What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Ca++

Oh bother. Their new year seems to last forever, and the postal system falters, while my need for cheap plastic goods has no tolerance for delays.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Does the American voting system, include 'none of the above' ?

Asking for friends. All of them lol
not federally. you are free to NOT vote for any candidates though. Haley lost the other day in an election where she was the only candidate on the slate. in that state, you could vote for "none of the above". having that as an option would help, but i prefer "ranked" voting over that myself.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It would be a good idea to be able to take a vote away from the least favorable candidate.

We could get around corporate funded campaigns that way...

Or at least have a measurement of how little the candidate speaks for the people.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
BB1i4T4W.jpg

We could get around corporate funded campaigns that way...

Ca++

I have assigned a mouse button to 'close tab'
It's very good for popups, if you use sites that have quite a few.

I'm quite happy with my Logitech M585. It has the 3 bottom scroll wheel, that I can't be without. Quite a rare thing now. I can rock the scroll wheel to the left, which I assign as 'back' or rock it right, for page forward. Plus the usual push down. Assigned to 'grab page' until any other button push.
Obviously I have two side keys, one of which is close tab. The other I hold, then move the mouse for action. Up&Down for zoom. Left&Right for volume.

It does have one more button, I can't assign, and is worthless for me. This mouse can be associated with two devices. My PC, and Projector perhaps. Only.. I don't have a second device that needs a mouse. Thankfully this useless button is in unused realestate. I have forgot it exists.

I also have a Logitech keyboard, that is wireless. It's full size, but instead of the number pad, it has a laptop style mouse pad. It's great with a smart TV. Most of which are happy to let you mouse about, and type properly. Providing internet explorer apps, and youtube. Making you realise just how bad the supplied remote actually is for these purposes. All I really need now, is a smart TV. I just use the wireless keyboard for lolling about on the sofa, still streaming with the PC.

Yes.. that should be random enough

moose eater

We have a bit of the now bottled (and aging) batches of chokecherry wine and raspberry wine remaining from the produce from our property.

More recently, like, a few days ago, my wife took 18+-lbs. of smaller 'fresh' Gala apples and cut them up into small pieces, coring them, so now we have a 6-gallon fermentation bucket on the kitchen table, of what will be a 17% to 18% apple wine. A first.

There's approximately 8-lbs. (combined) of frozen peaches and strawberries waiting to be made into a small batch of strawberry-peach wine, as well.

I'm thinking that getting her a decent floor-standing corker for Christmas was maybe one of my better investments, as Christmas gifts go. And I -fully- support her in this new (to her) hobby.

Looking forward to a bumper raspberry and chokecherry harvest this coming Fall, assuming I'm still present.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Common misconception. Chai is in fact what some call tea. What he wanted, was a good English Breakfast.

I'm rather partial to chai tea but it's best if assembled and created from the base ingredients.

I'm also partial to a full English breakfast than the weak tea most think about.

Irish breakfast tea has balls where English breakfast tea has bows.

Ca++

The soft 'wishy washy' water of Scotland, tends to demand more from the tea. Though strictly speaking, what you get, depends on who blended it. The main Irish brands like to center the flavour around Assam. Bold and malty, though Twinings Assam seems to of lost a lot of it's character. If you want there breakfast, you really want the 1706 strong breakfast. It has less Ceylon in the blend.
The Twinings Assam can be blended with darjeeling, it's lost so much body. I really don't know what has happened to it.

I'm drinking an Earl Grey from Iran at the moment. Of all places. Though it's a gift I'm trying to get through, not a choice. I wish I had used the 1706..