What's new

TOP(potency/yield) 50 day or less strains?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Deep Chunk is supposed to be awesome. 50 days is very short time for any cannabis plant. They are out there though. You can take a plant at 50 days, but you will ultimately lose potency and yield. The last few weeks are vital to most varieties.

Speed Queen from Mandala??

I have not grown either strains mentioned, although I have grown Chemchunk from Benji...certain pheno's were insanely quick...and good to boot.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Wow... what a difference ten days makes.

:rolleyes:

Find a good strain that is potent, it won't yeild heavy.

Find a good strain that yeilds heavy, it won't be super potent.

There has always been that trade-off.

You're limiting yourself even moreso by cutting your flowering timeframe to 50 days.

Might I suggest a strain named Red Herring? :D

S

Surfr

Green Crack is you have access to it finishes in 50 days... Look at some of Bogs strains.. He has a few 50 day finishers.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
BOG's Lifesaver is supposed to be a good yielder and finishes in like 50 days. C99 is a fast finisher at 49 days but yields may vary. Some original Afghans from various seed banks finish in the 50 day range and probally yield pretty well. It's hard to find a strain that yields large with a fast finish time.

The grapefruit pheno of c99 is a good yeilder, fairly easy to work with and is ready in approximately 56 days, maybe a little earlier if you're using co2.

Top yield, potency and a 50 day flower time is a tall order.

HUGE

Veteran
Space Jill/space queen f3. It's 1 pheno was dine in 55 extremely potent, great bag appeal. Buy low to moderate yield if you train it.

northan lights northan lights northan lights

you will not find a plant that powerfull that finishs that quick that yields that good !!

its 40 years old and its still unsurpassed when you add up them 3

power+speed+yeild !!!

G

Guest50138

If you like skunk,this plant is a good one for yeild and she is potent Paridise Seeds Belladonna ,The plant here was a cutting plant that was planted out as an afterthough and she yeilded well over a pound,she was only in a 30 lt tub but grew through and taped into the ground, we used to get gram per watt easy with this girl and finish in 7 weeks the only negative thing to say is she was a real bitch to trim! and that gram a watt ,newbie's on their first grow used to get that just keeping it simple! :)
picture.php

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Faster flowering phenos like this can be found in the Shishkaberry or Sweet Tooth line-up from Spice of Life seeds. Right now seeds from neither are really available but Sweet Tooth beans should be available close to Christmas time from Deluxe Seeds/ Kootenay.:canabis:

whodair

Veteran
something from the 1980s seedbank

something from the 1980s seedbank

find an old clone, from the time when yield and potency ruled !! the smells may not be as exotic, but a 51 day flowering is your consolation.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

old creeper very low odor

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
It never ceases to amazes, after years and years of forums going, that this question is still asked.

First off, there is no such thing as a 50 day strain. Anybody saying otherwise is lying and you're losing weight and potency if you cut it down in 50 days.

Second, you need to read more. Growing weed is hard work, takes a lot of money and is riddled with failure.

Third, you need to evaluate what you have access to, and what your market base is interested in. In CA, its not as simple as the highest yield, yadayadayada. People want what they want; IE: Og kush, purple *whatever*, Sour D, ect. If you're just in the midwest and it doesn't matter.

AK47
Double Dutch
Bubblegum (serious seeds)
LUI (legends ultimate indica)
Chronic (not the best, but high yield)
Critical mass (" ")

All of these are available to order from seed companies. I suggest using Seedbay or Gypsy's seed service. Both have done well for me in the past.

PS: ReadReadReadReadReadReadReadReadRead

How about basic Afghani? Should be like 45 days?
I had 2 afghani plants this spring, but they were males, so I have not yet been able to test their flowering time. Also Silver Pearl is known with short flowering time, but myself I would not touch it until sure can have potent cut of that.

It never ceases to amazes, after years and years of forums going, that this question is still asked.

First off, there is no such thing as a 50 day strain. Anybody saying otherwise is lying and you're losing weight and potency if you cut it down in 50 days.

Second, you need to read more. Growing weed is hard work, takes a lot of money and is riddled with failure.

Third, you need to evaluate what you have access to, and what your market base is interested in. In CA, its not as simple as the highest yield, yadayadayada. People want what they want; IE: Og kush, purple *whatever*, Sour D, ect. If you're just in the midwest and it doesn't matter.

AK47
Double Dutch
Critical mass (" ")

All of these are available to order from seed companies. I suggest using Seedbay or Gypsy's seed service. Both have done well for me in the past.

disagree totaly !!! northan lights and hash plant !!!

both ready at 45 days give it to 50 for that extra kick anymore its over kill !!!

even the breeders say the same !

so they are some out there !!!

not many though ill give you that !

S

Surfr

AK47
Double Dutch
Critical mass (" ")

You could not be anymore wrong... There are MANY TRUE 50 day plants out there. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Latest posts