What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trapped in a Closet! 800 watts of Flo, NYCD and Thai Stick Sativas!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MR: thanks for the advice. im fooling around with photoshop, with exposure levels, to try to get a better pic that way as well. a friend has an slr and macro lens, may get some good cured bud shots down the line that way...

Update on the Super Star: so far only 1/3 cracked after 48 hours :badday: but i put the dish on top of a ballast and will give it another day or two. I hope i get a female. :joint:

On the bright side, I did get JLP's Og kush bx x SD IBL! Seven beautiful seeds. will crack 3-4 of them soon, as soon as the superstar crack (or dont).

Bud shot of a flo 38 days of 12/12. not bad, hope they get a lot fatter (and they should :rasta: ). figure they got another 30 days/4 weeks more? flo doesn't make huge fat colas, more spear shaped as advertised, but it's still quality smoke.

rootfingers

Looks gud to me Baba! And congrats on a safe delivery. JLP's work is tha bomb. Got some of those myself, hehe!

What temps those super stars at? You want them babies comfy around 75 and moist. Also, maybe consider given 'em at least a week some take longer than others. Try not to get discouraged too quick.

Nice bro... Ive been lookin at a new place to move out to and it seems like an apt grow so I was just wondering on the harvest and cure. Nice, youre going to break out the superstar cant wait to see those buds! Question on buying seeds online should I use like a international check or like a green card debit card account? Im thinking of buying some SuperStar and some Blue Mystic.. Im trying to find an Apollo strain but no luck so far. Keep ya posted

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
RF: Thanks rootfingers. some seeds just germ faster than others. and now we have 2/3. :rasta: anything more than half is decent...

MU: So long as your odor control is decent and you dont make a huge amount of racket you should be fine. odor control is max important if the window is on the first floor and near foot traffic. lightproofing should be good too, if the window can be seen by others. i harvest in my living room and it does stink my living room up for a few hours but my front door opens to an unheated stairwell which is hardly ever used. plus my front door has pretty decent weatherstripping so you dont really smell anything in the stairwell...
i cure in the grow room, since the hids are in the closet, most of the room is dark. :rasta:
you can build a drying box that has a carbon filter on it, you need a rubbermaid tub, racks for the bud, two pc fans spliced into a power cord, and a carbon air filter like they sell at home depot. i built a drying box but didnt tape a carbon filter cut to size on to it, because the scrubber's in the room so i didnt need the extra odor control
as far as buying seeds, using a credit card or US post office money order is fine with most sites.

2 of three Super Stars have cracked, one of them just a nubbin.

Flo, 39 days of 12/12.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
DS: thanks! i'm hoping things get bigger and better from here on out: more clones in the closet, more strains in my selection. really just maximize what i was blessed with...

NOTE: I've transplanted the superstars to peat pellets. 2/3 are definitely cracked, and the third looks like it was cracking. all i need is one good female and im set. and from now on, i plan to keep the males around long enough to collect pollen from them. gotta preserve these genetics :rasta:

As far as the closet goes, one tub is at about 45 days and that one might be ready to harvest after two more weeks. :joint: flo's a fast finisher, not the heaviest yielding gal, but done in 60 days of 12/12 is not bad. will probably start checking the trichs soon.

this is the premier excel i bought a few weeks ago. it's a tabletop injector for making your own cigarettes.

Two 6 oz packs of tobacco: $18 (each bag is enough to make a carton of cigs)
Two cartons of 200 filter tubes: $6
Being able to say FU to sin taxes (in cook county IL it's $5 a pack): PRICELESS

I only smoke about a pack a week, like 3 cigs a day. Just gotta have a cig after a toke.
:joint:

Hard plastic case to hold the myo cigs.

18 cigarettes... or are they?...

Boo yah! Ground up water cured weed inside! the ultimate stealth smoke!
Unfortunately, this weed is from fully seeded bud, so it's potency is about the same as middies. Once i put some properly grown Flo in there, watch out, one cig of that and ill have to take a nap.... :canabis:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update on the closet:

Flo 33 days in.

Another tub of Flo, also 33 days in.

Flo tub, 47 days in. checked the trichs a couple days ago, still mostly clear. two more weeks im hoping? buds are still getting fat. yield wont be much, at least not compared to what i should be pulling, just need to put more clones in each tub. :joint:
speaking of more clones, i put two more clones in each of the 33 day tubs two days ago. we'll see if this perpetual sog in each tub is going to work....

On the Superstar: 2/3 sprouted in the peat pellets, they barely have their first set of leaves. how long should i let them grow in the peat pellets? till they reach like 3rd node?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I could easily 3x-5x the yield if i put more clones in each tub and fimmed or topped them. Flo responds well to fimming, it'll create like 5 top colas and will be taller afterwards. :rasta: And i only put 3 clones in each tub at the start, and I could easily fit 6. I've drilled 7-8 holes in each lid, so i have plenty of holes for more clones with one hole for topping off, ph and ec measurements...

Here's some pics taken from the top instead of from the side; they look a little fuller this way:

From the top they look a little more full, you can see the plants to the side and back better. I'm figuring on two zips each tub for now, but once i use more clones and fim, i could easily triple that per tub.
:rasta:

i have this dutchmaster phosphoload. supposed to make the buds bigger and fatter. i was planning to use it on the thai stick when i run it again (should be within a week, the clone finally popped roots :rasta:) but should i use it on the flo as well? Flo is naturally spear like buds, you wont get the big donkey dicks with it, at least the pheno i have. but maybe with the phosphoload....

JJ: thanks for stopping by! ur grow is looking mighty impressive. its hard to get a sense of scale, but those plants look about 3 ft tall... are you in 5 gallon soil containers with a 1K? 600? looks like ur gonna be a happy man in less than a month...

D

Don Cotyle

Hey Bababooey! Nice setup you got there! Plants look very healthy! Next time go with a longer veg and get larger before you flower em! That phosphoload will help! Pick up some GH KoolBloom dry 1.5 or 4 lbs package it's 2-45-28 it'll really help fatten up them buds and increase the flavor and taste, by helping increase the flavinoids and fragrent oils! Not being judgemental Bro, just offering some suggestions!

I got one of them machines too!

Jansjukebox

Bababooey said:
JJ: thanks for stopping by! ur grow is looking mighty impressive. its hard to get a sense of scale, but those plants look about 3 ft tall... are you in 5 gallon soil containers with a 1K? 600? looks like ur gonna be a happy man in less than a month...
Thanks man...Actually they are on average of 2 feet high...The Big Sticky #1 is 26" and I they are only in one gallon pots and I'm running 400w. Should be harvesting within 2 weeks so yep in a month I'm gonna be real happy..lol

No matter which angle you take your shots from, they look real good!! Look forward to hearing your yeilds!!

rootfingers

Things are looking real good Bababooey, can't wait to see that flo finish up.

Also, I think it's a great idea to add more clones to your tubs. They aren't stretchers anyway so why not pack 'em in across.

Keep it up Baba, gonna have an excellent harvest soon.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
DC: No prob, Don, i know that my tubs are underutilized and any suggestions are helpful! i'd be a fool not to take advantage of the experience on this site: it's like a brand new farmer not listening to the older farmers' advice.
im interested in bud boosters like koolbloom. is that a supp or is it supposed to replace the regular nutes? with concentrations like that, is it easy to overnute? or is it hard to overnute phosphorus and potassium in flower, as much as you give your plant she can take?
your machine is older than mine and therefore probably made better. :rasta:
seems like these days they take something that works perfectly fine, then make a cheaper version of it in asia so they can make more money off it.

JJ: your garden is full, so they look bigger than they really are. :rasta: what kind of soil mix do u use? two feet tall in one gallon containers... wow, that's impressive.
im pretty sure im gonna get about 2 oz dry from each tub, give or take a half oz. that's about 1/3 of what i should get once i use more clones and fim them. :joint:

RF: yeah, i could easily drill a lid with like 15 holes, but i think with fimming i can get away with just 6-7 clones per tub. :rasta: i gotta think about plant numbers too, think im gonna try to keep it under 20, 25...

Update on the Super Star: I germed them in a paper towel and 2/3 popped. i put all 3 in peat pellets and they barely sprouted out of the pellets and now they're real limp! i transplanted them to soil (i normally put germed seeds in soil) but i dont know if it's gonna help. ive heard of people sprouting seeds in peat pellets so thats why i tried it but now i think i lost seedlings because of this...
im gonna pop the last 2 super star, just sucks cause i think i wasted the first three. :fsu:

M

mrred

if i had a 400watt i'd do 2 rubbermaids side by side , i did it with my 250 and they turned out pretty good , even with root rot

D

Don Cotyle

Hi Bababooey, The KoolBloom is an addative and if feed only in the flowering stage, it has a feeding formula for hydro and soil and in the last stages it will give you some leaf tip burn but nothing radical unless you overfeed! You want to follow the feeding instructions it's possible to burn the hell out of em but if you follow the included instructions it'll be just fine!

Yea my machine is built like a tamk but makes quick work getting a pack done in say about 5 mins! Yea everything seems to be imported here and made rather cheaply lately, the Goverment better step in and start instateing tarriffs and import taxes to help keep the work here for our folks!!! The damn people sure don't seem to want to stick together and buy US made...it's a damn shame! In 20 years our country will be owned by these other countries or our econime will turn us into a third world country, it's a damn shame!!! Don

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MR: Actually, i'm going to put a 4th tub in the closet (all four fit with inches to spare). i anticipate putting the 4th tub in in about a week; the thai clone should have established taproots by then. i only need the one clone: these things grow like monsters. six feet tall, stretching for months. im gonna scrog and phosphoload it to stop the stretch and induce budding.... :rasta:

DC: Yeah, i know what you mean about american goods being an endangered species. we cant forget though its our own people doing it to us. corporations/businesspeople have products built overseas because its cheaper for them; less cost of golds sold = higher profit margins. a lot of times they're forced to do that, because all their competitors are doing it and taking market share because they can charge less.
perfect example is the glass pipe market. we have great american artists here but they have trouble competing with cheap chinese glass imported here by paraphernalia dealers looking to make a buck. the average stoner is going to want a glass piece for a decent price; he or she isnt necessarily looking for a work of art, they just want something better than a metal bowl. we're doing it to ourselves, really. the typical american consumer wants to pay a low price for a decent product, not a high price for a better built product. It's the Wal-mart mentality... im guilty of that as well cause i shop at walmart all the time... :spank:

UPDATE:
im trying a set it and forget it method of growing and im loving it! i didnt check my ph and ec for 3 days and they're growing better than ever. one tub's ph dips down to the low 4's but it's still growing merrily along. im gonna keep a close eye on it, but the low ph doesnt seem to have harmed it. :joint:
i check up on them every other day and the growth in the buds is noticeable. the flo tub at 50 days, the buds are continuing to swell. i checked the trichs and the heads are full and clear. hopefully another 10 days before i see 50% cloudly and then chop chop! there's two more tubs 2 weeks behind that so i may see 3 harvest this november. a lot to be thankful for, indeed...

Last edited:
M

mrred

Nothing wrong with walmart, I belive in 100% free trade , it really sucks when you have to pay extra for something when you can get it somewhere else for alot cheaper. its really a freedom issue, what you can buy, what you can put into your body, who you can buy from or who you can sell to

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

this one has a main cola almost 2 feet tall. the portion you see here is about 18 inches long.

shot of tub #2. both tubs are about 3-4 weeks from harvest :rasta:

shot of a flo bud in a tub that may be 10-14 days from harvest.

MR: I agree, im a dedicated walmart shopper. im just saying that the dearth of american manufacturing is largely because of, well, us americans! the greedy companies who want to lower their costs, greedy consumers who want the lowest price possible. everytime an american consumer buys a foreign made product because its a few dollars cheaper than an american made one, he's hurting american manufacturers. we've all been guilty of it, at least most of us. it's gotten to the point where, in some products, you can't even FIND an american manufactured version of it anymore.
ah well, what can you do? you can't stop it, or even slow it down...
:joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
GoBama! he says he'll end the federal raids on clubs (or at least he says its not an appropriate use of resources). norml thinks that once he wins that clears the way for mmj in il. dont know about that, but im hopeful. :joint:

one got so heavy it fell over. tied it up with some wire, so my fingers got a little sticky. :rasta:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Update:

Two tubs have been in the closet 40 days of 12/12 and they look almost done! checked the trichs, less than 50% cloudy. think ill chop at 10-20% amber, which might be within a couple weeks, maybe even sooner? if this strain can finish in 50 days of 12/12, that'd be pretty amazing, but i am using uv-b...

also, put a 4th tub in, containing a single thai stick. no pics of that, soon though.... :joint:

here's shot of my single little Super Star. :badday: 2/3 popped, one died, this is the only one i have left and it's struggling. im sticking to germing in mg soil from now on. peat pellets are awesome for cloning, but seem to be hurting my seedlings....

Last edited: