What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

My wife has taken a liking to an organic heavy whipping cream, primarily because it only has one stabilizer in it, rather than several, and it's a fairly natural stabilizer. The stuff does, indeed, have a superior flavor and texture. But at $6.99/pint, I'm thinking Pablo Escobar missed out on a lucrative market likely involving less gunfire.

Of course, the metal detector we're discussing is $719, so maybe I can learn to like coffee and cream again, and not mention the price disparity.

Shh...

Edit: Wait!! It just occurred to me that the metal detector is a one-time purchase, but the cream is a 1.5 x's/week purchase. I think over time they're apt to equal out in value. What have I done?!

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

The moon is shadowed by the earth tonight. Just after dark for the Canadians and USA. Just before dawn in the UK.
Getting only light that's passed through our atmosphere, it will be red. It's also a super-moon.

Be worth a look, as it's one of the better astronomical shows :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
My wife has taken a liking to an organic heavy whipping cream, primarily because it only has one stabilizer in it, rather than several, and it's a fairly natural stabilizer. The stuff does, indeed, have a superior flavor and texture. But at $6.99/pint, I'm thinking Pablo Escobar missed out on a lucrative market likely involving less gunfire.

Of course, the metal detector we're discussing is $719, so maybe I can learn to like coffee and cream again, and not mention the price disparity.

Shh...

Edit: Wait!! It just occurred to me that the metal detector is a one-time purchase, but the cream is a 1.5 x's/week purchase. I think over time they're apt to equal out in value. What have I done?!
i missed something! what on earth are you needing a metal detector for? every place that I would like to use one has laws against their use there...any federal lands, beaches, nat'l forests etc. although my wifes aunt DID lose her diamond ring in her yard. be cool to find it, and it would pay for a detector several times over...:woohoo:

Petrochemical

facebook_1652612261862_6931558220380855760.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well...this is the most random thing that has ever happened to me. sitting in my recliner just now after smoking a bowl, watching cat videos. heard something in basement, nothing. dog is asleep. heard something in upstairs bathroom. back up the steps, wifes face cream jar is in the floor. WTF? (she's at work) huh...got drink & retreated to recliner to recover from the stress of walking fifty feet or so. fucking recliner won't work. won't lean back, headrest won't move. WTF? i get up, and it has been unplugged & the cord is back behind my wifes curio cabinet in the corner. ??? move the cabinet, plug the cord back in, everything works as usual. can a mouses ghost be a poltergeist? i DID trap one last night...🐭:chin:

Three Berries

The rain has slowed down so the grass only needs cut once a week now. Waiting for the first flush of mosquitoes to be biting. I can see then hovering above the grass but they have to mate first before they get hungry for that blood. It's usually bad for a week then the birds take over. They use to aerial spray for the skeeters but last time they came around with the hand outstretched, I objected as it drives away all the birds .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The rain has slowed down so the grass only needs cut once a week now. Waiting for the first flush of mosquitoes to be biting. I can see then hovering above the grass but they have to mate first before they get hungry for that blood. It's usually bad for a week then the birds take over. They use to aerial spray for the skeeters but last time they came around with the hand outstretched, I objected as it drives away all the birds .
damn, i've had skeeters here for two months. my bats have not shown up yet, plenty warm enough for them to be out & about. bug population drops big-time when they are patrolling. already seeing fireflies here now. just a hair early, hoping to see the synchronous version up on the mountain soon. aerial spraying? no, not going there unless bug problem is so bad it becomes an actual threat to our health.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I thought this might be a scam . . . but it isn't. I am going to buy some drugs with my cheque from Bill. And damn well enjoy them. :rasta:

Good day,

You will recall that sometime in the period November 23, 2020 to September 23, 2021, you submitted a Consumer Claim under the Canadian Microsoft Software Class Action Settlement for CAD$ 99.00.
After a careful review, we are writing to confirm that this claim is APPROVED.
You will be paid by cheque, sent regular ground mail to the mailing address you provided. Your cheque will be in the amount of CAD$ 99.00.

moose eater

i missed something! what on earth are you needing a metal detector for? every place that I would like to use one has laws against their use there...any federal lands, beaches, nat'l forests etc. although my wifes aunt DID lose her diamond ring in her yard. be cool to find it, and it would pay for a detector several times over...:woohoo:
Yukon Territory of Canada has VERY few restrictions on their use. However, TECHNICALLY, in Alaska, parks, recreational areas, monuments, (Federal or state?), etc., etc., etc. are off-limits.

HOWEVER... if you recall the 1970s and hitchhiking laws, there was what was illegal or not legally accepted in any formal manner, but which was overlooked incessantly, and more used as selective enforcement.

Then consider 'navigable waterways' and the federal control there, possibly not withstanding a current suit involving Alaska suing the feds for control over 'submerged lands'... Huh?? (*You say tomato, I say to-mah-to.." Submerged lands versus navigable waterways, versus non-navigable waterways. I want to be present when THAT hair is sliced.)

Technically all tidal land, below highwater mark, is federal turf (as well as open for public access in most cases here).

An old friend, part of a fairly well-known reality series for the last half-dozen years, was landing his larger boat and heading to the beach in his dinghy in a cove one day. (Same day his malamute-cross spotted a bear and bit it in the ass on the beach), Anyway, he spotted something protruding upright from the sand/muck where the salt water had been earlier at higher tides, and upon further investigation, it was an OLD Russian musket, likely from the 1700s or 1800s.

Now -technically- that weapon was to be turned over to the Feds as a curio find of sorts, but... sometimes reality and technicality can evade each other.

Edit: Metal Detectors also come in handy as a more expensive version of a monument or marker locater when locating property boundaries. but that's another story and purpose.

---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in other news, when I logged onto the net today, and was nearly immediately visually assaulted by the news and click-bait feed, I was initially tempted to read the articles about the Idaho governor's race and the Trump-preferred contender getting WHOOOOOOPED badly, but then I saw the link about the secret ingredient that is missing in my fried chicken, and... well, guess which link I clicked.

I also discovered that a vegan Thai stir-fry with snow peas, tofu and broccoli, when combined with pan seared wild-caught, NE Coast US,15-count sea scallops with basil and garlic, is MUCH better than it had been before the addition of the scallops. No chit!!

Add a Guinness, and I think that with a lot of inner work toward a more Zen perspective, I may not want to punch the next person to mention I'm in my Golden Years, or an Empty-Nester. Just kidding.. maybe..

Last edited:

dlxtpnuo

I have been looking at the DEFAULT SETTING for all accounts to ONLY DISPLAY UNREAD THREADS? See the red circle & green arrow highlighting that the option is on. Did you realise it was there? Can't find your own posts, other posts are missing?

unread threads default.jpg

Reactions: f-e