What's new

TOP(potency/yield) 50 day or less strains?

pokergod

potency and yield are the main criterion here with ease of trim and bag appeal further down...

So you are only looking for the holy grail. That should be no problem to find. Lets see, 50 day finisher, potent, high yield, easy to trim, and bag appeal, why don't we add that it has to be purple. :moon:

whodair

Veteran
So you are only looking for the holy grail. That should be no problem to find. Lets see, 50 day finisher, potent, high yield, easy to trim, and bag appeal, why don't we add that it has to be purple. :moon:

some purple hues at 50 day for ya ...

picture.php

the old seedbank stuff may have been closer to landrace genetics as they hadnt been in dutch hands that long at the time ...

keat

I do belive clones often flower quicker than plants started from seed.

Anyhow i've mostly grown sativas so i dont cant help much.
Why the 50 days?

Maybe you should try some ruderalis? make a own cross?

M-39 good luck getting ahold of this oldie but it pumps out some basketball sized nugs but 50 days ??? i chop everything at day 60 not a day more or less sitting around and waiting on trichs to just develope just right pfft next crop

chongsbuddy

Veteran
there aRE A LOT OF STRAINS OUR THERE WITH VARIED FINISHING TIMES.if you want a true 50 day finisher you have to grow out numbers of seeds,veg out,take clones and then use the clone of the fastest finishing pheno.it is hard work for sure man!!the best we can do is give you some strains that produce between 45-65 days or something like that.and you do the work.it took me 6 years to come up with a true 7 week finisher,but i did.the strain is dynamite from next gen.there is a pheno that finishes in exactly 50 days,really nice high,amazing bag appeal and the taste and smell are of the best.i did not do the work,but i am friends with a collective that keep plants in veg for as long as possible and the other guy does the budding...you know what i mean.nothing wrong with asking tons of questions,its how i learned what i know.having a couple extra places to keep plants in vwg is very valuable to me.

S

Surfr

there aRE A LOT OF STRAINS OUR THERE WITH VARIED FINISHING TIMES.if you want a true 50 day finisher you have to grow out numbers of seeds,veg out,take clones and then use the clone of the fastest finishing pheno.it is hard work for sure man!!the best we can do is give you some strains that produce between 45-65 days or something like that.and you do the work.it took me 6 years to come up with a true 7 week finisher,but i did.the strain is dynamite from next gen.there is a pheno that finishes in exactly 50 days,really nice high,amazing bag appeal and the taste and smell are of the best.i did not do the work,but i am friends with a collective that keep plants in veg for as long as possible and the other guy does the budding...you know what i mean.nothing wrong with asking tons of questions,its how i learned what i know.having a couple extra places to keep plants in vwg is very valuable to me.

Ahhhh yes.. How could I forget about Dynamite! Def try some dynamite.. Shit is dank. I used to grow it about 6 years ago.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
When I think of fast and easy, I think of women, not weed. Weed is worth the extra time and effort.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to give some advice on finishing strains in the least amount of time possible. First off hydroponics is the way to go, compared to soil you usually can easily shave off 7 - 10 days just because of the simple fact that growth is faster and nutrients are more readily available.

Second is to have BRIGHT lights, you need as much light as possible to grow buds fast and have them mature quickly. We are not talking about 25 watts per sq. ft. I am talking 50 - 60+ watts per sq ft of HID and preferably Hortilux HPS bulbs.

Next you need CO2 enrichment at around 1200 -1500 ppm and cut it off after the first 5 weeks to let the buds mature because CO2 will delay ripening and promote longer flowering times if you use it all the way to the end.

Last thing is to make sure you use sexually mature clones from parent plants that have shown sex naturally and displayed an alternate node pattern which suggests the plant is ready to reproduce.

Follow this simple yet very effective advice above and there is no reason you can't finish many Indica based strains in 6 to 7 weeks and they be fully mature. Love & light to you all. :canabis:

bambi

fast flowering strains.

fast flowering strains.

I think if we were talking commercial growing and what best suits this along with a strong high and great bag appeal would be the following varietys ive been busy with the last 3 years, by the way im more of a private hobby breeder than a commercial grower, i just need to grow out alot of shit is all, lol but true to that"

The Afghanni number one (peppery pheno) sensi seeds finishes around day 42-45 like the breeders state, although many of the other affie num/1 phenos finish around 8-9 weeks, so best to buy atleast 2 pkts of ten seeds when looking for plants like this one,

My personal favourite at the moement is a MIKADO plant i kept from 2 pkts of seeds i purchased off federation seeds of canada, i had nine mothers yet only one of these was worth keeping,
the rest were either too leafy,or had too many hermie flowers appearing on the lower branchs' Now this can be a problem with most fast flowering strains, they tend to self seed on the very bottom branchs,not enough to worry about though, I usually chop off these lower branchs anyhow to produce more energy into the top of the plant,

This one mikado plant doesnt self seed or show any hermie bananas though, its a nice mellow strong high that really lasts a while like the breeder states, bag appeal is top notch and fetchs the highst price around my part of the woods,the dried buds stay very tight and hard glistening with alot of resin content it really does pack on with a superb strong skunk odour, its taste is kind'a fruity, and is ready to chop at 45 days i shit you not, if left to go a week longer then it will get a little bit tighter looking etc, but not enough to warrent another week of precious time,all for another 8-12 grams just isnt worth the risk,
As far as yield goes its about average as a CLONE only okay,
as a seed you will produce around twice as much, comercially speaking clones are they way to go, the only draw back for the mikado is the vege time, a very slow vege time this one, needs about one week more than most other indicas about,

I would sugest the kodiak gold, but its no longer available unless you have a mate with some stashed away, 7 weeker and mind blowing shit too, hard hard buds, shame its no longer about really,

Sensi skunk is another fast one, only ive heard it doesnt pack on much ice, same for the top/44 variety,

I keep away from strains like bubblegum,bubbleberry,blueberry as too many folks around here put it down,calling it Girls pot, as its not very strong as far as high goes, there not meant to be i know, the stupersonic from sagamartha seeds is very fast and high yielding, but has a mild high, its a swiss plant and probably why its not very strong,

Alot of sagamartha's varietys ive found over the years have the highest yields when it comes to growing them out as clones, like the slyder plant, great yielder as a clone only, 8-9 weeks flowering though,
By using a fast flowering strain i now get in 5 grows per year instead of 4,thus taking into account a 2 week vege time and 5 day drying cycle in the g/room aswell' i still get time for 5 grows,nearly 6,

These fast types ive grown or am growing grow extremely well in hot temps, the mikado still packs on the resin, while the affie num/1 doesnt produce as many crystals in hot temps, but still grows well for those conditions anyhow,

If you want any photo's just sing out, im not sure if ive got any here or not,? perhaps in my old photo gallery, been a while since ive been online is all, hope this helped some what.
=affi/num/1 sensi seeds"

C

CANNATOPIA

I to recomend any Northern Light Cross or Northern Lights by itself. I have had good luck with her flowering out quite nicely at 56 days and sooner.

simos

With an environment similar to what was described above by SOTF420, there are a lot of indica dominant strains that'll be done in 7 weeks or less.

The fact that you're interested in a really short flowering period and high yield suggests you're a-goin' commercial. With that in mind, Green Crack and Cindy '99 are probably your best bets - lovely smell, big yield, great bag appeal, etc. They'll never touch an elite, 9 to 11 week sativa-dominant hybrid's potency, but they'll sell equally well.

Money grubbing dispensaries often have them up on the $50-60 top shelf, and I've often seen less knowledgeable stoners going bonkers about the smell/look at the counter next to me (particularly about Green Crack, as it has proliferated far and wide in the med community). For someone with a high tolerance, they won't be very medicinally useful, but are pleasant smokes nevertheless.

Good luck with your endeavors

With an environment similar to what was described above by SOTF420, there are a lot of indica dominant strains that'll be done in 7 weeks or less.

The fact that you're interested in a really short flowering period and high yield suggests you're a-goin' commercial. With that in mind, Green Crack and Cindy '99 are probably your best bets - lovely smell, big yield, great bag appeal, etc. They'll never touch an elite, 9 to 11 week sativa-dominant hybrid's potency, but they'll sell equally well.

Money grubbing dispensaries often have them up on the $50-60 top shelf, and I've often seen less knowledgeable stoners going bonkers about the smell/look at the counter next to me (particularly about Green Crack, as it has proliferated far and wide in the med community). For someone with a high tolerance, they won't be very medicinally useful, but are pleasant smokes nevertheless.

Good luck with your endeavors

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND GREEN CRACK PHENOMENON IS CAUSE BY SOME RUMOR THAT SNOOP DOGG REFUSES TO SMOKE ANYTHIGN ELSE WELL I'VE HAD THE GREEN CRACK AND IF THATS ALL HE'LL SMOKE WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY
ANY GREEN CRACK I'VE EVER SEEN IS A LOW YIELDER STRAGLLY AND OVERALL JUST NOT AN IMPRESSIVE PLANT DECENT AROMA BUT SMELL ISNT WHAT HAS THAT MEDICAL PUNCH WHICH AS A MEDICAL USER THATS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR oops i just realized it was all in caps im a hunter and a pecker when it comes to typing :)

jm420

Veteran
A couple phenos of Ice cream make the cut but like someone said I wait at least 60

S

Surfr

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND GREEN CRACK PHENOMENON IS CAUSE BY SOME RUMOR THAT SNOOP DOGG REFUSES TO SMOKE ANYTHIGN ELSE WELL I'VE HAD THE GREEN CRACK AND IF THATS ALL HE'LL SMOKE WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY
ANY GREEN CRACK I'VE EVER SEEN IS A LOW YIELDER STRAGLLY AND OVERALL JUST NOT AN IMPRESSIVE PLANT DECENT AROMA BUT SMELL ISNT WHAT HAS THAT MEDICAL PUNCH WHICH AS A MEDICAL USER THATS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR oops i just realized it was all in caps im a hunter and a pecker when it comes to typing :)

Doesn't sound like you have had the real Green Crack then my friend.. The real cut, is a fat yielder, dank as all hell, and finished in 50 days.. it's not the strongest herb out there but it def is no slouch.

Baba Ku

Veteran
Many strains and hybrids will make a surge in girth and possibly even resin during the very last days before it is completely ripe. Taking these sorts of plant early can rob them of their best stuff. It is almost a shame to see them chopped early.

I have grown lots of bubblegums, and they tend to fatten and frost up early. The last days with them is usually just a maturing of what is already there. You could take them earlier and not loose much sack weight and bg always provides a great buzz as well as good looking pot. But I have no idea what bubblegum vendor to try.

To get 7 indoor grows a year out takes being on top of the game. I like to shoot for 5-6 with quality in mind. Many times I find myself gauging things to what my strains ask for, rather than what I have in mind. That often requires me throwing the calender out the window.

Latest posts

Latest posts