What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

‘Too Big to Fail’: Russia-gate One Year After VIPS Showed a Leak, Not a Hack

Spaventa

Veteran
Those prices you see under the UK are what the drugs are available for privately. The NHS will probably pay 10 times that and the NHS buyer gets a nice payoff into his off shore account. Don’t be naive. The links I provided show the NHS pay more than what supermarkets here charge for some medecines.

If we could opt out and get our own private medical insurance we would save a fortune but you can’t.

beta

Veteran
Those prices you see under the UK are what the drugs are available for privately. The NHS will probably pay 10 times that and the NHS buyer gets a nice payoff into his off shore account. Don’t be naive. The links I provided show the NHS pay more than what supermarkets here charge for some medecines.

If we could opt out and get our own private medical insurance we would save a fortune but you can’t.

You know that just saying shit doesn't make it true, right?

Spaventa

Veteran
You know that just saying shit doesn't make it true, right?

Yes, that’s why I provided links to reports in reputable publications just a few posts back on #239
You know you need to pay attention and read the thread to contribute anything of value to it, right?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
CBS Morning did a story this morning about the state of Massachusetts prosecuting 8 members of the Sackler family personally (Perdue Pharma) charging that they pushed and misrepresented oxycontin. (400,000 deaths, Many billions profited, 36 states are suing)

After the denials, they interviewed a kid who was addicted. The kid had an interesting statement. He said "They should make them take two per day for two weeks as I was prescribed and see how they end up".

beta

Veteran
I was talking about this claim, which is in no way supported by the links you provided.

Whenever someone uses 'probably' to state a 'fact', they are 'probably' lying.

The NHS will probably pay 10 times that and the NHS buyer gets a nice payoff into his off shore account. Don’t be naive.

beta

Veteran
DEUTSCHE BANK WILLING TO REPORT JARED KUSHNER’S ‘SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTIONS’ TO ROBERT MUELLER: REPORT

A German bank reportedly has evidence of “suspicious transactions” related to Jared Kushner’s family accounts and is willing to hand the information over to Russia probe special counsel Robert Mueller.

The board chairman of the banking giant Deutsche Bank, Paul Achleitner, called for an internal investigation and found troubling results, German business magazine Manager Magazin reported in its print edition released on Friday.

https://www.newsweek.com/deutsche-b...ushners-suspicious-transactions-robert-786011

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
CBS Morning did a story this morning about the state of Massachusetts prosecuting 8 members of the Sackler family personally (Perdue Pharma) charging that they pushed and misrepresented oxycontin. (400,000 deaths, Many billions profited, 36 states are suing)

After the denials, they interviewed a kid who was addicted. The kid had an interesting statement. He said "They should make them take two per day for two weeks as I was prescribed and see how they end up".

thats some good news at least. hopefuly they make an example out of them. strip them of all their ill gotten gains just like any heroin dealer gets stripped of his wealth.

yeah, let them have oxi for 2 weeks and see how their life progresses from there, maybe make it a bit harder and give them some meth daily for 2 weeks with oxi every night to go to sleep. that should just about do it....

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
This is the guy Hippy and I are talking about. He bought a company that makes an AIDS remedy and skyrocketed the price. They called him before congress for his despicable acts. Watch his smug little POS testify below. Hippy made my day finding out he is in jail and I hope they make him as miserable as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIQ_gyiHag

White Beard

ok, i always though those positions were pretty far left in the US system. would the opposite view be right wing?

supporting Berny is centrist in your view is it? getting hard to keep up when these labels change all the time.

Again, ‘left’, ‘right’, and ‘center’ have no *actual* meaning outside of the French Revolution, hammering on them to ‘make it fit’ is a large part of how the universal bullshit machine works in this country.

White Beard

Meh.

When Americans go to Canada and Mexico for meds, you think they are being subsidized by these countries?
View Image
Looks like UK has negotiated better prices than *we* have...perspective is a wonderful thing.

For Spaventa: quite right, we are not talking about *free* education or *free* healthcare. We’re talking about what OUR TAXES pay for, and I’m all for spending our tax money, our public funds, on something other than bailouts, kickbacks, and tax credits for big political donors and the politicians they buy therewith.

Remember how taxes got their bad name: ‘royalty’ and their ‘nobility’ stealing shekels from peasants; you want to get *rid* of taxes, get rid of the SELF-government that is our model, what we’re left with is massive private wealth that can charge anything it wants for anything you might need.

You wanna go BACK to that? With Sherwood Forest filled with cameras, sensors, and a private police force that can kill, imprison or enslave without recourse to fair courts and honest judges.

That’s A LOT to throw away....

Spaventa

Veteran
I was talking about this claim, which is in no way supported by the links you provided.

Whenever someone uses 'probably' to state a 'fact', they are 'probably' lying.

“NHS paying up to £1bn too much for drugs, says report
Researchers claim service is paying over the odds for medication it could buy cheaper in supermarket”

That’s just the headline. You could of at least read that before posting.

Your assertion about the use of the word “probably” is erroneous, like everything else you have posted.

Spaventa

Veteran
Read the thread. I explained that the British NHS don’t pay those lower prices. They pay far higher prices. I also provided proof of it.

Looks like UK has negotiated better prices than *we* have...perspective is a wonderful thing.

For Spaventa: quite right, we are not talking about *free* education or *free* healthcare. We’re talking about what OUR TAXES pay for, and I’m all for spending our tax money, our public funds, on something other than bailouts, kickbacks, and tax credits for big political donors and the politicians they buy therewith.

Remember how taxes got their bad name: ‘royalty’ and their ‘nobility’ stealing shekels from peasants; you want to get *rid* of taxes, get rid of the SELF-government that is our model, what we’re left with is massive private wealth that can charge anything it wants for anything you might need.

You wanna go BACK to that? With Sherwood Forest filled with cameras, sensors, and a private police force that can kill, imprison or enslave without recourse to fair courts and honest judges.

X

xavier7995

Looking at this: https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters

Looks like a way better deal for consumers. Not sure if you are grasping quite how expensive it is to buy insurance and all the shit that they dont cover. I get mine through my work and my contribution is about 13-15 percent of income. Then there are deductibles to be met so i get to shell out another 5k there plus whatever until i hit my max out of pocket. Then you get the pleasure of insurance trying to deny the claims, every single time. Buying on the open market is quite a bit more, 1200+ a month for comparable coverage to what i have now.

I fail to see how cutting the insurance companies out of the equation, and their massive profits, doesnt wind up benefiting consumers.

There is a motive there for the very wealthy to get people to hate a tax based system, their 12% is a way bigger chunk of money than yours. Much like the tax cuts, some got a new yacht while 99% of us got a Costco membership.

Edit: i could have way misunderstood that tax website. Any of you british folks that can shed light on what portion of your taxes go towards healthcare would be much appreciated.

Edit 2: insurance companies here also pay those way higher rates and then pass that cost back to the consumer.

Last edited:

White Beard

Read the thread. I explained that the British NHS don’t pay those lower prices. They pay far higher prices. I also provided proof of it.
*READ* the thread, thanks.

Seems like you’ve got a beef with Jeremy Hunt, and a bunch of badly run trusts, which may be like health insurance here.

Totally understand, this is the land of the $200 toilet seat, after all. But that waste, much of it, goes to enrich the politically powerful...who very often just happen to be very wealthy.

I’m sure that’s all imaginary, though, it must be all those “transgenders” hogging the operating rooms and all the poor people being poor but not dying like the decent poor.

Since the time of the ROMANS, who asked, “cut bono” - who benefits? Look to see where that money is going, whose pockets it ends up in, and then you’ll know something.

White Beard

It seems this needs to be said again:

You wanna go BACK to that? With Sherwood Forest filled with cameras, sensors, and a private police force that can kill, imprison or enslave without recourse to fair courts and honest judges?

And FOR WHAT?

Cannavore

Veteran
Meh.

When Americans go to Canada and Mexico for meds, you think they are being subsidized by these countries?
View Image

I love when right wing canucks and brits think they got it bad lmfao. They dont have a clue.

2016 numbers. Theyre worse now:
Health-expenditure-per-capita-2015.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meh.

View Image
I'm not exactly sure of what your question meant.

When I had some wealth I was paying cash for meds because going to any insurance company w/a pre-existing condition meant huge co-pays or flat out denial.

I ordered over the phone my meds from Canada, they could send me everything except any narcotic type meds like my Ambien, or any opiates for that matter. But I'd always insist on meds manufactured in Canada, otherwise they'll send meds made in Asian countries that I didn't trust.

One blood pressure med was $280 p/m here, or a 3 month supply for $99 from Canada... $9.33 per pill here, or again just $1.10 there. I almost fainted when I learned how much I'd save.

Not all meds were cheaper in Canada, often priced just the same as here, in those instances I purchased my drugs here in hopes of better or more stringent controls for production.

EDIT:
btw Zeez, in your chart is one drug I take, Nexium, & I can attest that the cash price is right there @ $300 or so, and correct, in Canada only $30; how can they do that :dunno: 10 to 1.

Drugs mfg here are regulated, scrutinized then taxed, and compelled via retail price to turn a high profit margin. The vetting process through the DEA as you know takes years before a new drug can come to market here. That means investors $$$$$$$ are tied up for years, only way to square that later is with high drug prices here in the states.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
I love when right wing canucks and brits think they got it bad lmfao. They dont have a clue.

We wait 4 hours to be seen in ER and 18 month for surgery.

Patients frequently catch MRSA in the hospital and they don’t buy the latest meds, just the cheap ones, and over pay for them.

They spend our contributions giving people gender reassignment surgery and paying office workers 500k a year.

The doctors don’t speak fluent English so things go wrong through miscommunication

The best bit? We don’t have the option to take our business somewhere else like you do. You are one with no clue.

You can choose who you pay to cover your healthcare, you don’t know how lucky you are and you want to throw that freedom away and be told what you pay and to who and what standard of care you will receive. You want to be dictated to and forced to buy what they are selling, even if it’s a turd. People who have a clue, because they have experienced BOTH private and nationalised, will choose the former, freedom of choice.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm not exactly sure of what your question meant.

Hey S4L, The guy from England was saying that their drugs were really more expensive than ours. The purchase price was cheep due to their national health care system, but their government actually paid more than us in America due to inefficiency.

I think that is BS because we can buy many drugs in Canada and Mexico way cheeper than here in the US. I doubt that Canada and Mexico would pay to subsidize Americans looking for bargains. They get better prices because they buy direct from the manufacturer and they buy in bulk for the whole country.