What's new

Tom Hill Haze

ThreeLittleBirds

Tom asked if anyone is mature enough to have their say honestly - and we believe we should be. This thread makes us sad, so much hostility, so much ego, so little love for the plant, so much love for the self.

Tom Hill has lost his way, if he ever had found it to begin with. We are beginning to think it has always been anger with him, and that we ignored these qualities because a Paki or Haze was difficult to find during prohibition. It is not prohibition now. It is a nearly legal market. We have options that aren't hostile, that aren't hateful, that don't attack fellow growers, and who are reliable and will deliver their seeds.

There are two likely scenarios here. One is that Tom Hill is a drunk who always has excuses for why things go wrong in his seed productions. The other is that the world really has been stacking bad luck up against Tom for decades. None of the questions given to Tom about seeds ever has a normal or reasonable answer for our current era. We get stories about burying seeds in the ground instead of storing them properly in a time when they're legal as an excuse for germination rates. We hear about bad business in Spain from the Bush era.

Other growers can't seem to stop churning out new crosses or producing seeds. California has become overrun with grows - thousands upon thousands of plants will get you ignored or given a citation by the state. The market has been killed there are so many plants. Yet Tom hasn't managed to produce a seed run in 14 years, and when he does it's full of hiccups and stories about fifty year blizzards. We were up by eel river too this winter and know it was bad - not so bad anyone who has been there for decades shouldn't have been more established. Tom's neighbors certainly weren't derailed the way he claims to have been. If you are growing in a tent Tom's numbers seem large. If you've seen anything commercial in America, or you've visited any of Tom's neighbors, you'll see he's talking big. There's always an excuse for why not as many plants got used.

It's because the man is unprofessional. He's a mean drunk who this community is enabling. Tom Hill was never special - X18, DC, and Haze were special during a time when things could not be gotten. At this point X18 is a middle of the road Paki, and there are far better Haze options without the excuse from the grower that 95% will be bunk to mask his failures. The world has moved on from Tom Hill and so should you. Spend your money elsewhere with someone who is good of heart.

PlasmaTube

Tom asked if anyone is mature enough to have their say honestly - and we believe we should be. This thread makes us sad, so much hostility, so much ego, so little love for the plant, so much love for the self.

Tom Hill has lost his way, if he ever had found it to begin with. We are beginning to think it has always been anger with him, and that we ignored these qualities because a Paki or Haze was difficult to find during prohibition. It is not prohibition now. It is a nearly legal market. We have options that aren't hostile, that aren't hateful, that don't attack fellow growers, and who are reliable and will deliver their seeds.

There are two likely scenarios here. One is that Tom Hill is a drunk who always has excuses for why things go wrong in his seed productions. The other is that the world really has been stacking bad luck up against Tom for decades. None of the questions given to Tom about seeds ever has a normal or reasonable answer for our current era. We get stories about burying seeds in the ground instead of storing them properly in a time when they're legal as an excuse for germination rates. We hear about bad business in Spain from the Bush era.

Other growers can't seem to stop churning out new crosses or producing seeds. California has become overrun with grows - thousands upon thousands of plants will get you ignored or given a citation by the state. The market has been killed there are so many plants. Yet Tom hasn't managed to produce a seed run in 14 years, and when he does it's full of hiccups and stories about fifty year blizzards. We were up by eel river too this winter and know it was bad - not so bad anyone who has been there for decades shouldn't have been more established. Tom's neighbors certainly weren't derailed the way he claims to have been. If you are growing in a tent Tom's numbers seem large. If you've seen anything commercial in America, or you've visited any of Tom's neighbors, you'll see he's talking big. There's always an excuse for why not as many plants got used.

It's because the man is unprofessional. He's a mean drunk who this community is enabling. Tom Hill was never special - X18, DC, and Haze were special during a time when things could not be gotten. At this point X18 is a middle of the road Paki, and there are far better Haze options without the excuse from the grower that 95% will be bunk to mask his failures. The world has moved on from Tom Hill and so should you. Spend your money elsewhere with someone who is good of heart.
This here is the point where the thread is about to take a 180, I'm sure...

I wonder what @Tom Hill and anyone whose done a thorough THH run has to say, add, or respond to this. Guys like @MAHA KALA @MadMac @elanius @Nobody's Nursery have grown or are growing THH in one form or another and have a better take of numbers in mass.

Interested to see what other have to say. Personality features aside, it seems you either fuck with Tom....or you don't. The weed is a different discussion, one which everyone can test, grows, experience, etc.

The guy likes the band formerly known as The Warlocks...that's enough for me, lol.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
3LB's is still logged in and I'm still waiting for an answer to my simple question! :whistling:

Indeed, might also be possible he's using multiple accounts in the same thread which is a T.O.U. violation. :chin:

3. Multiple Personalities: We do not advocate the use of multiple member names for just one user. Should you do so, you may not use more than one personality in a single thread. Use of multiple member names in the same thread will result in banishment of that and all associated member names.

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Bingo!

Old Uncle Ben

Looks like something that came from high altitude or somewhere else windy. Bet that'd fix the internodle spacing. That thing could be a genetic gold mine for fixing exsesive sativa stretch. Ide keep it for sure and at least see what it can do. My experience is that higher altitude genepools are often the best as pollen has a hard time blowing up hill which keeps the rif-raf rouge pollen out of the geen pool. Also UV levels double every 1000 feet or so which tends to boost resin production. If you ever need someone to back something like that up let me know ide love to play around with it. I'm a bit of a dwarf cannabis enthusiast.

Sorry, did not save any.

Uncle Ben

Old Uncle Ben

We have many fond memories of Positronics and other early pioneers. None of us can keep the past alive, but we can keep a fragment of it. We are not surprised to see people still attempting to dissect or pin Haze to paper.

My avatar is a Positronics Jack Herer, or so "they say". It was rock solid dense main cola, 6" across. Amazing.......

Uncle Ben

Green Highland

My avatar is a Positronics Jack Herer, or so "they say". It was rock solid dense main cola, 6" across. Amazing.......

Uncle Ben
Some jack I grew from sensi seeds about 8 years ago. I don’t care what anyone says, I like jack. I was looking for the pheno that put out the large swollen bracts but didn’t find it. This one had all the flavour and more sedative effect. Def had huge, solid and chunky buds,piney, skunky and sandalwood type smell. What I used to refer to as “hazey”. Used a Malawi female and reversed her and chucked the pollen on this one. Beans are still in the freezer waiting to be grown 8 years later.
7B8666C6-A2FC-4F32-B400-AE6C4A9392FA.jpeg

Rgd

Veteran
quite the documentary..

and similar exit style

Ginger for some reason didn’t like happy "good byes"

but

Ginger was just a massively talented Drummer

and interesting song lyric writer

"pressed rat and wart hog closed down their shop"

Last edited:

PlasmaTube

You guys can be sad, this was more than fair. I think no other user of this forum was given more chances at a clean start (after warnings or temporary bans) than Tom. He knew it was his last chance, and he chose this ending anyway.
Wait...Tom's kicked out... permanently?