What's new

Tikal

Eleutherios

I really wish that you could edit posts. Anyways, I just wanted to mention that indoors, my ballast's igniter went out. It took me a few days to notice. Then my timer burned out... At any rate, many strains, that I have grown, will just quit flowering correctly if they get stressed out. While the Tikal did stop, it bounced back each time. It just strikes me as a very hardy plant.

Maybe not what I would recommend for someone's 1st grow (unless they were in a good outdoor climate) but an extremely solid strain, none the less. Not the fastest, the highest yielding, or the most insanely potent, but it gets the job done well and it is a hell of a lot more hardy than a lot of the stuff out there. Plus I have seen it put a smile on a clinically depressed person's face when the near 30% dispensary weed and the CBD edibles and what have you failed. There is a lot to these CBG rich sativas and this one is fantastic.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Eleutherios,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with our beloved Tikal strain, your comments really put a big smile on my face :)

Glad you found 3 peach incensey phenos, those are usually super interesting for refined terpenes and lovely hazy effects as well,
they are also very interesting as breeding stock or to keep them in clone form for future sinse grows.

As you said, Tikal is not the fastest flowering or highest yielding strain,
but the quality of her mood enhancing and uplifting effects and her fruity terpenes make of her a very special sativa strain,
especially for those looking for the more up and happy central american sativa effects,
as you described, many Tikal expressions produce a finished product reminiscent of the best old mexican sativa effects,
before they got too much contaminated with indica genetics.

Your feedback is much appreciated, and komanche, the breeder of Tikal strain will be very happy to hear it :dance013:

Anybody out there in internet land ever rock this outdoor, west of the Cascades? If so, at around what latitude? Really enjoying this stuff from my indoor. Finished 4 females. 3 with the peachy incense thing.

REALLY good smoke after a few months of slow curing. It reminds me a lot of good quality Mexican smoke and regional varieties bred from it, from my youth, in The South. The 4th pheno even had some old school Mexican skunkiness to it. I wish that I would have kept all of the seeds separate. Instead, I only separated the earliest one (a peach-incense pheno)

This stuff has good medical effect as a mood stabilizer (as per most sativas) but is also very warm and uplifting, without any real anxiety. It isn't a silly-happy sort of effect, just a sort of warm calm; very functional.

Mountainkush

Started another Tikal to see what else I can find. This first one is amazing and I can’t get over how strong it is.
This one is has much wider fingers and less branching then the last one. She’s not the happiest with her food but seems happy enough for now being fed the same as 18 others. I’ll have separate feed tanks for the light eaters when they go to flower.
Almost 4 weeks from seed
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush,

Pleased to hear you miss enough your previous Tikal to continue exploring the expressions of this classic ACE Seeds strain. :huggg:

The main leaves look fairly indica, but the thin stems and strong branching since early stages is also a sign of good amount of sativa influence.
Best wishes with her! :yes:

Mountainkush

Hi MountainKush,

Pleased to hear you miss enough your previous Tikal to continue exploring the expressions of this classic ACE Seeds strain. :huggg:

The main leaves look fairly indica, but the thin stems and strong branching since early stages is also a sign of good amount of sativa influence.
Best wishes with her! :yes:

Hey Dubi
Thank you, this is a favourite for sure.
It definitely looks more Indica/hybrid than my first one. Hoping for some peach this time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi newbert,

Tikal's effect is cerebral, expansive, happy, mood enhancing, stimulating, but bright and positive, not dark, neither anxious or thought provoking in a bad way, quite the opposite.

Mountainkush

That’s a great description Dubi. My first one is almost too stimulating.
No way I can sit still after smoking it. It’s like I drank too many shots of espresso or something like that. But get up and start doing something and a couple hours will pass before you realize how much you just got done and when you stop to think you also realize how high you still are.

This one is looking better with stronger lighting. It was placed under some T5s with my mothers to stay small while my Indicas vegged longer. In the future I think I’ll do separate grows for my daytime or nighttime smoke.

7 weeks from seed and first day of flower
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mountainkush

I was looking back at some pics and thought this was interesting. I’m sure it happens more often when you pop a lot of seeds but I think this is my first plant with 3 fingers for its first leaves.
Same plant pictured above.
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Great thread.

The clear, uplifting, happy effects described in this line (and several others such as Ethiopian, Honduras, Banghi haze) are very interesting to me. I guess I’m just going to have to grow them all so I can compare for myself

:dance013:

Eleutherios

The sample, that I have managed to hold onto the longest, has developed the most uniform golden coloration. I was just curious how common this is among phenos or if it was from something specific but unintentional that I did during curing.

Mountainkush

18 days in flower tent
Stems have a wonderful peachy smell.
picture.php

22 days and probably a week behind the rest of the girls in my tent at this point. Very stretchy lanky girl like the first one I grew and has a structure similar to my Nevils haze X panama or Thai Chi. Very long thin stems, long internode spacing and extremely flexible.
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
18 days in flower tent
Stems have a wonderful peachy smell.
View Image
22 days and probably a week behind the rest of the girls in my tent at this point. Very stretchy lanky girl like the first one I grew and has a structure similar to my Nevils haze X panama or Thai Chi. Very long thin stems, long internode spacing and extremely flexible.
View Image

Beautiful MK, simply beautiful. The description of the high here in this sticky sounds very nice. I’ll be keeping an eye out to see how this one finishes for ya :lurk:

Mountainkush

Thanks a lot OZZ, it is quite something. I’ve been smoking on the first one more regularly lately and still have a couple jars left. Plant was cut down on February 21 2019 and still tastes and smells like it did last year. I got 18 1 litre jar from the first one and have 3 left. Very similar structure this time but the stems smelled like eucalyptus and mint if I’m remembering right and that plant went from strawberries to some funky incense and this one is all peaches so far.

Mountainkush

My Tikal at 4 weeks is the only one still stretching in the tent and had to be tied down again and some branches removed so she doesn’t over grow her neighbors. Lights have been 11/13 since day one.
picture.php

Mountainkush

6 weeks and still not doing much. My first one I grew went 16 weeks so guessing this seed is a similar pheno. It was and still is amazing to smoke (17 month cure now) so fingers crossed I don’t mess this one up too bad.
picture.php

Lower down and a more natural colour. I think I replaced my HPS bulbs for the last time and will be upgrading to some leds like I did for my veg space. Really getting tired of the yellow.
picture.php

Couldn’t get a clearer pic but the top two pics are the branch at the top left stretching over my orient express.
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
My first one I grew went 16 weeks so guessing this seed is a similar pheno. It was and still is amazing to smoke (17 month cure now) so fingers crossed I don’t mess this one up too bad

Care to delve into that a bit more there my friend? I would mind seeing if your smoke report resembles the others listed here. Sounds like very blissful feel good weed. I’m strongly considering giving this a run soon because of that. It’s hard to choose with limited space and so many excellent genetics available.

Mountainkush

Care to delve into that a bit more there my friend? I would mind seeing if your smoke report resembles the others listed here. Sounds like very blissful feel good weed. I’m strongly considering giving this a run soon because of that. It’s hard to choose with limited space and so many excellent genetics available.
Hey OZZ, don’t mind at all
If you go back to post #547 then work backwards through the pages you can see how that one grew.
I’m not the best at describing effects but I’ll try.
It was almost too much for me at first and even after this long it’s still strong as hell. Like drinking too much espresso or something. Zero body and full on wired and ready for anything. Trying to sit still on this stuff reminds me of doing blow in my younger years. You just have to get up and do something. Very clear with no paranoia and just fades away at the end with no burn out. I love this stuff for doing anything outside, work or play.
I have noticed the occasional spacy or dreamy moments when smoking a lot similar to what I get from my Nevils haze X Panama. Which makes sense with the nl5/haze side of Tikal. Amazing stuff but not sure how other plants would compare.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ, don’t mind at all
If you go back to post #547 then work backwards through the pages you can see how that one grew.
I’m not the best at describing effects but I’ll try.
It was almost too much for me at first and even after this long it’s still strong as hell. Like drinking too much espresso or something. Zero body and full on wired and ready for anything. Trying to sit still on this stuff reminds me of doing blow in my younger years. You just have to get up and do something. Very clear with no paranoia and just fades away at the end with no burn out. I love this stuff for doing anything outside, work or play.
I have noticed the occasional spacy or dreamy moments when smoking a lot similar to what I get from my Nevils haze X Panama. Which makes sense with the nl5/haze side of Tikal. Amazing stuff but not sure how other plants would compare.

Thanks MK- my mistake I see you described it a little ways back, so many threads sometimes they get jumbled together :biggrin:

Haha... she’s looking great, if you upgrade to LEDs you may find your flowering time decreasing by a few weeks on some strains. LEDs seem to have that affect on some strains :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Eleutherios,

Many Central American sativas (and many other strains) can get golden colors after a long curing, feeding/flushing also affect to the final colors during curing.