What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train wreck

Wrecked

Trainwreck is a good all day med pot but isnt the best for night time use as its way to sativa influenced for me to sleep on... Here are some pics of my wreck some pulled earlier than others but all the same clone.... PeAcE

G

^^^im dumbfounded and stupid after smokin TW. prolly dont feel anything.

CBF

kilacaLIbud

train wreck more like strain wreck.. i live where it supposidly orijanated..socal and kats were into train wreck ide say 2000 when it really got its hype..as the local cronic ..they also sell it by the tons at the many many clubs i have around my neighborhood and i can care less bout the straiin..i hear it was crossed with a mexican bag seed....that sounds like something someone would do around my city. and got a lucky cross.. it was almost as hype as the kush everyone who was selling weed was selling kush supposidly..but now it was trainwreck ..ive seen some funnny shit ppl call tW but i dont really care i dont think i would ever grow it ..just from my experiances with it.

Last edited:
G

strain wreck, LMAO!

nspecta, im too sober to get my thoughts together on this. must... smoke... more. be back later. :)

GREAT bump, my brother.

junit

I have not smoked it..... But i am Growing it... This Pig Doubles in size in about a 7-10 after inducing 12/12. I can go down the line about 4 people, and ive been told by many its the "Real Deal" TW. ... Im not sure.... But A guy who smoked the shit 20 years ago says its the just as he remembers...

I didn't read through all of the comments on this thread, I usually regret commenting without doing that. But here goes anyway. Im so tired of smelling this strain everywhere. I just want a bonghit that doesn't taste like trainwreck...lol The limonene terpene in it is just too overpowering for me. It also burns my throat and lungs it seems very often.

But here's my real comment....am I the only one who smells a direct link to Jack Herer in it? I mean it's beyond obvious to my sniffer. Anyone else smell this?

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
According to Humboldt County grow-lore -

This strain was supposedly the creation of two Californian brothers back in the late seventies. It is a mix of three other strains Thai (Sativa), Mexican (Sativa) and Afghani (Indica). Trainwreck is ninety percent Sativa and only ten percent Indica. As the story goes the two brothers had to pull their crop early because there was a nasty train wreck that happened near their grow site and they didn’t want it discovered; thus the name. Now Trainwreck is a very sought after strain through medical dispensaries.

I have been growing TW and her counter-part - Purple Trainwreck (Grandaddy Purp/TW) for 5 seasons. IMO, it's not really suited for indoor growing because the dominate Sativa traits result in excessively tall and very rangy growth, making it difficult to keep contained under most lighting footprints. Indoors, its full potential will never be obtained.

Outdoors, its a beast. My seasonal TW goes averages 10-12ft in height with an average girth of 8 -10 ft with excellent weight ratio. The mother I keep for yearly clones is from the original "Arcata" strain and the only other strain that matches it in size is Blue Dream. The 2 are very similar in growth patterns while the TW produces a better yield weight. In my case, every season, the TW goes in the ground without question.

The potency is as comparable, IMO, to most anything out there. The only 2 strains it comes in a tad below in potency would be Granddaddy and S Diesel. That said, neither the GDP nor the S.D. grow near the size of the TW, when sun-grown.

All strains, including TW, are only as good as he/she who grows it. Unless you REALLY know the TW strain, chances are very good, if it lacks potency, a very nice appearance along with a great aroma and taste, somebody somewhere is putting a great stain name to something shitty in hopes of making a buck. Gee, how often does that happen with any strain...? Real TW is easy to identify in that it has an unmistakeable spice/pepper aroma. Smelling like anything else - youre being hustled.

if you have the real TW deal- it's a full-dimension winner, no ifs, ands, etc...Personally, I wouldnt trust the TW seed thing, however, a true Humboldt TW cut/clone is something to behold, if, as I said, its the real deal...cc

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bumpiddy :bump:

Just acquired a couple cuttings & tossed 'em in the cloner.

I smoked this for several years while I was in the PNW. It was my staple at that time. Let's see how it compares to my last 10 years w/o it around.

acespicoli

Bump

!
Where are the s1's available now anyone know best source today ?
Been looking at the wreck for a few years and im a sativa guy so any help is appreciated

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
csi humboldt should have some, dr. greenthumb and maybe cannaventure. not sure about cannaventure.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Last I checked Dr. Greenthumb was out of stock. Don't think Rusty has offered it as an S1. Currently in stock at CSI.

Just got my first order from CSI yesterday ('79 Xmas Bud IBL) and received 20 freebie seeds from three different offerings. :nono: Thrilled to have gotten PCK IBL among them.

Dankwolf

Last I checked Dr. Greenthumb was out of stock. Don't think Rusty has offered it as an S1. Currently in stock at CSI.

Just got my first order from CSI yesterday ('79 Xmas Bud IBL) and received 20 freebie seeds from three different offerings. :nono: Thrilled to have gotten PCK IBL among them.

What's the back ground on the 79 x mas bud ? Sounds up my alley for some reason lol.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Originated from NDNguy. Good deal of folklore surrounding the line. I am not sure actual lineage is truly known - I know I am in no position to speak on it. But it's supposed to contain heavy pine terps. That's why I grabbed it (and a soft spot for IBLs). Had been watching stock for some time and when it dropped to 3 packs I knew it was time to swoop. Two days later showed no more stock. I see now they're back in (9 packs).

I plan to do a hunt for heavy pine terps, most likely starting next fall. So will be popping some of these (pack was 21 seeds), PTK and probably Romulan. I may look around before then to find one more that's supposed to be really heavy on the pine. :biggrin:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
csi humboldt have trainwreck S1 in stock. description: The mid to late 90’s TrainWreck clone that was extremely popular a couple decades ago…preserved by us for over 20 years. She’s a unique Terpinolene dominant cut that will stay forever in our library of heirlooms. Available now in S1 form.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I heard Greenhouse seeds holds the original cut and the seeds are indeed an S1.

Cannavore

Veteran
Originated from NDNguy. Good deal of folklore surrounding the line. I am not sure actual lineage is truly known - I know I am in no position to speak on it. But it's supposed to contain heavy pine terps. That's why I grabbed it (and a soft spot for IBLs). Had been watching stock for some time and when it dropped to 3 packs I knew it was time to swoop. Two days later showed no more stock. I see now they're back in (9 packs).

I plan to do a hunt for heavy pine terps, most likely starting next fall. So will be popping some of these (pack was 21 seeds), PTK and probably Romulan. I may look around before then to find one more that's supposed to be really heavy on the pine. :biggrin:
NDN's 79 X-Mas Bud was some pot that was smuggled by boat from Jamaica to FL. At least that was the story he told me and others.

Cannavore

Veteran
i wouldnt trust anyone but CSI on Trainwreck S1's. He's got the real cut, no need to speculate on what cut others have =)

Latest posts

Latest posts