What's new

To Legalize Cannabis Or Not To?

To Legalize Cannabis Or Not To?

• Total voters

ChronJohn

Would we all feel better if this was touted as a glorified "decriminalization and depenalization" initiative instead? If it was called anything but "legalization" would you vote for it? Don't let philosophy, ideology, and semantics get in the way of progress. So goes Cali, so goes the country. This is evident in how many states immediately jumped on the medical wagon after Prop 215 passed. Within 4 years 9 states had medical programs of some sort. Come on people this is about freedom to just chill on your personal garden and personal stash. And of course the hemp industry!! My god the hemp industry could be huge! I'd say if given the proper attention it deserves it could be twice as valuable as the recreational cannabis side of things. Anyways that's my :2cents: VOTE YES :wave:

whats up everyone. ive gathered tons of info from this site since a long time ago. its been a lot of help. never posted tho. i was on ********* pretty hard core as danko.
its nice to see that most of you on this site are getting what that bill really means. a lot of people keep getting caught up in non sense and false truths that seem to be deeply perpetuated through the marijuana community, at least on thc farmer. i battled pretty much every one on why this bill is good. disproving everyone of there "facts" with actual literature. after 189 pages and 3 days they banned me for insulting some dick heads intelligence for posting rumor and here say. while the entire time he would refer to me as "a fucking troll" "an idiot" and mad other shit. dude went off pretty much every time i proved him wrong. and he never supported his argument for why he is going to vote no. talking about all this richard lee is the only one whos gonna benefit, your restricted to 5x5 area (even medi patients) and you can only have an ounce, and way more nonsense. It is fucking crazy talk, and any one who can actually read and interpret this bill knows that.
i welcome any challenge on this bill!!
and ill do my best to disprove the claim.

this bill is written in protection of all medi patients and california cannabis users 21 and up!
and its written well. and any issues you feel arnt addressed in this bill, are like that because there is no model to go with on legal cannabis. so the state has set a great framework and the local governments can fine tune commercial access.

Frozenguy

Veteran
whats up everyone. ive gathered tons of info from this site since a long time ago. its been a lot of help. never posted tho. i was on ********* pretty hard core as danko.
its nice to see that most of you on this site are getting what that bill really means. a lot of people keep getting caught up in non sense and false truths that seem to be deeply perpetuated through the marijuana community, at least on thc farmer. i battled pretty much every one on why this bill is good. disproving everyone of there "facts" with actual literature. after 189 pages and 3 days they banned me for insulting some dick heads intelligence for posting rumor and here say. while the entire time he would refer to me as "a fucking troll" "an idiot" and mad other shit. dude went off pretty much every time i proved him wrong. and he never supported his argument for why he is going to vote no. talking about all this richard lee is the only one whos gonna benefit, your restricted to 5x5 area (even medi patients) and you can only have an ounce, and way more nonsense. It is fucking crazy talk, and any one who can actually read and interpret this bill knows that.
i welcome any challenge on this bill!!
and ill do my best to disprove the claim.

this bill is written in protection of all medi patients and california cannabis users 21 and up!
and its written well. and any issues you feel arnt addressed in this bill, are like that because there is no model to go with on legal cannabis. so the state has set a great framework and the local governments can fine tune commercial access.

So why cant we smoke in public places? I understand not inside stores, but why not out on the sidewalk?

And why such harsh punishments on the 18-20 year old crowd? Shouldn't be so excessive. I personally dont think anyone should be subjected to seven years for a cannabis crime.. maybe the max was five but I'm pretty sure I remember reading seven years. I'll go check.

BTW, the only reason I am now probably going to vote for it is because of the protection of current medicinal laws. If they make it harder for people to get medical recommendations though, then I'm out. It doesn't look like they are going to though.

Plus, this will probably turn my "legal defense" into an actual imunity (in a sense). Like, cops just wont have any chance but to not touch my grow. And right now, seeing as the supreme court shot down the limits from the most recent "illegal" legislation for medicinal marijuana, us medical users have unlimited space and unlimited plants!! (Assuming no federal involvment, which is naive past a certain degree)

second hand smoke man. besides it doesnt say anything about being stoned in public second this bill makes it so coffee shops are legal. would that really be an argument against this bill anyway?
where did you see 7 years in jail and for what crime? selling weed? thats illegal now, and will continue to be. but at least you can grow your own o if this bill passes! youll never have to buy weed again! and never need a renewal on your dr's rec because you wont need a dr's rec at all.

second hand smoke man. besides it doesnt say anything about being stoned in public. second this bill makes it so coffee shops are legal in california. it also states it will regulate weed with similar puplic consumption laws. all i know is i can drink on my beach, so i will me chiefing on my beach! would that really be an argument against this bill anyway?
where did you see 7 years in jail and for what crime? selling weed? thats illegal now, and will continue to be. but at least you can grow your own if this bill passes! youll never have to buy weed again! and never need a renewal on your dr's rec because you wont need a dr's rec at all. but you can still buy those medical marijuana rights for 100 bux a year bro, and have the same protection you do now. then you could grow in as big a space you want. as long as its only 6 mature 12 immature.

ChronJohn

Frozen, I think the no smoking in public is akin to the "drunk in public" and "open container in public" laws of alcohol. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense, since in this regard cannabis is more comparable to tobacco. Aint no one gonna catch a buzz of second hand smoke outdoors! Same with the part about smoking around children. I mean I've literally seen parents smoke tobacco in their house, practically hot boxing a room, or in their car with their children sitting right there. is it illegal? No! but because we still have reefer madness these days we have people thinking you can get kids high from second hand smoke, so they wrote that in there as a concession to that crowd (tryna get all the votes they can). Whether the people who actually think that way will vote for the bill anyways remains to be seen, but it's just one more thing to persuade the moderates you know? Yea it sucks but it's illegal to do now so we're not really losing anything there =/

2real glad to have you here sorry to hear about your experience at the farm! I've had to battle a little bit of ignorance and ideology regarding the initiative over here but nowhere near as bad as you had it! (as you can see I'm still here lol) so welcome to ICMag, where your opinion matters :wave: thanks for joining this important discussion.

CHAPTER 19. COMMERCIAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTION AND SALE
http://bit.ly/besEZw

26000. (a) This chapter is an exercise of the police powers of
the state for the protection of the safety, welfare, health, peace,
and morals of the people of the state, to eliminate the evils of
unlicensed and unlawful production, selling, and disposing of
marijuana, and to promote temperance in the use and consumption of
marijuana. It is hereby declared that the subject matter of this
chapter involves in the highest degree the economic, social, and
moral well-being and the safety of the state and of all its people.
All provisions of this chapter shall be liberally construed for the
accomplishment of these purposes.
(b) It is the intention of the Legislature in enacting this
chapter to ensure the strict, honest, impartial, and uniform
administration and enforcement of marijuana laws throughout the state
governing the production, sale, disposal, and promotion of
temperance in the use and consumption of marijuana.
(c) The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control shall administer
and enforce this chapter. The department shall make and prescribe
those reasonable rules as may be necessary or proper to carry out the
purposes and intent of, and to enable it to exercise the powers and
perform the duties conferred upon it by, this chapter.
26010. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" means all parts
of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds
thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated
cannabis; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative,
mixture, or preparation of the plant or of its seeds or resin. It
does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from
the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other
compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of
the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil,
or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of
germination. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" does not
include "medical marijuana" that is regulated under Article 2.5
(commencing with Section 11362.7) of Chapter 6 of Division 10 of the
Health and Safety Code.
26020. (a) The department shall license commercial cultivators of
marijuana. The fee for the license shall be set at an amount that
will reasonably cover the costs of assuring compliance with the
regulations to be issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars
($5,000) for an initial application, or two thousand five hundred
dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal.
(b) Regulations adopted by the department pursuant to this chapter
shall require background checks of applicants be conducted. At the
request of the department, the Attorney General or any local agency
shall provide summary criminal history information to the department
as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal Code.
26030. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by cultivation of a valuable crop with public health
implications that is subject to significant fees, issue and enforce
regulations concerning commercial cultivators of marijuana that
provide for all of the following:
(a) Adequate security to reasonably protect against unauthorized
access to the marijuana crop at all stages of cultivation,
harvesting, drying, processing, packing, and delivery to licensed
sales outlets or wholesalers. Each licensee shall be required to
provide a detailed crop security plan, along with satisfactory proof
of the financial ability of the licensee to provide for that
security.
(b) Appropriate employment rules, including the rule that a person
under 21 years of age may not have access to marijuana during
cultivation, storage, drying, or packing, or at any other time.
(c) Safeguards to assure that a person under 21 years of age may
not transport marijuana on behalf of a commercial buyer or commercial
seller.
(d) Restrictions to ensure that marijuana is not used or consumed
on the premises of a commercial cultivator.
(e) An inspection and tracking system to reasonably ensure that
all marijuana produced by the cultivator that is eventually sold is
assessed pursuant to Part 14.6 (commencing with Section 34001) of
Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(f) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
(g) Ensure that all applicable statutory environmental and
agricultural requirements are followed in the cultivation of
marijuana.
26040. (a) The department shall license marijuana wholesalers,
who shall be allowed to package and prepare marijuana for sale, and
who shall be authorized to sell marijuana to licensed sales outlets.
The fee for the license shall be set in an amount that will
reasonably cover the costs of compliance with the regulations to be
issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an
initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
per year for each annual renewal.
(b) The department shall issue regulations that include a
requirement that all applicants for licensure receive background
checks. At the request of the department, the Attorney General or any
local agency shall provide summary criminal history information to
the department as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal
Code.
26050. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by a valuable commodity with public health implications that is
subject to significant fees, issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale, packaging, and labeling of marijuana by
wholesale licensees. Those regulations shall provide for all of the
following:
access to marijuana at all stages of the wholesaler's possession of
the marijuana, including receiving, processing, packing, storage, and
delivery to licensed sales outlets. Each wholesaler shall be
required to provide a detailed product security plan, along with
satisfactory proof of the financial ability of the licensee to
provide for that security.
receiving, processing, packing, storage, and delivery or at any other
time.
seller.
on the premises of a wholesaler.
all marijuana received by the wholesaler that is eventually sold is
department.
(g) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product.
26060. The department shall issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale of marijuana by off-sale general licensees. Those
regulations shall provide for all of the following:
(a) An inspection and tracking system to ensure that marijuana may
not be sold by a licensee if that marijuana has not been made
subject to an assessment provided for in Part 14.6 (commencing with
Section 34001) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(b) Marijuana shall be kept behind a counter in an area not
directly accessible to any customer, and shall be stored in a case
that is locked between sales.
(c) Marijuana may not be sold to anyone under 21 years of age.
(d) Punishments for violations in actions against licensees that
are in substantial accord with those applicable to the regulation of
alcohol sales, including heavy penalties for permitting persons under
21 years of age to purchase these products and other appropriate
regulatory provisions concerning matters as the time of sale,
deliveries, and signage. It is the intent of the people in enacting
this act that the regulation of marijuana sales be consistent with
the statutory guidance regarding alcohol sales in Chapter 16
(commencing with Section 25600), to the extent that consistency is
feasible.
(e) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
26070. Beginning 30 days after the operative date of the
regulations issued pursuant to this chapter, the department shall
begin to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
SEC. 4. Section 7597 of the Government Code is amended to read:
7597. (a) No public employee or member of the public shall smoke
any tobacco or marijuana product inside a public building,
or in an outdoor area within 20 feet of a main exit, entrance, or
operable window of a public building, or in a passenger vehicle, as
defined by Section 465 of the Vehicle Code, owned by the state.
(b) This section shall not preempt the authority of any county,
city, city and county, California Community College campus, campus of
the California State University, or campus of the University of
California to adopt and enforce additional smoking and tobacco
control ordinances, regulations, or policies that are more
restrictive than the applicable standards required by this chapter.

Frozen, I think the no smoking in public is akin to the "drunk in public" and "open container in public" laws of alcohol. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense, since in this regard cannabis is more comparable to tobacco. Aint no one gonna catch a buzz of second hand smoke outdoors! Same with the part about smoking around children. I mean I've literally seen parents smoke tobacco in their house, practically hot boxing a room, or in their car with their children sitting right there. is it illegal? No! but because we still have reefer madness these days we have people thinking you can get kids high from second hand smoke, so they wrote that in there as a concession to that crowd (tryna get all the votes they can). Whether the people who actually think that way will vote for the bill anyways remains to be seen, but it's just one more thing to persuade the moderates you know? Yea it sucks but it's illegal to do now so we're not really losing anything there =/

2real glad to have you here sorry to hear about your experience at the farm! I've had to battle a little bit of ignorance and ideology regarding the initiative over here but nowhere near as bad as you had it! (as you can see I'm still here lol) so welcome to ICMag, where your opinion matters :wave: thanks for joining this important discussion.

rock on! thanks man. you should check out that thread over there man, its just overflowing with ignorance!! lol there poll still shows no votes winning. im done with that scene. lol

ChronJohn

where did you see 7 years in jail and for what crime? .

Section 11361 a)

underage consumption will be a fine, id bet money on it, but i have not read that. there is no reason to believe any jail time will be implemented as the intent of this bill is to limit enforcement on cannabis

I dunno bout all that.. it says that it doesn't affect the laws pertaining to possession by minors so whatever the law is now is what it will be when this initiative is passed

"This Act is not intended to affect the application or enforcement of state laws relating to... safety or protection of children..: [relating to possession on school grounds], [relating to minors as amended herein]"

It's number 2 of the "Intent" section.

That being said I don't think use in public, and especially use by (or contributing to the delinquency of) minors should be any reason to not vote for it.

Frozenguy

Veteran
second hand smoke man. besides it doesnt say anything about being stoned in public second this bill makes it so coffee shops are legal. would that really be an argument against this bill anyway?
where did you see 7 years in jail and for what crime? selling weed? thats illegal now, and will continue to be. but at least you can grow your own o if this bill passes! youll never have to buy weed again! and never need a renewal on your dr's rec because you wont need a dr's rec at all.

Why wont I ever need a dr recommendation? If I want to grow over 25sqft then I need a recommendation right?

And so this legislation supports the idea that second hand smoke is worse then second hand tobacco smoke? I suppose it makes it "easier" to pass but...

25sqft is not that much room. Some can work with it, but isn't that much room. Especially when you realize they count HARVESTED plants in your 25sq ft. Makes it hard to veg/keep moms/flower/harvest.

Plus, the wording should allow the citizens of the county to directly vote in support or opposition of sales, rather then the county/city officials.

These aren't deal breakers for me, since I'll be medical, but this bill is far from perfect, and I'd like to have a word with whoever wrote it.

CHAPTER 19. COMMERCIAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTION AND SALE
http://bit.ly/besEZw

26000. (a) This chapter is an exercise of the police powers of
the state for the protection of the safety, welfare, health, peace,
and morals of the people of the state, to eliminate the evils of
unlicensed and unlawful production, selling, and disposing of
marijuana, and to promote temperance in the use and consumption of
marijuana. It is hereby declared that the subject matter of this
chapter involves in the highest degree the economic, social, and
moral well-being and the safety of the state and of all its people.
All provisions of this chapter shall be liberally construed for the
accomplishment of these purposes.
(b) It is the intention of the Legislature in enacting this
chapter to ensure the strict, honest, impartial, and uniform
administration and enforcement of marijuana laws throughout the state
governing the production, sale, disposal, and promotion of
temperance in the use and consumption of marijuana.
(c) The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control shall administer
and enforce this chapter. The department shall make and prescribe
those reasonable rules as may be necessary or proper to carry out the
purposes and intent of, and to enable it to exercise the powers and
perform the duties conferred upon it by, this chapter.
26010. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" means all parts
of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds
thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated
cannabis; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative,
mixture, or preparation of the plant or of its seeds or resin. It
does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from
the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other
compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of
the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil,
or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of
germination. For purposes of this chapter, "marijuana" does not
include "medical marijuana" that is regulated under Article 2.5
(commencing with Section 11362.7) of Chapter 6 of Division 10 of the
Health and Safety Code.
security.
seller.
department.
marijuana.
26040. (a) The department shall license marijuana wholesalers,
who shall be allowed to package and prepare marijuana for sale, and
who shall be authorized to sell marijuana to licensed sales outlets.
The fee for the license shall be set in an amount that will
reasonably cover the costs of compliance with the regulations to be
issued, but may not exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for an
initial application, or two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
per year for each annual renewal.
(b) The department shall issue regulations that include a
requirement that all applicants for licensure receive background
checks. At the request of the department, the Attorney General or any
local agency shall provide summary criminal history information to
the department as provided in Sections 11105 and 13300 of the Penal
Code.
26050. The department shall, with consideration for the risks
posed by a valuable commodity with public health implications that is
subject to significant fees, issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale, packaging, and labeling of marijuana by
wholesale licensees. Those regulations shall provide for all of the
following:
access to marijuana at all stages of the wholesaler's possession of
the marijuana, including receiving, processing, packing, storage, and
delivery to licensed sales outlets. Each wholesaler shall be
required to provide a detailed product security plan, along with
satisfactory proof of the financial ability of the licensee to
provide for that security.
receiving, processing, packing, storage, and delivery or at any other
time.
seller.
on the premises of a wholesaler.
all marijuana received by the wholesaler that is eventually sold is
department.
(g) Adequate labeling of packages of marijuana to describe the
purity, potency, processing, and any adulteration of the product.
26060. The department shall issue and enforce regulations
concerning the sale of marijuana by off-sale general licensees. Those
regulations shall provide for all of the following:
(a) An inspection and tracking system to ensure that marijuana may
not be sold by a licensee if that marijuana has not been made
subject to an assessment provided for in Part 14.6 (commencing with
Section 34001) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
(b) Marijuana shall be kept behind a counter in an area not
directly accessible to any customer, and shall be stored in a case
that is locked between sales.
(c) Marijuana may not be sold to anyone under 21 years of age.
(d) Punishments for violations in actions against licensees that
are in substantial accord with those applicable to the regulation of
alcohol sales, including heavy penalties for permitting persons under
21 years of age to purchase these products and other appropriate
regulatory provisions concerning matters as the time of sale,
deliveries, and signage. It is the intent of the people in enacting
this act that the regulation of marijuana sales be consistent with
the statutory guidance regarding alcohol sales in Chapter 16
(commencing with Section 25600), to the extent that consistency is
feasible.
(e) Recordkeeping consistent with the regulatory needs of the
department.
26070. Beginning 30 days after the operative date of the
regulations issued pursuant to this chapter, the department shall
begin to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
SEC. 4. Section 7597 of the Government Code is amended to read:
7597. (a) No public employee or member of the public shall smoke
any tobacco or marijuana product inside a public building,
or in an outdoor area within 20 feet of a main exit, entrance, or
operable window of a public building, or in a passenger vehicle, as
defined by Section 465 of the Vehicle Code, owned by the state.
(b) This section shall not preempt the authority of any county,
city, city and county, California Community College campus, campus of
the California State University, or campus of the University of
California to adopt and enforce additional smoking and tobacco
control ordinances, regulations, or policies that are more
restrictive than the applicable standards required by this chapter.

beautiful man!!! where did you find this? ive been looking everywhere!!! nice work!

Frozenguy

Veteran
I know, I just really want to smoke outside.. I mean come on, its PROVEN up and down 30 times to the moon that cigs cause cancer among many other things, yet I still can't smoke a j while walking down the sidewalk to the market.. Oh well.. lol
Maybe one day..

Frozenguy

Veteran
beautiful man!!! where did you find this? ive been looking everywhere!!! nice work!

So this brings up a good point I think.

This legislation talks about a max for license fees.

In Tax/regulate cannabis 2010, Who issues and for how much are the cultivation/sales licenses going to be?

Why wont I ever need a dr recommendation? If I want to grow over 25sqft then I need a recommendation right?

And so this legislation supports the idea that second hand smoke is worse then second hand tobacco smoke? I suppose it makes it "easier" to pass but...

25sqft is not that much room. Some can work with it, but isn't that much room. Especially when you realize they count HARVESTED plants in your 25sq ft. Makes it hard to veg/keep moms/flower/harvest.

Plus, the wording should allow the citizens of the county to directly vote in support or opposition of sales, rather then the county/city officials.

These aren't deal breakers for me, since I'll be medical, but this bill is far from perfect, and I'd like to have a word with whoever wrote it.

for over 25sqft yes you need a dr's rec. that chose 25ft because you can easily produce 2 or more pounds of herb a year in that area. check it. from seed thru veg thru flower, 4 months. 3x a year. with a 1000w light. vegen a month. your doing at least 3/4 lbs per harvest. if you cant pull that off just go buy the shit at the store like beer. thats the beauty of this bill.

no one ever said that herb smoke is worst then cigs. smoking anything around children should never be permitted anyway. as far as in public, i dont like it when a dude fires up a cig near me. so i get it in that respect. it has nothing to do with the effects of the smoke.

if you are worried about clones and moms, flower in a 3x3 and veg in a 2x2. and whats more, if your smart just grow in shelf units. 5x5 as high as you can go bro.

want a word with them??? contact them. i did. and got a response back in a couple of days. here you go.

http://www.taxcannabis.org/page/s/contact

i hope you vote yes! holler at them and let us know what you find out. peace

ChronJohn

2real: What Senior Buzz posted is from the AB390 remake, AB2254, not the initiative. where he got it, the link is at the top of the quote

Believe me Frozen, I feel you.. I'm just glad the initiative gives room for the legislature to expand on its intentions. This could one day include allowing smoking in public. As far as the licensing and all that, it doesn't list any fees (that I recall) only that local governments are free to set them and local governments will handle license applications. It's under the commercial regulations section of the initiative, section 11301

In Tax/regulate cannabis 2010, Who issues and for how much are the cultivation/sales licenses going to be?

the same dept that regulates alcohol. in cali its known as ABC i believe.

read the stuff thats posted man, all the info is there.

dollars ($2,500) per year for each annual renewal.[/
B]

security.
seller.
department.
marijuana.

2real: What Senior Buzz posted is from the AB390 remake, AB2254, not the initiative. where he got it, the link is at the top of the quote

Believe me Frozen, I feel you.. I'm just glad the initiative gives room for the legislature to expand on its intentions. This could one day include allowing smoking in public. As far as the licensing and all that, it doesn't list any fees (that I recall) only that local governments are free to set them and local governments will handle license applications. It's under the commercial regulations section of the initiative, section 11301

oh gotcha. so thats not a part of this initiative? right on. i was wondering cause ive read everything on the tax and reg 2010 initiative and could not find that.

sorry frozen. got confused.

why did he post that then if its not going to be implemented? i guess its a pretty good idea of whats to come. or how it at least could be done.

I know, I just really want to smoke outside.. I mean come on, its PROVEN up and down 30 times to the moon that cigs cause cancer among many other things, yet I still can't smoke a j while walking down the sidewalk to the market.. Oh well.. lol
Maybe one day..

im pretty sure you could smoke where you could drink in public. like at the beach or whatever. you can drink there , i would think you could puff there as well. they said they will implement the same public laws as alcohol so....

Latest posts

Latest posts