What's new

To Legalize Cannabis Or Not To?

To Legalize Cannabis Or Not To?

• Total voters

stc9357

Since the ballot for November will now include cannabis I just wanted to see everybody's position on the subject. My position on the subject is cannabis needs to be legalized for the following reasons in California:

1) Sets a precedent for other states to follow

2) Will force the "War On Drugs" in Mexico and Canada to be scaled back if not stopped (Once either country gathers enough balls to stop allowing the US to set policy in their county.)

3) Will allow people in California to use cannabis who fear reprisals from their workplace

4) Allow for the growth of cannabis tourism in California

So please tell me your opinions on the subject, and whether you believe it will pass or not! Also please no arguing in this thread or exchange of neg. rep.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I will say it again..."Legalize it....don't criticize it...."

To read the Bill
http://www.taxcannabis.org/index.php/pages/initiative/

This is pretty important:
"Such permitted amendments include but are not limited to:
(a) Amendments to the limitations in section 11300, which limitations are minimum thresholds and the Legislature may adopt less restrictive limitations."

If a big corp like Philip Morris decides to sell cannabis, how much would they be able to cultivate on their land (say 100 acres)? Are they also subjected to the "not more than one ounce" stipulation (or whatever stipulation the county makes)? I just didn't see anything in the bill about big corporations.

I'm for legalization, but I am confused as to the role of the feds. If they consider MJ illegal for medical use, how will things be any different if it is legal for recreational use?

I'd rather have gov't regulating weed than the Mexican Cartel or some gang on the streets.
Legalizing (generally speaking) will hurt the criminal black market
But to what extent, it's hard to say.
One can always grow their own, it's not like people won't stop doing that, so, what's to lose? Woohoo!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm for legalization, but I am confused as to the role of the feds. If they consider MJ illegal for medical use, how will things be any different if it is legal for recreational use?

They are gonna kick doors in and show force to stop what is going on here in Cali.. I for one voted NO! I like how it is right now granted some things need to change like dispensary limits and how strain names are handled along with quality of cuttings ect.. This shit goes legal too many lives are going to get fucked with not even just our state but the ones close by with medical marijuana laws cuz those "Cartel Boys" and "Drug Dealing Gangstas" are just going to take that cheap ass legal Cali weed and smuggle it into other states where prices will be the prices are outrageous and make even MORE MONEY!!! Plus like I've stated before all those people that retired to the coast of Northern California are going to have problems and watch the counties they moved to fall apart and kids schools not have supplies see the local grocery store close ect TOO MANY THINGS UP NORTH RELY ON CANNABIS THEY WAY IT IS!!! You gotta quit saying we are selfish but yet I think it's the other way around cuz it's going to affect way more lives than just those of Cannabis lovers and users :tiphat:

intel2000

@ Thundurkel - good to see some differing opinions. I disagree with you overall - but you make some interesting points

stc9357

I would like to give a shout-out to the MODS for moving this to the sub-forum I didn't want it in, I wanted a lot of opinions half the people don't even post in here let alone come in. THANK YOU

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran

They are gonna kick doors in and show force to stop what is going on here in Cali.. I for one voted NO! I like how it is right now granted some things need to change like dispensary limits and how strain names are handled along with quality of cuttings ect.. This shit goes legal too many lives are going to get fucked with not even just our state but the ones close by with medical marijuana laws cuz those "Cartel Boys" and "Drug Dealing Gangstas" are just going to take that cheap ass legal Cali weed and smuggle it into other states where prices will be the prices are outrageous and make even MORE MONEY!!! Plus like I've stated before all those people that retired to the coast of Northern California are going to have problems and watch the counties they moved to fall apart and kids schools not have supplies see the local grocery store close ect TOO MANY THINGS UP NORTH RELY ON CANNABIS THEY WAY IT IS!!! You gotta quit saying we are selfish but yet I think it's the other way around cuz it's going to affect way more lives than just those of Cannabis lovers and users :tiphat:

A little thing called the tenth amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

If this becomes law, then "kicking down doors" will simply be breaking and entering and/or unlawful entry. The Constitution was specifically designed so that what Thundurkel expects will NOT happen.

Nortin

Im not sure who would vote no and be logged into this site......If you voted no you are either making a bunch of money pimping ganja out like a whore in california or some closed minded troll..either way to actually vote no in my opinion is of selfish character. I vote it should be fucking legal everywhere. The only ones who dont think so have interest in controling the minds of the masses for thier own personal gain.

Cali_Boss

i think the pro's far outweigh the con's.

the people who dont like it are just lazy fucks who make a living growing. the people who dont rely on the money and just appreciate the plant for its medicinal and healing properties support it. its just such an improvement from the status quo

<~Hades~>

I voted No ~FUck you pay me !!! or grow your own !!!!:dance013:

God bless the plant that feeds the poor~ upper n middle class always trying to steal from the lower ~always trying to take away any economic equalizers !!!

if california legalizes....its over...all the other states will follow starting with all the medical states and more states are becoming medical every year...
legal= NO JAIL

C

cork144

the biggest pro would be that the criminal aspects of the goverment could no longer make asmuch profit which normaly would go on illegal activitys within the goverment.

asstastic

i say yes
i sy fuck you big time grower you steal my money and and make my personal self pescribed usege look bad in my peers eyes it is you thats wanting it illiegal so you can profit well go sell crack cuz your hurting just as much
this will make it possible for people like myself to supply them selfs and every dollar i dont spend on pot i can use to better my life in stead of yours if you big growers cant stop growing than grow industerly and grow freely i hate all you growers that want it ilegal you are why it ilegal you are nobody the only way you get ahead is by having an advantge well just wait till its legal youll be the dumb ass still gitting put in jail for mj cuz you will excede the limit cuz your gready
oh did i mention i hate you
this is not at any one person but all gready growers :moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:...

Latest posts

Latest posts