What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
WAAAAY HIGH!!

And it wil require loud music, maybe on a loop, at least in your head, or a decent FM station with minimal bullshit in ads (good luck on that one these days), potentialy some non-cannabis drugs (coffee? cocaine? Hallucinogens, but not too much?), and someone to trim with for company and humor. Fighting can be a good distraction, too, should it come to that.

Tiger Balm for the pinched nerves between your shoulder blades, but then who ever applies the TB wil have to go take a break for a while to scrub their hands, because that shit sticks around for a while if not properly scrubbed a half-dozen times..

Short of that, I haven't found any cannabis buzz that did anything but -eventually- turn it into the monotony that we all know it to be. And then it was nap time... Or what ever.

Well . . . here is is after dinner now and I still have one stalk to complete. I took it slowly today with lots of breaks and lots of varied tokes. I started listening to a Tidal new music stream and that led to some amapiano African beats that worked nicely for background tunes. I also had to take some help breaks since I am acting as the technical 'expert' on a small tile project my wife has on the go. Now it is more music and more drugs to complete my task . . . :rasta: A switch is music though to my personal; best of 2022 . . .

moose eater

Well . . . here is is after dinner now and I still have one stalk to complete. I took it slowly today with lots of breaks and lots of varied tokes. I started listening to a Tidal new music stream and that led to some amapiano African beats that worked nicely for background tunes. I also had to take some help breaks since I am acting as the technical 'expert' on a small tile project my wife has on the go. Now it is more music and more drugs to complete my task . . . :rasta: A switch is music though to my personal; best of 2022 . . .
Some tasks require a 'sound-track' of the mind. Runnning a crab gilling machine at break-neck speed, or trimming ganja without a stereo, sufficient white noise to allow what ever memory of music in the mind.

Changing tasks regularly helps as well.

We would often piece-meal our way through 2.5 to 5 lbs., depending on the mission at the time, and the pinched nerves between the shoulder blades (along with monotony) were the biggest factors, hands-down. That, and sitting in a hardwood chair in a windowless room, with a thin kitchen chair cushion under your bum.

If ever 'the System' wants to get creative, and in similar vain as the old chain gangs, I think a more than suitably torturous sentence would be for inmates to trim ganja with no smoke breaks allowed.

I know that would deter me from most criminal activity. Or at least those crimes that I hadn't yet convinced myself I'd never be prosecuted for.

buzzmobile

Veteran
This man was at Kent State on May 4, 1971, a year after the shootings. What came to be known as Kent State Day.

When I was at OCCUPY WALL ST in Manhattan, writing and being present, then moved to 2 locations of OCCUPY in Washington, D.C.. he was present at McPherson Square, and I didn't know it. I missed my long-time hero by who knows how many seconds. Maybe looked into his eyes speaking, and had no clue it was him. I regret that.

We used to listen to this recording every May 4 in remembrance.

The man had heart, soul, courage and a gift. The days when we beat our opposition with humor and making them into the absurdity they are/were.

I miss those days. Truly.

Sent that one to WATCH LATER.
Thanks

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm currently being held down by equal parts pot brownie and warm fluffy kitty.

The cat rattles in time

With blinky eyes

His or mine?

Couch, like kitty, is fluffier than the bed, mostly just because we are here instead

Gravity increases, rattles turn to snores

Damn it kitty and cursed pot brownie!

I can't even get my feet on the floor!
I like the way you did that.
:D

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Remember when a stove used to just cook shit? I do. Today's stoves and ovens are electronic - like everything else. Our's stopped just after lunch. Error F11. That's a bad one btw. A same day repair guy ($255) told us that it needs a new $955 board. This is all for a 15 year old gas/electric range that is cosmetically showing its age as well. And all of the cosmetic parts are NLA. And the repair guy said that one of the biggest causes of failure now is boards that overheat frying components because of the self clean option that all women love. Fuck. Now we are shopping for a new one.

Three Berries

Remember when a stove used to just cook shit? I do. Today's stoves and ovens are electronic - like everything else. Our's stopped just after lunch. Error F11. That's a bad one btw. A same day repair guy ($255) told us that it needs a new $955 board. This is all for a 15 year old gas/electric range that is cosmetically showing its age as well. And all of the cosmetic parts are NLA. And the repair guy said that one of the biggest causes of failure now is boards that overheat frying components because of the self clean option that all women love. Fuck. Now we are shopping for a new one.
I still have my original to the house in 1960 GE built in. Had to replace the element once. And I have to add 50F to the temp setting.

moose eater

I was told a couple years ago by a service repair and sales outlet here (with a decent reputation) that even with the higher-end appliances, most are liiterally built with planned obsolescence in mind, and intended to last 4 years on the average.

If you got 15 years out of an oven, you're among the more fortunate.

We have routine gray-outs in our power supply here, due to miles ansd miles of right-of-ways that don't get proper tree and brush maintenance, so the lights flicker with snow loads, wind, submerged ground connections, etc., and the high-end digital stuff can take a beating during all that flickering.

Thus we needed a motherboard in a 2-year old (at that time) relatively expensive, stainless steel, bottom freezer refrigerator of name-brand quality.

I now have the whole house on a surge protector (though with lower joules rating than I'd prefer), and individual at-wall-outlet surge protectors on the HE 2.6 HRV and the $10,000 Energy Kinetics boiler, as well as computers, stereos., etc. still taking the time to unplug them from their outlets or turn off breakers/power supplies when the power goes out, anticipating that when it comes back on, there's often more flickering involved; 'dirty' current.

The local electric co-op has a recording that says that they apologize for any inconvenience, when phoning them re. power outages, etc.. That's nice of them, but what about the equipment that costs thousands of dollars? Apologies? Cash!!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I now have the whole house on a surge protector

Since you live rurally, that is wise. I only have my pute and the house modem on a UPS. When I was still working, my pute had info that I could not lose so I babied it and the modem kept wifi running in the house during outages. Here in the city, they are not frequent but there are often grid switching spikes and momentary outages that test the integrity of the household array of power supplies and lamp filaments. Of course, lamp filaments are going dodo anyway so that will be a thing of the past . . . :rasta:

I have a nice new shiny stove here waiting for the gas guy who is coming at 9 am. I can and will do any plumbing or electrical job in the house but I won't screw with natural gas.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You can sometimes see pics of similar bull moose (and cows too) in nearly albino white.

Maybe the Sioux had the wrong species in mind?
could be, but i bet they didn't see many moose out on the plains. i've been wrong before though, lol. historians say bighorn sheep and elk frequented the plains prior to Europeans fucking things up. no reason that the moose couldn't have been hanging around in the river bottoms then too. saw a pic of a white buffalo born on one of the reservations out west a few months back. from my reading, MANY First Nation folks showing up to see it. a potent omen in their religion.

moose eater

could be, but i bet they didn't see many moose out on the plains. i've been wrong before though, lol. historians say bighorn sheep and elk frequented the plains prior to Europeans fucking things up. no reason that the moose couldn't have been hanging around in the river bottoms then too. saw a pic of a white buffalo born on one of the reservations out west a few months back. from my reading, MANY First Nation folks showing up to see it. a potent omen in their religion.
Moose previously existed (before being replanted) in Northern Mid-West states, I believe. Might have been mild overlap with theother plains critters.

Likely few to no moose down in southern Montana or Wyoming back then, though.

But maybe they were waiting on the return of the Great White Moose and didn't realize it? (Not me, rather the rumenant..).

Reactions: Gry

Latest posts

Latest posts