What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tonygreens Tortured Beans tests for Mars Hydro FC-E4800

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm not 100% dialed in but getting there. But yeah man. They take way more under good leds!

I suck at reading plants. What do you look for in GG4 to tell if too much or too little feed.

That was one thing I really liked about GG4, that I just followed instructions to not feed ore than 650 PPM, since it was clone, and no phenotypes to deal with.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Called freakshow! Looks like carrots growing!
This is a heritable genetic trait found by shape-shifter and worked by The Humboldt seed company.

I can't recall how long ago it was, but on one of the hash church episodes on youtube this year, one of bubbleman 's guests was talking about out crossing to a Hops plant to make a cannabis strain that grows like a hops plant, like a vine.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suck at reading plants. What do you look for in GG4 to tell if too much or too little feed.

That was one thing I really liked about GG4, that I just followed instructions to not feed ore than 650 PPM, since it was clone, and no phenotypes to deal with.

It's obvious when you see that light green growth on top. Woody purple tissue development on the stems is a bad sign too. I've been on this led learning curve. Big difference from hps but getting it down.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not yet a week in and explosive growth.
switching to feeding twice a day to try to keep up.
Will pull them at day 10 and do 1 more clean up and maybe take out a branch or two. Pretty packed!
Got a few lines run across the sherbs in the back row to keep them in their place once stacking starts.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
20211031_174909.jpg

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Now we just waiting on the nodes to "shoot" branches then we will be ready for the flip!
it's a powerful light so they require a little extra food.

its a learning curve with these new led lights , alot more power , looking real nice in there.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temps made the big difference i think since I was running at 73 f, but def had to get ok with feeding such a high amount... once I got temps higher I tip toed on up to 3 ec.
I was a notorious underfeeder as it was under hps lol.

Loc Dog

Veteran
:groupwave:Excellent work.

At what distance does this light provide 1000 uMol's? Tony, how far do you have the light from tops? Any heat issues?? I am using COB's running maximum wattage and have to back off 2 feet.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Is RIL a strain you created?? If so what crosses?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
At what distance does this light provide 1000 uMol's? Tony, how far do you have the light from tops? Any heat issues?? I am using COB's running maximum wattage and have to back off 2 feet.

During flowering stage, the light can be kept to plants at 8-12 inches. At this height, the umol data is optimal.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have my ballast ran remote and she's 9 inches off the ceiling in my 5x5. I'd imagine 2 feet atm. They are blowing up so ill let them grow into the light.

I'm venting with a 340 cfm whisperline, the intake blows right across the rack. Zero heat issues.

Bear in mind this 5x5 was vegged at 10% of 480!!
blown away lol.

Ril is the Gg4 Recombinant Inbred Line
thread on here somewhere... gorilla bubble bx5 X mycotek gg4 bx6.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
20211103_234248.jpg
Moving along fast this guy is. After I saw that super fast color I threw him in a way bigger pot. Hopefully get a little extra size. Still early.
I a few boys not showing anything color yet. It's still so early. The Black Rose seems fast! I've usually only seen color maybe 2 or 3 weeks in personally.

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro.......Been a minute but wanted to stop in and show respect......My BR bitches guaranteed went faster under the LED `s compared to my 600 watt HPS `s......I was used to runnin em a full 10 weeks but the last run before you helped me out they finished in under 9 with every plant all but black they were so dark.......anyways.....Hope you find the keeper pheno `s you`re lookin for and I know big things are in store once you work your magic with em , so.....Take care and keep strokin......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.......

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah going fast! good thing I had a optional group going, have several males showing no color yet and the color mostly coming from my 2nd group of em. Coming up on 2 weeks.
Ive up potted my alternates to hopefully get more pollen production. Giving some of the bigger ones another week or so to see if they produce.
Id imagine color would be showing by week 4 for sure eh? The good ones so far look so amazing I am only going to use those even if it means less seed set.

Funny observations, stem rubs give me floral, exotics, berry notes and spice but overall these these really stink bad in a distinctive way!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good eye. I'll check tom. Might be spashes but I'll see. Looks suspicious ha!

Black Rose male.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211105_225327_316.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.5 KB ID:	17983545
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211105_225327_394.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.4 KB ID:	17983546
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211105_225327_442.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	17983547
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211105_225327_488.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.1 KB ID:	17983548