What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

1705013968886.png

Ca++

Pirates pretending to be Robin Hood, to people too stupid to see it.
I'm surprised China have not looked more interested. My shipment is delayed, having to take the long way round, because attacking Chinese ships is apparently the houthis helping the Gaza situation. Is it bollox. Where are my grow related goods, houthis.

What we actually have, is another reason to waste our capabilities. Another front where shitty Iranian weapons, can keep ours busy. Away from other places Iran wouldn't want them sending.

You may fit China into that somewhere. Along with russia, who also had nothing to say.

So now we need a new party to run Yemen, that can invite us in, to really clean up house.
PITA

armedoldhippy

Veteran
While I would agree if we are talking about cities in the US or Canada and most of Europe but I think some cities in Africa or India might change the study's results.
those folks never drove through Knoxville on an October football Saturday, nor through Nashville at rush hour...maybe the causeway from Tampa to St. Pete ? :eek: that's horrible too. and Atlanta! gives me hives just thinking about it...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
those folks never drove through

Yeah, I could give you a dozen examples of other cities: Boston, the 405 in LA, I-95 in DC or thru Lauderdale and as you said Atlanta's i-75 or i-85, but the study was by TomTom and they used data from their GPS customers to rate the average 10 km drive (6.2 miles) throughout the year. Toronto was 29 minutes . . .

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
the amerikan dream of home ownership has been replaced by camping in a car

the tents of the depression era have been replaced by tiny homes

poverty is prettied up in order to be accepted by the masses when the goal should be to elevate the living standards of all humans

moose eater

the amerikan dream of home ownership has been replaced by camping in a car

the tents of the depression era have been replaced by tiny homes

poverty is prettied up in order to be accepted by the masses when the goal should be to elevate the living standards of all humans
All housing bubbles will burst at some point, but like musical chairs, where you're standing and what you owe when that happens determines how well or softly you'll 'bounce' when it occurs.

A cottage on a city lot in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory right now is likely to go for up to or around $450,000 to $500,000 CAD.

While wages have risen, the fact is that many young people today will be stuck most of their lives paying rent to slumlords or landlords.

But the disparity between corporate CEOs' income and the wages of the average working stiff have rarely or never been broader in their comparative inequity, and the upper crust is often paid as much or more in bonuses that don't even fall under standard tax brackets. Taxed at a much lower rate. 'More for less' is the corporatists' mantra when it comes to their own reality, but 'less for more' is what they market to the peasants and commoners.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
I still long for and dream about Columbian cannabis.
A couple of years ago, I had someone gift me a small
handful of red looking buds. Took them home and put
it a small jar on the cannabis shelf in the kitchen where
I could see them every day.
Not sure why, but I pulled out three of the little buds
to try. They turned to powder at a touch.
When I put a hits worth in the bong, I was delighted
by both the flavor and effect.
Cannabis may be the nearest thing to time travel
that I shall ever know.