What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

‘Too Big to Fail’: Russia-gate One Year After VIPS Showed a Leak, Not a Hack

Gry

Veteran
The pharmaceutical industry long ago structured price like a global racket set up to squeeze out the most can everywhere.

X

xavier7995

I am curious why canada and the uk both outperform the usa in every study done on healthcare quality. Grass is always greener i suppose.

Spaventa

Veteran
I am curious why canada and the uk both outperform the usa in every study done on healthcare quality. Grass is always greener i suppose.

Maybe because the studies are bullshit. Britain ain’t so fucking great these days.
5th biggest economy in the world, 3rd in Europe and we got beggars on the streets of London and homeless sleeping in doorways.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Maybe because the studies are bullshit. Britain ain’t so fucking great these days.
5th biggest economy in the world, 3rd in Europe and we got beggars on the streets of London and homeless sleeping in doorways.

I'm not trying to slam the UK but I lived in Europe and have worked in every country. For years. The national health care system in the UK is the crappiest in Europe. Compared to Germany, It's like a 15 year old Vauxhall made in Lutton compared to a new Mercedes AMG SL65.

You're right, It aint so great.

Spaventa

Veteran
I'm not trying to slam the UK but I lived in Europe and have worked in every country. For years. The national health care system in the UK is the crappiest in Europe. Compared to Germany, It's like a 15 year old Vauxhall made in Lutton compared to a new Mercedes AMG SL65.

You're right, It aint so great.

Luton? I grew up there in the 1990s. It’s where Tommy Robinson and the UK cheese clone come from. I go over there regularly to see old friends but man, what a shithole!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Luton? I grew up there in the 1990s. It’s where Tommy Robinson and the UK cheese clone come from. I go over there regularly to see old friends but man, what a shithole!

Yeah, Y'know the Fortie Crest Hotel in town. My buddy almost fell out of his chair in the fancy restaurant when a nice little tart brought the desert trolley and told him about the Spotted Dick. We used to take the train into London all the time. I think it went to Crystal Palace.:biggrin:

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah, Y'know the Fortie Crest Hotel in town. My buddy almost fell out of his chair in the fancy restaurant when a nice little tart brought the desert trolley and told him about the Spotted Dick. We used to take the train into London all the time. I think it went to Crystal Palace.:biggrin:

I know the place you mean. I lived over bury park sides, Dorrington Close to be exact.

White Beard

First off, stop pretending to yourself that your experience in UK w/ NHS informs you *at all* about things here in the US. You’ll sound much smarter if you stop imagining our situations are equivalent.

You’ll also stop thinking we’re somehow *you*. Maybe. Someday.
Still, we seem to have much in common:

We wait 4 hours to be seen in ER and 18 month for surgery.
Shit, I’ve known people waited 13 hours in an ER. 4 hours is kinda normal here. It’s true, people don’t wait 18 months for surgery here: they either have the money, or good enough insurance (the two actually go together), or they don’t get the surgery. All those dying people leave the operating rooms just sitting there...no reason the highest bidder shouldn’t get it, eh?

“spaventa” said:
Patients frequently catch MRSA in the hospital and they don’t buy the latest meds, just the cheap ones, and over pay for them.
Ho-HUM! Are you pretending that people in the US *dont’* catch things in hospital? Many of us avoid hospitals like the plague - because, well, people get sick there.... people (almost) never get drugs for free here, we pay for them - even folks on Medicare don’t get handed drugs, unless that particular doctor happens to have samples of what Big Pharma is pushing.... I’ve gotten well that route myself, and more than once.

Guaranteed, though: Medicare, insurance or out-of-pocket, we rarely have any say in whether we get brand-name or generic medications. But at least THE GOVERNMENT isn’t paying for them....

“spaventa” said:
They spend our contributions giving people gender reassignment surgery and paying office workers 500k a year.

The doctors don’t speak fluent English so things go wrong through miscommunication

Ours spend our “contributions” giving each other raises, consultancies, no-bid contracts, perpetual stipends...that bit about a 500k “office worker” sounds like bullshit, though.

“spaventa” said:
The best bit? We don’t have the option to take our business somewhere else like you do. You are one with no clue.

You can choose who you pay to cover your healthcare, you don’t know how lucky you are and you want to throw that freedom away and be told what you pay and to who and what standard of care you will receive.
This gets funnier as I go along...so, you’re saying there are *NO* private’s physicians or hospitals in the UK? At ALL?

I find that *very* hard to believe....

As inferred, I’m on Medicare. It’s as close as we have to the NHS - which is to say, they are NOTHING alike. When last I was on private insurance, it cost me $600/month, and all it paid for was office visits and discount prescriptions, but EVERY TEST was entirely at the patient’s expense. The $5000 annual deductible was fun, too, as I’ve never been sick enough long enough to pay that much in a year. I went off insurance at that point, because my monthly insurance was half-again as much as my house payment.

Yeah, I’m so glad we have such great choices, you should be so lucky.

My doctor, BTW, is from Africa, and while I’m quite comfortable with his skills and the treatment I receive from him, I cannot understand a word he’s saying on the telephone. He has to email me or have me come in.

So, we got you there, too.

“spaventa” said:
You want to be dictated to and forced to buy what they are selling, even if it’s a turd. People who have a clue, because they have experienced BOTH private and nationalised, will choose the former, freedom of choice.
And this is just idiotic noise - no, I don’t think you’re an idiot, but your fact-free belief system is hanging out...might wanna tuck it back in.

Spaventa

Veteran
Oh you replied. I’m not even going to read your shit let alone waste my time correcting you.
Maybe I’ll destroy you tomorrow if I’m bored.

Spaventa

Veteran
It’s a deal I’m happy to accept:
<*shake_hands*>

See ya! :tiphat:

Your replies just get more ridiculous.

You think “Maybe tomorrow” and “if I’m bored” constitue a “deal”, that you “imagine you shook hands on.

<*shake_head*>

This is why correcting you is just tiresome and laborious.

First off, stop pretending to yourself that your experience in UK w/ NHS informs you *at all* about things here in the US. You’ll sound much smarter if you stop imagining our situations are equivalent.

Nonsense. The equivalence is that we both pay for healthcare. The difference is you get to decide from all the options available and choose which to spend your money on. We do not. We have to pay into the NHS even if we don’t use it. I have additional private cover and get far better service but I still have to pay the NHS contributions.

Are you pretending that people in the US *dont’* catch things in hospital?
No not at all, just that you get to choose the hospital you go to. We do not. If the hospital the NHS want to treat me in has the worst record of patient infection in the country, I don’t have the option to choose another.

.that bit about a 500k “office worker” sounds like bullshit, though.

It does, yes, but it isn’t.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....d-163-500k-for-three-weeks-work-1-1406977/amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....gers-400000-year-failing-nhs-authorities/amp/

All you did was waste people’s time and demonstrate your ignorance and dishonesty.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
30 members of trump regime failed the vetting for top secret clearance or higher. Those supervisor confirmed decisions were all overridden by a single man installed by trump. Right now there are 30 people who have high level clearances who shouldn't have them.

"We're going to get the best criminals".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
30 members of trump regime failed the vetting for top secret clearance or higher. Those supervisor confirmed decisions were all overridden by a single man installed by trump. Right now there are 30 people who have high level clearances who shouldn't have them.

"We're going to get the best criminals".

not unless Putin sends them to us. ours are rank fucking amateurs, quite skilled at corruption however....:tiphat:

White Beard

Your replies just get more ridiculous.

You think “Maybe tomorrow” and “if I’m bored” constitue a “deal”, that you “imagine you shook hands on.

<*shake_head*>

This is why correcting you is just tiresome and laborious.
...because you have no sense of humor. Perhaps you should try cannabis.

“spaventa” said:
Nonsense. The equivalence is that we both pay for healthcare. The difference is you get to decide from all the options available and choose which to spend your money on. We do not. We have to pay into the NHS even if we don’t use it. I have additional private cover and get far better service but I still have to pay the NHS contributions.

No not at all, just that you get to choose the hospital you go to. We do not. If the hospital the NHS want to treat me in has the worst record of patient infection in the country, I don’t have the option to choose another.
I got my first actual paycheck 55 years ago, and money was taken out for Social Security and Medicare. It’s not voluntary. Happened to every paycheck I ever got.

We don’t get to “choose” our hospital, either: we choose a doctor, and that doctor will have “privileges” at certain hospitals: if you choose a doctor who has privileges at the hospital you want, you’re golden. Otherwise, your doctor TELLS YOU what hospital you’re going to...don’t like it? Find a new doctor.

Once again, it seems your problem is with the lordling-to-be running the NHS. I see that it’s so, but that doesn’t save it from being bullshit.

“spaventa” said:
All you did was waste people’s time and demonstrate your ignorance and dishonesty.
Sorry my pointing out your ignorance and dishonesty has spoiled your aim...but it’s not wasted time unless you refuse to make use of it.

Badfishy1

Not sure which study you are referencing, but I do know wealthy Canadians come to US to pay out of pocket for health care and procedures

Cannavore

Veteran
Not sure which study you are referencing, but I do know wealthy Canadians come to US to pay out of pocket for health care and procedures

Which is bullshit.

"The Trump campaign cited research from the right-leaning Canadian think tank Fraser Institute, which found that in 2014, more than 52,513 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment outside of Canada. The campaign pointed out that 52,513 people in 2014 represented a 25.5 percent increase over the 2013 estimate of 41,838 people. For context, 52,513 people represent 0.15 percent of the country’s population of 35.5 million in 2014."

"The study does not look specifically at Canadians traveling to the United States. The survey asks physicians to estimate the percentage of their patients who received non-emergency medical treatment outside of Canada, rather than asking the question of patients. And it does not ask about a motivation for why Canadians traveled abroad. The report says that one explanation for Canadians traveling abroad may relate to the longer wait times that patients face for medically necessary elective treatment."

Latest posts

Latest posts