What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trapped in a Closet! 800 watts of Flo, NYCD and Thai Stick Sativas!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The NYCD tub I vegged for 3 weeks, still chugging along. Maybe halfway done by now? Month to go or a little longer, I'm thinking...

picture.php

Starting to see actual green buds now. Im hoping the bigger they get, the faster they grow...

picture.php

picture.php

Put 5 TB of Florasweet in the 15 gallon res a couple night ago. Never used a carb product before...well, I did put some a TB or two of blackstrap in my last bubble tub run, dont think it made any difference, hopefully Florasweet, since it's made for hydro, is more effective.

Put 5 TB of Florasweet in the 15 gallon res a couple night ago. Never used a carb product before...well, I did put some a TB or two of blackstrap in my last bubble tub run, dont think it made any difference, hopefully Florasweet, since it's made for hydro, is more effective.

Standaman

Wow man! You have a tidy old set up there Bababooey.
That is something i'd wish to emulate myself 8oz's off one plant!?
I'd be happy with 2!! I would literally shit my pants if i pulled more than that.
The perpetual harvest sounds kind of cool too but i guess if i'm only growing a single plant at a time that won't work for me.
As i'm a newbie i will just absorb all these great tips and then hopefully i will feel ready to buy the rest of my stuff.
Keep up the good work though and i will be watching!!
Cheers

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Standaman: sorry, i think i was misunderstood. The big tub is four plants in one tub. I think the bug tub might yield 8oz dry, but it sure is taking its sweet time it seems like. The buds arent swelling as fast as i thought they would. I think Flo was a better yielder than this and Flo lacked fatness in the colas. Or maybe I'm lacking in a critical factor, not enough to say im not doing fairly well, just enough to say i could be doing a lot better. Maybe I need more light, better ventilation, some co2, you know?

picture.php

picture.php

My Aerogarden, in two weeks, rooted 2 out of seven clones. The ones that rooted rooted very well, very transplantable roots. The ones that didnt didnt even have any nubs going.
I think this may be due to too much light. The two that rooted were furthest from the one light bulb (the aerogarden fits two). So maybe if i reduce light even more, dont use the aerogarden light and put a lower wattage cfl lamp over them, light will be lowered enough that they'll all root.
Or maybe I put too much nutes in there. I put a few drops of gh lucas formula and maybe i should cut the nutes entirely, at least until they pop some good roots.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Hey man here is a aero mix i use to clone. 2.5 ml protekt per gallon 2.5ml KLN per gallon and 2.5 ml of Mad Farmer NUTS. Usually all my plants root in a week to two weeks and also my fluoros are like 2 inches above my cloner. Water temp can also play a part in slow rooting. If your water is too warm freeze a couple water bottles and swap them out every day. Great thread man. Tagged.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Chubby: Thanks for the advice! I checked out your thread, posted and repped you. :rasta: I dont quite know what protekt and KLN are; I did a search for Mad Farmer and found they are a line of nutes...
I'll give the aerogarden another run pretty soon, throw up some cheesecloth to shade the clones a bit and cut out the nutes and see how that goes...

picture.php

Two out of ten peat pucks showed roots in about 9 days. Still waiting on the others, but I have high hopes. When I got the peat pucks going right (that is, when I dont kill them right away lol) I usually get a good 80% success rate...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Pic of a nycd bud in a tub that wasnt hit by phosphoload. They're under an MH which is why they dont look so yellow.

picture.php

Pic of a nycd tub in the phospholoaded tub. I think phosphoload makes buds look not as pretty. Or maybe its because of the hps....

I

idoreallytry

nice grow i am going to have to try nycd at some point when i was in the dam i missed it,,, thx for your advice,,,peace bro

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
IDoReally: thanks for stopping by. I'm eager to try the smoke myself, like I said the last harvest was fully seeded so it was NOT a good representation.

Update:

picture.php

Got a bunch of SDOG, Flo and NYCD cuts in the aerogarden. Some of the holes have 4 cuts in them. Trying to see if they'll still root well; i'm going to need a good 16-20 clones at a time for each cycle...

picture.php

Taped up some cheesecloth over the one flouro in the aerogarden, in order to cut the light a bit. Last time i ran the garden, the only cuts that rooted within 2 weeks were the ones furthest away from the light, so I'm thinking too much light = no roots...

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
That cfl shouldnt be too much light unless it is dumping out lots of heat on the clone canopy. Maybe toss in a couple ice cubes to keep a cold water res.

I

idoreallytry

hey Baba would've stopped sooner but i guess i just never pay attention sometimes too the siganatures and shit,,,peace

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Chubby: Thanks for the advice. The cuttings seem to be doing well, so I'm hoping its more of a light issue. I know in my last humidome run, the only two cuttings that rooted were furthest from the light, so im thinking lately its been a light intensity issue, but I know res temps are real important too...

IdoReally: Thanks for stopping by! Not too much going on now, the nycd's look like they have another 3-4 weeks to go. Not a moment too soon, either...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Look what I found at walmart: 10 lb bags of earthworm castings, $4. Bought two of them. Gonna do some pots of organic soil, EWC is always a recommended component. Glad I got em, I kept looking and looking, finally found the suckers. They better be the shit...

picture.php

Here's what they look like. Ive never seen worm castings before (well, except in the ground, can always tell where the worms pooped haha). Just like soft, rich earth. It's not much either, just 20lbs, which even when part of a mix wont fill up too many pots...

hazy

Veteran
I show up on page one, and it gets lost on my fav list. I'll start by answering your question from back on page 1.

I have three dogs Bababooey. I put the dogs in the house if i find a snake till i get rid if it. And I think once my bulldog was bitten, big ol swelled head and all. Yeah those coontails will scare the crap out of you.
I had 7 females from my nycd f2s from annaC. And 7 different looking plants. One was a short indica pheno, with pink tinted trichomes. Too bad I only got one to clone. I was just learning to clone then. Some were super frosty with nice fat buds. A couple were runaway never-ending foxtaily sativa buds.
The one I have is so strong smelling that my filters cannot handle it. I'm probably going to get rid of it because it's too damn stinky. Well, it's wonderful, but, well you know.
So how's that NYCD of yours smell?

I see you're getting a good seed collection going.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by hazy, long time no see. :rasta:
You know, the nycd's dont smell too bad. I think it's because the big tub, I threw in some phosphoload. I hear the 'load will reduce flavor and smell; they certainly look less frosty than the plants in the other tubs.
The smell is a general weed funk smell. The stems on the plants are very lemony when rubbed.
My 3 NYCD moms are very uniform in appearance. I did see some variation when the clones from them were stressed a bit; i think the one closest to the uv light really displayed some very sativa characteristics. Not sure that it was the uv's fault but its a guess of mine...

Update:

Same ol', same ol'.

picture.php

This tub is still massive. Buds are plentiful but still skinny; they are slowly packing on some girth though...

picture.php

A shot of one of the colas. Not very pretty, to be sure, but part of that's due to the hps...

picture.php

A budshot of one of the smaller tubs. These are under an mh so the lights much better.

picture.php

A budshot from the third tub. I think the phosphoload in the big tub makes the buds not as frosty as the others; lets hope it doesnt affect potency too much.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I Do: Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a good 420. Stopped by your thread too.

picture.php

Chopped a single plant from one of the tubs. This one looked ready, with trichs mostly cloudy, a few amber to be seen.
Yield isnt going to be much, maybe a quarter ounce at most after a dry. Still, it'll keep me in smoke till I can harvest the big tub, in a couple weeks...

picture.php

Still, even though there's not much, it looks decently frosty...

picture.php

Decently...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update:

picture.php

Got a bunch of Flo and NYCD cuts in the humidome, no heat pad. I'm trying out the Oasis rootcubes again. I'm chalking up my first failed attempt with the rootcubes to grower error. :rasta:

picture.php

Got a lone NYCD clone in the veg tub under flouros. I'm using the neoprene collars (the ones used in Ez Cloners) and extra tape to make my tub as lightproof as possible. Also threw in some Dutchmaster Zone in the res. Hopefully this means I wont get the clear snot again. If I do, I'll put the DWC on hiatus; I have a bunch of 3 gallon pots and I'll just do organic soil. There's more than one way to grow...

On a side note, the one NYCD plant I harvested a week ago is not bad: tastes sweet, and has a heavy narcotic stone. My buddy was impressed by it, but he actually prefers the indica high.
The only thing I didnt like about it was that I expected the NYCD to have an electric, stimulating high. I chopped at half cloudy, half clear too, and it still had a heavy indica stone. So, in that regard, it was disappointing to me, but potency wise it seems just as potent as the Flo I've grown. I can't knock any bud that tastes good and gets me ripped with one good bong hit, a week after chop. Maybe it's just the pheno; I had 3 NYCD moms. They all looked and grew alike, so I'm expecting they'll have the same high, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong and one of the others will have the electric high I'm looking for. Ah well, I still have the SDOGs to flower out, plus the Flo is always a reliable head buzz...
Keep it green folks.... :joint:

I

idoreallytry

well variety is a spice of life my friend so enjoy it all sounds like everything is going good,, good lck finding that killer buzzz,,,,peace

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ido: Thanks! I agree, variety is key when growing your own. :joint: You've got a lot of threads going, i'm going to have to check them all out. Whew!

Update:

picture.php

This is like 10% of the harvest from the big NYCD tub, the one I put phosphoload in.
Most of the buds are stringy and not really filled out.
Part of that is because I have these under 400's, so light penetration is not great. The other reason is the phosphoload; it caused the plants to bud out so much that the thickness of the foliage really choked off a lot of light to lower buds. That's partly why I'm harvesting in stages: to let lower buds fill out and mature. Also, my dryer box can only hold so much bud at one time. :rasta: