What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

So I've got this friend Todd, thinks he can do no wrong, a real bullshit artist too. Likes to lie about having owned a Harley back in Chicago in the '80s, but when he finally bought one last year he asked me (I've owned 5 of them) every beginners question that there was, worse yet to prove his lies is that his so called 'previous' hog would have been identical, except for the year, in every way to the one he just bought :dunno: He even asked me how to change the oil :nono:

Anyway I allowed him to keep his guns safe @ my house (he walked up to my gun vault w/2 guns in hand, I said "wtf are you doing there? your guns can get leaned on the walls in that corner") plus the use of my garage to store his bike all winter, he's also storing a big pile (buckets, cans & boxes) of assorted hardware, nuts, bolts, screws, fasteners etc on the floor in the storage end of my building, a big pile.

He was supposed to install a very small window air conditioner for me last year, I bought it in mid June, it went uninstalled all summer long. Instead I relied on my huge 25 yr old a/c unit, it made it through the year but my power bills were high as it needed to cool 1800 sq ft, this smaller unit will only be cooling 350 sq ft. He's been dodging this obligation for weeks again, on Friday he called to cancel complaining about a sudden nose bleed.

Todd goes in for a colonoscopy on Thursday and had the balls to ask me for a ride to & from the hospital as they told him that he wouldn't be allowed to drive. btw, to & from the hospital means 2 round trips (150 miles total) to Bemidji as I don't need to be shopping, sight-seeing or waiting on his friggin' ass, cheap pun intended. I told him that I have a prior obligation in International Falls, far from Bemidji.

What I did do however was to hire my friend Hank to install it tomorrow, Hank's also going to move Todd's pile of shit (unintended pun) outside for me. btw, Todd holds this hardware in the highest regard, it belonged to his dearly departed father, he travelled all the way to Chicago to pick this crap up.

For the last few days he'll only answer my calls after sunset when it'd be too late to get started, and now he'll be writing off the next 5 or 6 days to having to take preparatory meds & the discomfort of the procedure. Just to ruin his day on Thursday I'll be calling him @ 11pm or so the night before and telling him that his crap is sitting outside, and I'm going to put a 'FREE HARDWARE PILE' sign on it.

I'm on the state highway in rural minnesota, everybody here tinkers & does their own repairs, I think first tinkerer or wrench driving by with a pickup truck who sees the sign would likely take it all. Todd's gonna have to send one or both of his sons to pick it up.

N

noyd666

funniest yarn I heard all day. might be best to block the barrels on his guns lol.

Genghis Kush

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need...." - Acts 2:44-45

minds_I

Veteran
I swear when the man talks about himself, which is like every minute, he does it with the gusto of a man sucking his own dick.

minds_I

Veteran
The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia. Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford were guilty of the crimes they were charged with. He had never seen the photograph that disproved their guilt. It had never existed, he had invented it. He remembered remembering contrary things, but those were false memories, products of self-deception.

Truth and reason are weapons of the powerless against the powerful. There is no external doctrine he can be measured against, not even conservative dogma, which he embraces or discards at will and with no recognition of having done so. His personal version of truth is that of multiple truths, the only consistent element of which is that he himself is always, by definition, correct. His mind is so difficult to grapple with because it is an authoritarian epistemology that lies outside the democratic norms that have shaped all of our collective experiences.

Genghis Kush

`You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, `that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

Genghis Kush

“This piece of rudeness was more than Alice could bear: she got up in great disgust, and walked off; the Dormouse fell asleep instantly, and neither of the others took the least notice of her going, though she looked back once or twice, half hoping that they would call after her: the last time she saw them, they were trying to put the Dormouse into the teapot.

At any rate I'll never go THERE again!' said Alice as she picked her way through the wood. "It's the stupidest tea-party I ever was at in all my life!”

minds_I

Veteran
Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet-Cong...Varmint-Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote.

minds_I

Veteran
What does it say when the author of "The Shining and Pet Cemetery" says that the Republican Nominee scares the shit out of him? (Bill Maher)

Latest posts

Latest posts