What's new

Told gun seller Im a card holder, big mistake?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
and just to add to recent developements...

It was found that james holmes was SCHIZOPHRENIC! he was seeing a psychiatrist and was taking meds! he even mailed a letter to his psychiatrist detailing his plans...

this furthur illustrates that it isnt "gun control" or lax gun laws that contributed to Aurora.

LAWS ARE ALREADY IN PLACE THAT WOULD HAVE KEPT THESE WEAPONS OUT OF HOLMES HANDS. the system in place failed due to the health industry and lack of oversight by people who should have made a correct diagnosis..

it is just utterly frustrating to see the gun control loonies lie and lie, completely disregard the facts and push for more rules that would have zero bearing on this issue...

a friend posted on his face book "i support more gun control,i dont want loonies to get assault weapons"...i had to set him straight. gun control to keep loonies from getting guns is already law.....he wasnt using an assault weapon since they are already illegal. only 300 or so gun deaths out of 10k homicides and 15k suicides are related to long rifles and semi auto rifles like the AR15......

out of the 10k gun homicides over 8o percent are committed by felons already barred from owning guns..

i can go on and on and on and on.....rational arguments always support the pro 2nd amendment stance.....the gun control lobby has failed to make even ONE argument that isnt totally wrong and ignorant of the facts....i challenge pro gun control people to find one and i will gladly show you why you are wrong...

SneakySneaky

Veteran
You'd best buy a firearm privately, that is from a non-dealer. The ATF and DOJ has stated back in early 2011 I think that card holders cannot own or possess firearms or ammo, nor can they sell either.
I believe this came about because so many gun dealers were calling the DOJ asking this exact question.
Here is a quote
"ATF Assistant Director Arthur Herbert, indicated the federal law that makes it illegal for someone to possess a gun if they use illegal substances includes users of medicinal marijuana."
Pretty messed up.
Depending on what state you are in you can easily find a private seller if you wish to buy a firearm.
It's LEGAL to buy a firearm from a private non-dealer seller. They consider it a loophole, I consider it a right.
Here is a good site to find a private sale.

http://www.armslist.com/

Not to bust the bubble on this, I speak only from experience. I have a concealed carry permit, and my friend and his wife are both medical patients and they own a pistol. I've owned my kimber eclipse since I was given it at 18. My friends bought theirs from northwest armory in portland. Hell, while they were in dc for Christmas their house got broken into, while myself and another med friend smoked bong rips till they got there, I put the bong right next to the pistol in the closet, the officer saw it, told him it was my friends wife's pistol while their in the house that is full of legal plants. Maybe I'm lucky or Oregon doesn't care. When the ccp test got to the part you mentioned I asked the sheriff that question and his response was that if you have a card it's not illegal is it, so I marked it no. I'm from the south, I eill fight tooth and nail for my guns.

Ps- the city I took my ccp test has open carry laws. U can walk down the street with your pistol on your side without a concealed carry permit.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Yes. When you show an article written by a right-wing religious lunatic about of our gun rights are near death it gives me much hope that the exact opposite is true.

You need to quit watching and reading Alex Jones material. Infowars and prisonplanet are his sites.

The senate will not ratify this.

Let's make a bet. If the treaty gets voted in, I'll delete my account and never come back. If the treaty fails to pass you delete your account here, never to return.
Now this is a serious bet because that's how much I believe this treaty will not pass.
Will you put your money where your mouth is? Or is it tail between the legs?

I don't want to see you go, and I don't want to go, but I want to really see how dedicated you are to this silly belief that the UN Small Arms Treaty will pass in the senate if it even reaches them.

Bet?

You have a really hard time understanding what I write. Let me sum things up for you.

- I believe gun laws are not going anywhere.

- I believe gun laws are in jeopardy.

With those two things said, why would I want to bet with you that the gun laws will pass? What I said is true, sorry you can't seem to comprehend simple posts.

Kind of like saying we are going to war, but we are going to win. Get it yet?

I don't want to see you go, and I don't want to go, but I want to really see how dedicated you are to this silly belief that the UN Small Arms Treaty will pass in the senate if it even reaches them.

Bet?

Can you show me a quote from me stating that the UN treaty will pass? I never once said that, and you need to learn to read. You continue to put words in my mouth that are not what I am trying to portray. Please read carefully before you respond.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
I am pro gun control, u better know how to control a gun before u buy one. Makes me sick that somebody does something crazy like shoot a theatre and see all the people freak about gun control laws. If somebody runs over a child cause their distracted on the phone, do you blame the car company? Anything can be misused, but blame the user not the tool.

1 out of 2 people who rated this post is an ignorant pussy. Anything can be misused that's why there are gun control courses to orient yourself with your firearm. Same thing as drivers Ed, a controlled supervised place to get comfortable and learn to correctly use the tool. Anything after that is user error plain and simple, if you don't agree you've probly never fired a gun making your input invalid.

Last edited:
I thought this would be your response.

THE UN SMALL ARMS TREATY WILL NOT PASS AND OUR GUN RIGHTS ARE NOT IN JEOPARDY.

Glad you agree.

"out of the 10k gun homicides over 8o percent are committed by felons already barred from owning guns.."

I have no idea what year or time frame that supposed stat came from but an even better way to put WHO commits gun murders is the fact that over 80% of the people who commit gun murders have a VIOLENT history. A history of violence is the best predictor of violence.
So Actually, your stat matches up being most who commit violence have a record of it and therefore would be banned from owning firearms legally.

Don't know why I posted this being this makes a good argument against private sales, something I support. In reality, if there were no private sales and everyone had to get a background check before buying a firearm and any history of slight or aggravated violence was found and therefore the buyer was denied we would have a lot less gun deaths.

Then again they would probably just use other means for a weapon. And again, I'm for private sales because what if the gov decides someone who did this, or did that, at one time in their life is now banned from buying a firearm. This is the fear that makes me support private sales. If we had an actual uncorrupted and working gov then maybe, but since almost everyone Washington is corrupt we do have to be vigilant. But not paranoid.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"out of the 10k gun homicides over 8o percent are committed by felons already barred from owning guns.."

I have no idea what year or time frame that supposed stat came from but an even better way to put WHO commits gun murders is the fact that over 80% of the people who commit gun murders have a VIOLENT history. A history of violence is the best predictor of violence.
So Actually, your stat matches up being most who commit violence have a record of it and therefore would be banned from owning firearms legally.

Don't know why I posted this being this makes a good argument against private sales, something I support. In reality, if there were no private sales and everyone had to get a background check before buying a firearm and any history of slight or aggravated violence was found and therefore the buyer was denied we would have a lot less gun deaths.

Then again they would probably just use other means for a weapon. And again, I'm for private sales because what if the gov decides someone who did this, or did that, at one time in their life is now banned from buying a firearm. This is the fear that makes me support private sales. If we had an actual uncorrupted and working gov then maybe, but since almost everyone Washington is corrupt we do have to be vigilant. But not paranoid.

The FBI, and ATF place surveillance at most gun shows and take notes. keep that in mind.

Also if criminals want guns they dont need to go to a gun show. They can just go to an illegal arms dealer and get a gun with no serial numbers.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
The FBI, and ATF place surveillance at most gun shows and take notes. keep that in mind.

Also if criminals want guns they dont need to go to a gun show. They can just go to an illegal arms dealer and get a gun with no serial numbers.

My uncle found a pistol scuba diving at a notorious canoe tipping turn on a popular river in Mississippi. Small .22 pistol, probly somebody's snake pistol.

Nope. Those are called quick replies, just like this one. They are responses to other people.

Thanks again for agreeing with me that our gun rights are not in jeopardy.

"The FBI, and ATF place surveillance at most gun shows and take notes."

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE. As a matter of FACT. Most gun shows are not being attended by federal law enforcement agencies who are taking notes. lol Back to the Alex Jones conspiracy comments we go.

All criminals have to do is go find a private sale, no need for those pesky arms dealers that are probably ATF.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
MrGreenWeed - there were federal officers at the last gun show I went to in uniform, wtf are you talking about? It was at the cow palace in Oakland, but for sure feds.

Where do you come up with this shit? And who is this Alex Jones you have a bromance popping off with?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE. As a matter of FACT. Most gun shows are not being attended by federal law enforcement agencies who are taking notes. lol Back to the Alex Jones conspiracy comments we go.

All criminals have to do is go find a private sale, no need for those pesky arms dealers that are probably ATF.

actually this is false...its common knowledge that they are ALL OVER the gun shows in nevada..because people from cali drive out to get deals on hi-cap magazines and shit like that. heard many stories about people leaving the gun shows and getting pulled over by ATF....

and they are definately at regular gun shows here in the bayarea like cow palace...mostly due to all the parking lot deals that were going down.

illegal guns are a bad bad thing to have around, especially if you can legally buy one....

got an AR lower going through DROS right now and might pick up a couple more toys..

SB249 is close to passing and other bans are being pushed through, namely mail order ammo and trying to implement the AW ban again...and banning semi auto AR15s..

ITS PATHETIC THAT THESE FUCKWAD POLITICIANS USE AN INCIDENT LIKE AURORA TO CAPITALIZE ON PUBLIC SYMPATHY TO FURTHER THEIR GUN GRABBING AGENDA...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Where I live now they are at every gun show, and they dont even deny it. It is advertised to keep criminals away. It is fairly common

no alex jones conspiracy. they are undercover and keeping track of sales of semi auto sub machine guns and other guns that have the ability to be easily concealed and easily converted back to fully automatic. CNC machine one small part and you have a gun that can spray 30 bullets in a few seconds.

When I lived in Texas I would go to gun shows and there was almost always Hell's Angels there buying up all the mac tens, and if you were observant you could see the guys following them and taking notes and then questioning the gun sellers.

I don't blame them for keeping track because those guns are only for killing and not even self defense. I am very pro gun but no one needs mac tens. Not that should not be able to have them, but it is no surprise the government tries to track them. Trained Israeli military only uses them to INVADE. US special forces practices one shot one kill techniques and their small rifles are on semi auto most of the time. When defending a home the best thing you could have is a Bellini semi auto shot gun with a surefire light mounted on front, and two big dogs. I can find no use other than murder for a mac ten, and the government cant either.

Maybe in your state, but the only cops you see at gun shows in my state are plain clothes officers buying guns and occasionally uniformed ones directing traffic.

You have a better chance seeing Bloomberg's police officers trying to illegally buy guns at a neighboring state's show than federal officers taking notes of who buys guns.

Filed off serial numbers? I'm not sure how common that is. Perhaps if the guns were from a straw purchase you'd see a serial filed off to protect the straw purchaser, but if they're stolen why bother?

dizzze

MrGreenWeed

Our gun right arent going anywhere, BUT THE GOVERMENT IS TRYING... which is exactly what organicbuds has explained about 10 times.