What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I cheat when I have to succumb to such things, keeping several people near their cell phones on life-lines, a colleciton of old Encyclopedia Britanicas in alphabetical order, a collegiate thesaurus, and a huge Oxford Dictionary.

I'm bullet-proof, right up until my mind goes blank, and I forget how to research stuff or dial the phone..
NY Times expects you to use various sources, that's not cheating. i mean, don't wait till next Sunday & THEN fill it out...:bigeye:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The only instrument I can play is the radio.

same here. i can't carry a tune in a tape deck...:shucks:

Exactly. I can't dance, sing or competently play any instrument but I am an awesome listener. Or at the very least, throughout my career I was really, really good at telling people what they should be listening for and what they should be listening to. And surprisingly (!!!!) it was always the shit that I was selling . . . ;)

buzzmobile

Veteran
Exactly. I can't dance, sing or competently play any instrument but I am an awesome listener. Or at the very least, throughout my career I was really, really good at telling people what they should be listening for and what they should be listening to. And surprisingly (!!!!) it was always the shit that I was selling . . . ;)
Can you repeat that, @tobedetermined ?
1674557379338.png

I was learning to play the turntable.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I was learning to play the turntable.

I think I still hold some kind of record for selling 250 Rega ($$$) turntables in 10 days during a 9 city drug-fueled blitz across Western Canada in ‘83. Pot from Terry on the Island, shrooms from the store in Edmonton, a coke out with the dealer in Sk’toon, . . . yeah, the 80’s was a great time to be selling wacko fi. :rasta:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So I completed the larfy sob. It took much longer than I would have thought but I did take breaks for a dog walk, make lunch and to make a big batch of chili while my spouse spent most of the day painting the floor tile grout in our 2nd bathroom. Even though my job sucked, it was a whole lot better than painting that floor tile. ;)

Now I only have The Church #1 - aka The Monster - left to cull. It looks like it will be another week or so. And it will be a major chore . . . :rolleyes:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, It used to be white or grey, I think. No amount of scrubbing cleans it anymore due 50-60 years of dirt and stains. You can spend hours scrubbing it and it will look just OK and then be dirty again in a month. So you can buy paint – from stark white to many shades of white, grey or brown to revive it. It does look a whole lot better now.

moose eater

We're often not getting within 15 degrees f. of our projected high temps, even on the same day.

Did most of the driveway yesterday afternoon, in order to drive into town without turning the 8" of snow we'd received into more hardpack in the driveway (it was supposed to be 1" to 3"). Otherwise it turns into a sea of slush during break-up in the Spring.

Still have more clean-up to do out there in the places not typically driven on in the larger turn-around areas.

Didn't get much above -9 f. yesterday here, though the forecast had called for something like +7 f. or so.

We were -18 f. on the front porch this AM., again with a prediction of +8 f. for a high today. I don't think we'll see even 0 f., let alone positive digits.

I'm starting to think the NOAA forecasters are running for office or something, with the frequency with which their 3 computer systems/programs still can't agree, and continue to put out bullshit re. accuracy in their reports.

Yes, it's gotten more complicated, even for their computers, with climate change.

Now we're expecting another "(up to) 3"" of snow tonight and tomorrow morning, roads still aren't plowed out this way from the 8" we received 2 days ago or so, and I need to get a vehicle into a shop tomorrow AM, early, in town.

I guess we're making up for the snow we were expecting earlier in the Winter, it being a La Nina Winter and all, and that will mean more likelihood of there being overflow on the less windy lakes in the mountains when we get out there. Fishing in the wind, or fishing in the water on top of the ice.. Take your pick.

I'd like a custom ordered Winter, maybe. Or at least for some semblance of accuracy in forecasts. I mean, some people make plans based on that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts