds, all 6 germed, I lost one because it was a runt and I took a clone from it. What if that one turned out to be the keeper? Oh well, I think I'll still find some decent phenos with the five I have left. Maybe I'll get some pollen...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Leftover cannabutter. 3 more cups. I didnt strain the cooked bud out of it, so its got all this green shiznit all over. Can't really taste or feel it, but still not very appetizing to look at and it definitely makes the resulting food look more green :joint: Next time I'll be better and strain it like I usually do...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update:

picture.php

NYCD clone, vegging (barely) under flouros.

picture.php

This clone was initially rooted in an Oasis Rootcube under a humidome, then put in a netcup and into the bubble tub. There's an EZ cloner neoprene collar around the stem, to hold it in place and also to prevent light leaks.

picture.php

Flo and NYCD clones vegging under an MH on one side of the closet.

picture.php

SDOG's and a Flo clone (the smaller one) vegging under an HPS on the other side of the closet. :joint:

There was a week or two of transplant shock (I hope to solve that in the future) but now they're growing well, especially the SDOGs.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
TRIP REPORT:
I received a beautiful dry white mushroom from Philcuisine a while back. I'm sorry I didn't take a pic of it first.
I ate it on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. The taste wasn't bad; it didn't really taste like anything, more like dry vegetable matter than anything else.
I sat back and waited for the effects. Unfortunately, I got caught up in an unedited showing of "Saving Private Ryan" on cable; awesome move, but the stark violence is probably not conducive to shrooming. I did feel a warm, happy glow about an hour in that lasted for 2-3 hours; it was sort of like an mj buzz in that i was relaxed and content.
Well, this taste just whet my appetite for more:

picture.php

Wild bird seed soaked, simmered and rinsed. Ready for the pressure cooker.

picture.php

A syringe of PC Kreeper from thehawkseye . com

picture.php

Inoculated jars.

Thank you to Philcuisine for the intro into the wonderful world of psilocybin!

Weedninja

Watch out for those creepers. The potency with each flush is all over the place. They're the reason why I don't shroom anymore. They are good colonizers and fruiters, though.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Weedninja: Thanks for the advice. I planned on making them into tea or grinding them up and mixing them into chocolates. I figure mixing a batch like that would even out the potency, would you agree?

Update on the jars: Nothing to note as of yet, don't really see any colonization going on. The place I have them in is probably 75 degrees; should i get them somewhere warmer to speed up colonization?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update:

picture.php

One of the jars yesterday...

picture.php

Same jar today. WBS colonizes fast! Go, go, go!
The other jars are lagging behind but I'm definitely seeing some white in them also. :rasta:

picture.php

Picture of the tops of the jars. I have a double layer coffee filter, and a bandaid over the inoculation hole, so hopefully there's good air exchange....

Weedninja

Weedninja: Thanks for the advice. I planned on making them into tea or grinding them up and mixing them into chocolates. I figure mixing a batch like that would even out the potency, would you agree?
Shroom tea hits harder than just eating mushrooms, so you should probably wait on that one. The trick is to start out with a small dose and see what that does. Remember that you've only touched the tip of the iceberg with mushrooms and a large dose can be scary.
Update on the jars: Nothing to note as of yet, don't really see any colonization going on. The place I have them in is probably 75 degrees; should i get them somewhere warmer to speed up colonization?
75 should be ok. Have you been to the new mushroom forum on this site? Brother Bear posted some good stuff and those guys can help you out better than I can.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ninja: yeah, I've heard that shroom tea can hit you within 20 minutes. I know I should approach shrooming cautiously until i get more experience with it; dont want to start off with total destruction of the ego right away. :rasta:
I have my own thread on the shroom forum, and several icmaggers there have been helping me tremendously.

Update:

4/5 of my SDOG's have balls. :drum: What can you do, ya know? At least I'll have plenty of pollen to harvest...

picture.php

Making a batch of compost tea (manure compost, kelp meal tied in some cheesecloth, 1TB of molasses in the water, two airstones in the bucket). I made some compost tea with worm castings a couple weeks ago, since then i dont see quite as many fungus gnats around my dirt, those bastards.

picture.php

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

I have a gallon size glass jar filled halfway with 'Simple Green' cleaning solution, only $8 per gallon at Sams club...

picture.php

I put my bowls, glass screens, diffusers and even my ashcatcher in the solution. 24 hours later, pull it out, rinse it with warm water, it's as clean as new.
The actual bong is still a bit dirty, lol, but the ashcatcher gets the worst of it...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

The closet today. Everything's flowering. Harvested a little bit of pollen from the cuttings i took off my SDOG males.

picture.php

The Flo in the foreground is the fastest maturing, already starting to form a cola...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

The Flo is filling in nicely at 27 days 12/12. It's finishing faster than the others. In two weeks she'll have nice, frosty buds...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Update on the closet. The lone SDOG in the back is kind of sparse looking, it was severely rootbound before I transplanted and flowered, hopefully it'll still yield good smoke. I took clones so hopefully the next run will look more filled out and heavier...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Flo bud under HPS. Close to maturity. Checked the trichs with a radio shack microscope, still mostly clear, maybe another week or two?

picture.php

Seven Sdog clones in an Aerogarden.

picture.php

The Sdog clones about two weeks later. They've all sprouted roots. I threw some GH Lucas formula in the res and now they're vegging vigorously. I need to move these to a bubble tub soon else the roots get entangled with each other...

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
hey now bababooey. howard stern rules!

interesting thread, looks like it should be a nice harvest this time around. are you going back to hydro for the next grow?

enjoy those flo nuggets they look tasty. keep us updated

M

mrred

looking good, how are you like soil so far? im doing mostly growing with organic soil now i like not bothering with ph and its reuseable

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

im gonna pull up a chair if you dont mind my fellow football brother....