What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Three Berries

CHICAGO—The first time John Viramontes saw monk parakeets in the wild, they were far from their native home in South America, feeding in a trash-strewn patch of grass beneath an elevated freeway that towers over industrial riverfront and abandoned steel mills on the city’s far south side.

The non-native birds have become an unlikely fixture in the urban landscape of the Windy City, where large numbers of the striking green-and-gray parakeets live year-round.

“It’s jarring,” said Mr. Viramontes, a 71-year-old retired accountant who typically goes birding at a forested nature preserve on the city’s west side, rather than underneath the elevated Chicago Skyway near the Indiana border. “There’s beer bottles over there, and there’s garbage over here, and they’re surviving. It’s almost surreal.”

moose eater

A simple plumbing job never is a simple plumbing job.
I think the Buddha said that.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Super Lemon Haze scissor hash from this last June needs a warning label on the canister, but if I start the design of that label while under its influence, there's no telling the breadth the project might achieve, or any estimated date of completion.

moose eater

Medscape just published another study. This one states that vegetarians suffer from depression more often.

Did some thinking re. variables that might contribute to this, other than a clear cause and effect correlation. Seems to be there's a number of them, off the top of my head.

Many vegetarians seem to be more aware or 'woke' re. the world's ills, including corporate farming of livestock. Awareness might lead to greater depression. I would hope it does. It should.

Vegetarianism, specifically veganism, is frequently prescribed or subscribed to by folks with cancer. Cancer can certainly be depressing.

There are other possible variables, but those were the first 2 off the top of my head.

Time for some uncured sausage now.

moose eater

electric water line in was freezing and water pump kept kicking and off for some reason on blew out seal on top panel element part in tomorrow should be fixed hopefully
So your in-line to the heater was freezing, or the tank itself?

Too close to a cold spot or cold wall?

Ironically, many folks claim their hot water will freeze before cold lines, but I haven't seen that.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Ironically, many folks claim their hot water will freeze before cold lines, but I haven't seen that.
hot water temps drop faster because it has more to lose. i don't know if i buy the "it freezes faster" deal or not. should be easy to test though, if we had any aspiring scientists aboard...;) me, i'm a philosopher myself.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
So your in-line to the heater was freezing, or the tank itself?

Too close to a cold spot or cold wall?

inline to water pump comes through wall and is close too probably wasnt the best spot for it. my cold freezes before hot for sure doesnt help the house is old stone foundation

experienced

What is CES?
Do you REALLY want to know? What happens if this piece of left brain popcorn is the piece that finally overloads your circuits and you become a gibbering drooling wreck of the incredible human you once were?
Then you'd only be useful for shark bait somewhere like the great barrier reef ... har har har har ...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
A convention for self-important fucks.
i thought those were all in DC voting for Speaker of the House ? uh, i mean against him. i agree for once with the talking heads on TV. you can't let 20 fucking morons tell 200 people what to do... both parties have let the damned wingnuts on both flanks control things...i understand, the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". someone needs to shove a grease gun up their ass & tell them to STFU and go sit in the corner... "when i want to know what you think, i'll fucking beat it out of you!" :tiphat: