What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Green Squall

@moose eater Woah, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Looking it up, the blocks I got from the hardware store are 100% concrete, but I guess there is no way of knowing if the ones I found yesterday are fly ash, so I should probably ditch them. I have plenty of bricks laying around, so maybe I'll use those.

Three Berries

Huge snapper in the pond. About a 2 foot shell, head and neck bigger than my clenched fist and forearm. This is from about 30 ft. Saw another today about 14 inches.

Ole Granddaddy
Larry the turtle head.jpg

Larry the turtle.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Huge snapper in the pond. About a 2 foot shell, head and neck bigger than my clenched fist and forearm. This is from about 30 ft. Saw another today about 14 inches.

Ole Granddaddy
View attachment 18710383
View attachment 18710384
if you have ducks nesting in the area, snappers play hell with the little ones, as do softshell turtles. both are quite edible, but softshells are endangered in some states.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
There was a somewhat heated and ego-addled debate here among some of the New-School-vs-Old-School soil agronomists, soil scientists, and others. I'll abstain from naming names, and not all egos were presented or injured equally, but the debate centered around the issues you've pointed to. Specifically, or even implicitly sometimes, whether plants (in this case cannabis) tend to possess a specific ratio of preferred nutrients and elements/minerals where they excel, versus (giving them ample supply of anything they need, short of toxicity, and letting them 'eat' what they want/need.

In my case (and pointed out in many a comment from others, as well as from myself) with organic amendments changing in terms of source and actual verified content on a regular basis, and there being nearly ZERO enforcement re. accuracy in labeling in organic gardening amendments, the possibility of constructing a 'formula' or recipe for a mix that relies on set weights or measures of amendments, and produces a reliable, consistent results in testing, is pretty close to nada over a period of time; specifically, however long it takes any given box or bag of amendments to run out and be replaced.
It would be quite a task. Even if we know what they had available, it's a long process to go through the possibilities. In this study https://www.frontiersin.org/files/A...-01369-HTML-r2/image_m/fpls-10-01369-g001.jpg Two plants were looked at, as the K level was changed. One improved until 180ppm then got worse. The other got going at 180ppm. This varied need amongst different cannabis plants, may explain the Amsterdam Classics. Plants where years of narrowing down their requirements, mean nobody is letting go of them.

Looking at antagonisms, Calmag is a K killer. All three things that suppress K, together in one bottle. It is something I have found I can't use. The effects are varied across different plants, but overall it's not working for me. I can use half doses, but full or high doses cause problems. I have a separate Ca and use it with Epsom to much better effect.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is that in the middle of the north and south. Like Texas, on the gulf coast? Or in the middle of the north, which you call America?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
There is a North, a Central and a South America. And there are the Americas, which is all three. Somewhere along the line, the puffed up ego of the United States decided that that was giving too much attention to all of those other lesser countries, so they started referring to only their country as America and only themselves as Americans and ignoring the fact that they were simply some of many and that some wizened illiterate Peruvian llama herder is equal to them and just as American. This obvious example of big dick syndrome is actually pretty pitiful.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I thought the America's was the north and south continents together. That connect, where the map suggests central America is.

The USA seem to call themselves America, yes. This is the general idea we got from school in the UK. While south america was a collection of individual countries. Mexico was a blank look on their faces.

EDIT: Central America doesn't seem to exist. Except for the USA who wish to displace Mexico from the Northern continent. Or perhaps I can't hear the Mexican side of that, where they want to be in the south?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
There actually is no Central America. There is a North which historically went all the way to the Darien Gap. And a South that was the Darien and everything south. But then the guys in the middle whined and so, they got called Central. It all started with the fucking Greeks and everybody has been arguing about it ever since.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Is that in the middle of the north and south. Like Texas, on the gulf coast? Or in the middle of the north, which you call America?
It was an aside to the question of how many Americas there are and how the USA became America because of who knows why.

The Darien Gap stopped me from hitchhiking to South America.

Last edited:

Three Berries

if you have ducks nesting in the area, snappers play hell with the little ones, as do softshell turtles. both are quite edible, but softshells are endangered in some states.
As you can imagine not many ducks. They come for a rest but don't nest. Usually three goose families though. Counted 10 chicks yesterday. They will be as big as chickens next week, about two-three weeks old I'd guess.

They share watching duties as the parent pairs will go off once or twice a day into the fields to forage while the others will watch the chicks while they are gone.

But the parent gooses will take the little ones out and bait the snappers to give the yougins' some learning. When they sense or feel the snapper they dive under and run them off. Still I think some are sacrificed for the greater good of the surviving. From a few years ago next to my garden. Might be the one in the pic.

Ewqqp.jpg

Petrochemical

Not only do I enjoy how mellow and chill he is on his channel I am blessed to have access to somebody like this that can review this s*** before I get impulsive with some spending money. I hate having to rebuild but I have a feeling I'm from a tribe where it's good it's good to let things go that you don't need and then when you need them again you appreciate them that much more right? Thinking about grabbing three of these I'm going to have to bust my ass cutting trees and doing firewood to do it but yeah another thing that H doesn't want to know about me is that every penny I've ever had in my life I've had to work for there ain't no handouts where I'm from