What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toby was a good dog

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Thnx, SirSteely I know He'll be waiting on the other side for Me. I just hope to be allowed in.
Turtle, I'm better 2day than Saturday, and dam sure better than Friday night. I will reconcile My self to the realities that He is no longer in pain from a life Well Lived.

I dug out His AKC papers, to put with His collar, and food bowl, and stored away with His ashes. He was just 2 months shy of 15yrs old. Not a bad run, I guess.

Peace n Love; 1TT

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have considered a partial car wrap with max headshot...it would look nice on my hood...peace man ..he is buryied under the tree in the city at my old pad...fuck em I wasn't supposed to do it its illegal due to silly law.....nothing could of stopped me...he got a man sized grave in the shade....the ex will respect his spot..his old chain collar is now on my keys...

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Toby.

Sorry for your loss, Twisted. Take some time to mourn....then a new pup will help you heal.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I just cant imagine ever getting another dog right now.
I lost a 6yr old Female Brittany in the desert outside Holbrook, Az. in the Summer of 98 and was WRECKED, said the same thing, but a yr later I went and got Lil Toby, and formed an even stronger bond with Him, because We Were both Hard Ass's, and She was just a little sweetie who was upset by My loud nature, but loved Me to death.
Brittany's are smart dogs, and Both were such characters, so much personality.
In reality,,, If I manage to hold out a Year it will surprise Me, If I'm honest with My Self.
Prolly be another Boy, but although I love the Liver, the next one will probably have to be an Orange. Babe was My Female, and She was Orange. I'm afraid if the next one is a Liver Boy that would lead Me to compare,,, if that shit makes any since.
I think I'm starting to deal a little better. I made it through this post with NO TEARS(bout time).
The compassion from Y'all is TRULEY humbling(I need that).

One LOVE; Twisted

Sforza

Veteran
Ain't nothing in this world like a good loyal dog.

Sorry about your loss, Twisted. Time heals all wounds.

catbuds

I'm so sorry. I've had both springers & brits. Majority of brits are lemon & white, so I guess people notice the color before they notice the head between the 2 breeds are so different. Brits are the gentler of the two. I know your pain & I'm so sorry.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I know myself the feelings of uncertainty, guilt, 2nd guessing, wishing to turn back the clock and so on. I know it's easy for me to say/think these things with less emotions than you might right now.

None of my dogs nor Toby shared or nurtured any of the above feelings in our relationships, so it's a shame that we surround ourselves with them instead of the comfort & solace knowing that we have done our best for them, and we always do 1TT, I know you did.

it won't be long before those feelings pass and whenever you think of Toby it will be w/a smile and laugh as you recall his antics; we all go through this process, if it was only pain we ever felt after their passing I don't think we'd allow ourselves to go it again, so I'm certain that pain free days and great memories are only around the corner.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
S4L You sure as shit know it. I spent 3 hours looking thru the Wife's flickr acct. 2day SOOooo many good memories, I smiled, and chuckled a lot, BUT,,, I am still doing all that mental sabotage that Ya just mentioned to MYSELF.
I hope You've had a few minutes to look in to that link. No One who looks at the few years that file represents could believe that Toby was anything but, a VERY well LOVED Little Dude, With a HUGE ATTITUDE.
I will have My IT Dept.(Wife) help Me move more Toby pics. I wanna show everybody what cool dogs Brittany's are.

My Wife is so distressed seeing Me So emotionaly wrecked over this that She actually mentioned seeing Our Doc. to refill the Alprazolam that I quit cold turkey little over a year ago. I know She wants badly to be able to help Me thru this,,, But I thought I was very clear on how I feel about numbing the High, or Lows with that Psycotropic BULLSHIT.
I didn't get shitty with Her, because she seen the look in My eyes, and stfu. I calmed down, and explained that I just was going to feel the feelings DEEPLY, and get past it.
At times I feel like I'm doing good, and outta the blue, I'm mind fucking My Self again.
Overall each day is a little(Very little)better.

Again all the comments Y'all share, REALLY do help Me see the Love, and goodness in the World that right now seems so unfair.

Peace n LOVE; 1TT

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
shoot, I cried. your emotions forced me to remember the friends passed where I felt the same pain angst and numbness of loss and to rejoice in the sharing of present pups' love and loyalty.
you'll know when you're ready.

so twist up another one trucker.

...movin' on down the road

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
The Wife just came home from work. We spent a little time talking bout the silly little things We're both doing to cope. we laughed, and cried happy tears.

I think Ima blend up a salad, and twist a FATTY.

Fuck the road, I'm done with that Rat Race.
I am a Rambling Man to The BONE, but just a tourist from now on out.

Twisted

justpassnthru

Veteran
Twisted, so sorry I know the pain you are feeling..wish no-one had to go through this. The most wonderful thing you have with you now, is your wonderful relationship with your wife. It is always re-assuring to know, you have the one in a million mate with her. And the one in a half a million canine, will be waiting for you and running around with all my little friends that have departed..over 40 years.

Perhaps this will give you a clue of what might help...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=277652

I'll be looking forward to viewing pictures of your new 'best friend.' jpt

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Thanx jpt. That cricket is sumptin else. Couldn't help but have a laugh.
You can bet There will be pics of the next Brittany, or what ever comes.
The Choc. Lab(Pete) was just the dog My Wife needed, at just the right time.
We found Him starving to death, just sitting against a sign on an on ramp in Illinois.

I am in no hurry to get another pup. As You say, I WILL know when it's right.

Peace; 1TT

DJXX

Veteran
i am oh so sorry for your loss...i love my 5 mutts oh so much...and i have one 12 years old and know its gonna be soon for her...making me cry thinking aabout it...sorry man..DJXX

Gry

Veteran
Real sorry for your loss. Hope you may find comfort with those remaining and the passage of time.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
late last night I could literally feel it getting easier to breath. My heart has been SO HEAVY.
Today will be better than Yesterday.

DJXX Brother. I mind fucked My Self from time to time for the last couple years I would find My Self rolling down the highway, and My mind would wonder to the day Toby crossed the bridge, and find My Self agitated to tears.

Thinking bout the good times helps, for the most part, but the that sword has a second edge. I mourn the loss of those special times. This is mourning My loss though.

Toby knew He Was, and Still is Well LOVED. He's surely not happy looking down on Poppa so outta shape though. Toby was so in tune with My moods, and would be pacing and nudging Me right now looking at Me with His Deep brown soulful eyes, ears slightly back.

Peace n Love; 1TT

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Thnx, SirSteely I know He'll be waiting on the other side for Me. I just hope to be allowed in.
Turtle, I'm better 2day than Saturday, and dam sure better than Friday night. I will reconcile My self to the realities that He is no longer in pain from a life Well Lived.

I dug out His AKC papers, to put with His collar, and food bowl, and stored away with His ashes. He was just 2 months shy of 15yrs old. Not a bad run, I guess.

Peace n Love; 1TT

There are some other realities you can also find comfort in.

Your fond memories are a portion of Toby afterlife and the smiles that come to your face is his karma bringing you joy after his passing. Your reverence for those special times and the ability to recall and be affected by them should not be quelled by the pain of Toby's passing. This simply limits the effects of his karma.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it simply transfers throughout its existence. We have some choice in how we let this energy effect us.

If you allow the good of others to perpetuate within you and simply let go of the rest you will be able to celebrate life after death as a living vessel to those energies that were passed to you and subsequently will pass to others.

My condolences

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Weird You really ARE a3rd Eye Jedi.
Thanx 4 Tha perspective adjustment. I believe in what You say about Energy transfer.
My wife has ordered a kit to make a bead for Her charm bracelet form a tiny bit of Toby's ash. I will keep His collar, and His tags will be on My keychain.
As for the rest of His ash's will be added to My 1st Organic soil.
I have 2 S1 LVPKxNev.Haze's that are to be New Mother plants. I am Hoping to get The Ziggy Stardust, and LimeWarp Phenos.
I was, and am in the process of building an aquaponic garden for food production(veggies/fish).
I have been pondering an EnF table with Mothers in Bags filled with this organic soil, fed by a smaller aquaponic system indoors.
I see this as choosing the path for Toby's Lifes Energy to live on for as long as I recycle this soil, and keep These special plants alive.
Every bud I share will be blessed by His Spirit.

PEACE n LOve; Twisted