What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
A TV is a bad focal point if conversation is your goal. It's big and ugly when off and far, far too distracting when on. It also smears the stereo image for critical audio listening in a high end audio system.

Interesting art is the best focal point. This is a pic my wife took at Chimp Eden in SA. Even though the pic is flawed with an out of focus wire running through the middle, it is a great image for a focal point.

chimp-sad.jpg

moose eater

Lab results arrived in the mail yesterday. PSA has risen again, from 0.4 to 0.5.

Technically speaking, in many/some oncologists' opinions, 0.4 defines a condition still classified as 'bio-chemical recurrence', whereas 0.5 becomes a marker for 'systemic disease.' Not a pleasant-sounding categorization, really

No word from any of our offspring yet regarding anyone's willingness to house-sit and tend to the pups while I'm gone, let alone tend to my plants, so if/when I need to fly to Seattle for the scan (they don't have that scan available in Alaska), then I may be heading down alone, leaving my wife to take care of the place.

Still need to measure and make modifications to the boat to adapt an auxiliary/kicker motor mount, as well as the trolling plate to be mounted to the primary outboard.

And we got most of the shed emptied out onto pallets in the yard last night, so we'll be ready to start building the giant set of shelves for the shed any day now.

Super Lemon Haze may receive the first trimming this coming weekend, or mid-week next week. Then the Ghost Train Haze #1 will likely be about 10-14 days from now, and very shortly after that, the California Indica. The CI is fading more rapidly than I want her to, but she's otherwise looking pretty amazing.

Anticipating about 18-20 oz. form the CI this go-'round.

Super Lemon Haze is looking INCREDIBLE, even if the colas don't compare in length or weight overall, in contrast to the CI.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Man all I can tell you is if I had a dad like you you wouldn't even have to ask me twice
my dad WAS like him, and it was very (VERY!) rare that i refused to help. he DID have a bad habit of waiting until i was loading up, getting ready for a fishing/hunting trip before he would say something like "are you gonna be here tomorrow to help with blahblahblah ?" "fuck Dad, why didn't you say something TWO DAMN days ago when you heard us planning this trip?" everything else he wanted me to do, i did. well, not cut my hair...:smoke:

moose eater

My youngest was Mr. Helpful up until about 6 months ago, when I pissed him off and hurt his feelings, and that, coupled with his having been entering into later adolescence and challenging me as the primary male figure, off and on, over the last year or year-and-a-half, has led to the loggerheads we're at now. Now he can't be bothered to pick up a phone call, barely responds to is mother's texts, won't reply at all to my Messenger messages, etc. Whatever fate he had with future benefit from membership with this family, is currently in the throes of reassessment, at the very best.

Meanwhile, my best friend, my German Shepherd dog, who has been low on energy and has had marked difficulty for a couple months getting her hind-end up onto the bed, usually only being able to raise her front onto the bed, relying on my wife or I to lift her rear haunches, descended the front porch steps this morning, got to the bottom of the stairs, and laid on the concrete stoop, refusing to budge.

So, this morning my wife loaded my best shepherd carefully into her car after the above incident occurred and drove her into the vet's clinic about 8:00 A.M. this morning for an emergency appointment.

My bestest pup spent the day there, with blood draws, urine samples and x-rays. Problem areas include the spleen (irregular shape indicating lack of health, probably cancer, and the liquid in the abdomen is likely blood from the spleen, which may well be cancerous, but operable, if cancer is indeed what it is), mid-section of intestinal tract (a mass in an inoperable area of the abdomen), and anemia, likely due to what is believed to be bleeding from the spleen.

Kinda' wondering if this run of questionable luck is going to end anytime soon?

On the morbid but (maybe) slightly brighter side, if my bestest pup ends up kicking off any time in the near future, and I happen to be similarly obliged or inclined in that same time period, maybe we can have a really good double Irish/German wake? not too many of her friends are into drinking, however, and I'm running low on the friends account lately, mostly by my choice, but my wife and 2 other pups can probably put on an impressive shindig for themselves. Cheap party, though; only my wife drinks, and she's a lightweight where toking is concerned. The 2 remaining pups are relatively puritan-minded, it seems, at least where vices are concerned, so it's likely it would be a pretty timid wake, at best.

Oh.. and I found a place to take my old boat fuel to and dump it, without a cost, so that's on the agenda. See.. it wasn't ALL bad news, right?

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well, Moose has a more serious issue but mine is a minor, more perplexing ethical dilemma.

While browsing a USA seedbank for purple strains, I found 1 strain that grabbed hold of me with a desirable pedigree at a reasonable price. (y)

............... then I noticed the Breeder, REZ Originals. (n)

I'm tempted but holding off, just can't seem to take the plunge and still be able to live with myself, the conflicted Seed Whore. :redface:

moose eater

Well, Moose has a more serious issue but mine is a minor, more perplexing ethical dilemma.

While browsing a USA seedbank for purple strains, I found 1 strain that grabbed hold of me with a desirable pedigree at a reasonable price. (y)

............... then I noticed the Breeder, REZ Originals. (n)

I'm tempted but holding off, just can't seem to take the plunge and still be able to live with myself, the conflicted Seed Whore. :redface:
Avoid business with disreputable persons at ALL costs. Karma milkshakes suck when you blend the wrong flavors.

But no, thank you for your sensitivity, and I realize sometimes stark posts can be the proverbial turd in the punch bowl, but I just come here to either note my current crop in one manner or another, to address the latest in the soap opera that is aging families in America for many of us, to post the occasional absurdity (but perhaps I repeated myself), or even just the litany of whatever accomplishments are achieved at any time..

So no, any seriousness or lack thereof in any of my posts should not derail anyone else who happens to be following a bird of a completely different feather, so to speak.

That aside, the shepherd pup is back home, looking a bit haggard (no offense, Merle), she's minimally ambulatory, we've taken to exiting the back doorsteps rather than the front doorsteps, as it's about a 12:3 ratio or contrast, and any jostling to her spleen can begin the bleeding again, and if the spleen fragments, as the vet warned it might in its current state, she may bleed out in about 3 minutes. Just long enough for me to hold her and tell her what an amazing friend she's been to me, if I happen to be present and alert when such an event might take place.

The vet's final line to my wife yesterday was, "she could check out any time." I guess that's technically true for all of us, though some are closer to some finite mark than others.

Meanwhile, I've been hand-feeding her steamed broccoli, holding a glass pie plate of water up for her to drink without having to get up, and otherwise giving her ear-rubs that make me jealous of her. I may start rubbing my own ears shortly, just watching her eyes roll back in her head when I rub hers.

So, there you have it.

My accomplishments today? Research Rx drugs for the pup, research some non-prescription drugs for myself, place an order for Guinness Extra Stout and Talkeetna Brewing Company's Chuli Stout (named after the Chulitna River), and I thoroughly ran my schnoz through a limited number of the select colas on the ripening Ghost Train Haze #1, when I did morning watering rituals. So don't look too closely at those buds. Not all shades of green are the same.

Oh!! And last night I cut the first ripe-ish looking side bud from the nearly ready Super Lemon Haze, so there's a test of a fresh harvest of some premium flower coming up in the next week or so... Reasons to get out of bed in the morning... Or not. :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dang, Moose! every dog i ever had liked beer! first Dachshund we had would drink a bowl of beer, and a boilermaker afterwards. now, he couldn't keep his hind end in line with his front end while walking after that. looked like a motorcycle that had been wrecked & the frame bent...i hate hearing about your dog. GS's are bad to have hip dysplasia, that was my first guess. been better off if i had been right. they have some treatments for that these days...pet her for me. :good:

moose eater

dang, Moose! every dog i ever had liked beer! first Dachshund we had would drink a bowl of beer, and a boilermaker afterwards. now, he couldn't keep his hind end in line with his front end while walking after that. looked like a motorcycle that had been wrecked & the frame bent...i hate hearing about your dog. GS's are bad to have hip dysplasia, that was my first guess. been better off if i had been right. they have some treatments for that these days...pet her for me. :good:
She's been a sweetheart to me for many years now; 12 almost. I suspect she might drink a beer, but no hard liquor, and no serious drugs, and the beer would likely need to be dark or 'dunkel' (her being German and all).

No hip dysplasia in her lines, but she has (as a sidenote) spinal stenosis; something she and I have in common, I guess. Diagnosed yesterday while we were chasing internal bleeding and air in her stomach.

A lot of the spinal and hip problems were bred into the GSDs as a result of those who desired that lowered hind haunches appearance that makes a GSD look as though they're ready to pounce. Avoid that physical feature at all costs. However attractive some loon THINKS that look is, it is almost single-hande3dly responsible for the physical demise of one of the best, smartest breeds of dog ever put on the Earth (not that I'm biased or anything).

Took her for a walk today, and mixed half of the remaining steamed organic broccoli into about half the amount of food (maybe a bit more) than she would typically receive for a meal.

When our kids were little, some how they got the idea that frozen vegetables were a dessert food. They'd hold their little hands out and ask for 'gebbles'.

Well, our pups here... Vegetable fanatics as well. Frozen, fresh, you name it. The GSD even eats sweet onions, loves the bejesus out of carrots, and eats broccoli like it's a steak. All that considered, other than for lethargy (mostly our fault) she OUGHT to be the healthiest pup here. But nope. Murphy.

moose eater

By the way, my younger son, unwilling to reply directly to me, replied to my wife today instead, after her and my 3rd or 4th inquiry re. house-sitting, dog-sitting, etc., when/if we need to head to Seattle for an expensive PET scan. He finally replied, "Depends on what day."

I guess that's better than "Fuck YOU!! No way in Hell, ever!!" But apparently our medical emergencies don't fit or rank well much of the time with his social and career calendars.

Little room to go further down in this game, but plenty of room to go up.

Time to run 32 US gallons of shop water (you should see the collection of nearly ancient milk jugs I've been collecting for going on 30 years... literally).

The current harvest has slowed down on consumption of food and liquids, so I know we're getting close to a shitload of trimming. Looking forward to being cross-eyed and having that set of nerves between the shoulder blades screaming quietly for days.

Trimming; God's way of saying, "No, I don't particularly care for pot growers."

But I suspect even God doesn't like smoking leaf.

moose eater

Surely god endorses smoking. The giddions leave a book of rizla in every hotel room. So you can truly take in gods word.
Smoked joints rolled in pages from the King James New Testament Bible in detention circa 1975 or 1976. A bit harsh, though Psalms and Revelations I think provide a superior experience. :)

But I still think God probably prefers trimmed buds and hashish. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts