What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Petrochemical

th-4089737076.jpg

Might grab it

Last edited:

Petrochemical

Had a very close family friend of ours that lives way up by the Canadian border coming to town and I sat back and spend a couple hours with him talking to him and I showed him this site and he started laughing and I said you ever gone online and shared anything that you've been doing up north and he said he did for a short. Of time and he actually remembered Donald Mallards name of all people here and he said he pulled away because he started to realize that every time you do a thread showing his progress it would be somebody here who throw up a bunch of their own pics or start a threat of Their Own and act like attention horse and that's not what this plants about that's what he said I'm starting to realize looking at some of the threads people have here that he's right I never looked at it that way he is a very unique perspective then again this is somebody who lives off generators and solar power and his driveway is a guanlet for uninitiated lmaop
I wanna be a haze lover...

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Keeping on topic, or at least relevant, can be hard work for many of us. Conversation is thought provoking.

Some forums allow a diary thread that is read only. It would be nice to have permissions control, that allowed you to toggle posting on/off. Then you could take questions in sets. Perhaps even do a diary thread, and a 'talk about my diary' thread. Or even have peoples replies only visible to you, unless you share them.

Green Squall

My back hurts, but its a good kind of pain because all of my plants are in the ground. It reminds me of advice my Grandfather gave me when he was always puttering around in his vegetable/flower garden (just do a little bit each day.) I should have taken his advice, but sometimes when I get going, it's full steam ahead! I sometimes wonder what he would think of seeing humongous ganja plants growing under the sun in all its glory?

Petrochemical

Keeping on topic, or at least relevant, can be hard work for many of us. Conversation is thought provoking.

Some forums allow a diary thread that is read only. It would be nice to have permissions control, that allowed you to toggle posting on/off. Then you could take questions in sets. Perhaps even do a diary thread, and a 'talk about my diary' thread. Or even have peoples replies only visible to you, unless you share them.
I cant even do it in person fe lolololol

Reactions: f-e

moose eater

Today's pics omitted the Ghost Train Haze #1. But with the use of another's gear, I MAY have captured a decent trichome shot or 2 from the Super Lemon Haze, which in testing, a family member declared "the buzz (was) was too much." (* That SLH plant, going clone to clone, is about 20+ years old or so. Perhaps 22 years?

The California Indica is struggling with what I believe is a lock-out of N and Mag, due to K, and is simultaneously showing some burn up top, though she had been doing extremely well. Currently giving her mostly plain untreated well water, dropped to about 6.2 with citric acid.

About 4 days (+/-) away from cutting the Super Lemon Haze, then maybe a week and a half or so until I cut the GTH#1, then the California Indica will be the last of this group.

Super Lemon Haze close-ups today.

Next is a shot of the SLH in her group.

Last is the California Indica.

By thew way, any input re. arresting the premature fade in the CI is welcome. Otherwise, I'll likely simply keep rinsing with ph-adjusted well water... until she's either happier, put into a pipe, or being made into THC-A extract.

Attachments

• DSCN0731.JPG
    DSCN0731.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG-0283.jpg
    IMG-0283.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG-1400.JPG
    IMG-1400.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-1398.JPG
    IMG-1398.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0733.JPG
    DSCN0733.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0734.JPG
    DSCN0734.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

moose eater

The German Shepherd pup and best friend is gradually improving, though the fact that her spleen might fracture and have her bleed out in short order has me a bit apprehensive at times. None the less, it would seem she goes out of her way to let me know she's feeling better. Her nose is still generating a bit more warmth than I think it ought to, but we're in the 70s here, in a super-insulated house, with 10" thick walls, and LOTS of triple-pane windows, so that might be contributing to the nose's warmth, as well.

Prepped the rear sway arm on the car, readying it for trailering to town so I can soon get my commuter vehicle back. Driving a truck everywhere with the current price of fuel, is becoming a ridiculous thought.

Spent over 2 hours on the phone with my older son today, and while he was mildly reserved in areas potentially involving other family members, and hesitant (I think) to lay controversial issues out where disagreement might develop, it was incredibly positive overall. Left me with that echoing of deafening silence that one may experience after a really good, -loud- concert. Sort of nullified, followed by a very sincere, "Huh..."

Saws aren't running worth a shit at the moment, so I dropped a few balsam poplar/aspen trees, and cleared a couple trees from a trail out back, before my new pro saw refused to run for me anymore, so now I need to take TWO new high-end saws to a nearby town and leave them there with a "WTF?" note attached.

Getting closer to mixing soilless mix for the up and coming 3 newer strains that need sorted out.

Over all a much better day than most recent days. But I still need to get the gardens and spud field ready to plant, then planted, get the boat modifications done for the trip to the Yukon Territory this July(?), and more.

Old friend from SE Alaska, down in the Pan Handle, is a part of the original cast of a decent, mostly accurate reality show, and we've been to his rather remote place about 33 years ago. wrote and asked him about older cabins on the shoreline of the Islands, far from town, but not too far, preferably on the inside of the Islands to protect it from heavy seas when commuting to town and back. Thinking about selling our place and setting up a greenhouse in a remote bay down there, and living on fish, and fresh, canned and dried produce. He's in the Lower-48 at the moment, I think, but we might get to chat about this idea soon.

I could do with a bunch of shrimp, halibut, rock fish, and salmon, along with crab and sea cucumber, gathered in the proverbial front yard, a good distance from 'civilization,' and with a whole rain forest of dead-and-downed or dead-standing Sitka spruce and cedar to burn in a wood-fired stove.

Attachments

• Queen of the Sofa and Best Friend.jpg
    Queen of the Sofa and Best Friend.jpg
    905.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
moose...what type of gas are you running in your saws? dealer/mechanic here told me to run pure gas, no alcohol, because the rubber used in gaskets in small engines is not designed to handle that. i know, that shit is a dollar or more per gallon than the blended stuff...:shucks: pretty GS, too...

moose eater

moose...what type of gas are you running in your saws? dealer/mechanic here told me to run pure gas, no alcohol, because the rubber used in gaskets in small engines is not designed to handle that. i know, that shit is a dollar or more per gallon than the blended stuff...:shucks: pretty GS, too...
Premium gasoline (local = 90 octane) with a modest touch of Iso-Heet (isopropyl-based gas line antifreeze and injector cleaner in one), about 5 oz. of Sea Foam per 5 US gallons of Premium gas.

With the exception of the Sea Foam, it's not anything they haven't consumed before.

Both of them (my pro saw and my wife's slightly lesser saw) needed to go in last summer for their ('x' amount of time) tune-up. But it's a pain in the ass, as I have lots of other stuff that I've procrastinated accomplishing that's now on the immediate to-do list, and the saw shop in reference is about 35 miles from my house. So, a day shot to shit, in other words.

I considered additives as a culprit, but we'll see. The only piece of equipment here that ever balked at Iso-Heet (and that was based more on amount added than the item itself, if Iso-Heet was the culprit at all in that case) was my Honda 2000-watt inverter generator. It -allegedly- got enough Iso-Heet in it one year out at the lakes ice fishing, that it refused to run AT ALL. But I also know that same gen-set has had issues with the wire in the plug wire making proper contact, so there's multiple potential explanations for that particular day, too.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
dealer/mechanic here told me to run pure gas, no alcohol, because the rubber used in gaskets in small engines is not designed to handle that

I was on an older Porsche forum for years and this is a real issue for older cars and any older engine. The ethanol in modern gas eats rubber, so gas lines can break down over time. I replaced all but one near-inaccessible rubber line on my 911 because after 20 years they were starting to crack. Whoever owns it now can worry about that last line. In Canada, Shell 91 octane was the only readily available gas that didn't have ethanol.

Three Berries

With 2 cycle gas I buy premium. Then dose it with water to separate the alcohol from the gas and you end up with pure 87 octane or so.

Petrochemical

I had to warn my nephew who thinks he's going to go into the timber industry that the grease fittings on the bar on his chainsaw we're not there cuz they look cute you know the front sprocket the chain Guides Through the tip of the bar? He thought he could just hit that with an air compressor and as long as it would spend it was good. I don't know the way I was raised in the garage that I was taught how to put tools back where I found them I know that that typical naive Behavior would have gone unchecked for about a day before someone would have immediately made me aware of how important grease fittings are not only on a chipper and a chainsaw one on every piece of equipment that usually has a hydraulic line on it there's a grease fitting somewhere I guess for the first four years of my arboriculture I was learning knots how to sharpen clean and maintain saws both hand and electric and chain chippers hydraulic lines and of course grease fittings for days grease fittings for days who don't mind some lithium all up in their hair

Three Berries

Someone hit my weather station between 8:55 and 9:00 PM last night with an ATV it looks like. The wind cups disappeared. But I have spare parts....

Weather station down.jpg