What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Mountainkush

11/13 on the light times. Don’t drop it to soon. 10/14 in the last few weeks only. It is an equatorial so patients is all I can suggest.
Pale green seems normal for this strain, don’t over do with fertilizer. May need nitrogen later to keep it going as it is a long runner.

Hey corn, I love this strain too
My first one went 16 weeks and tried to completely take over my tent. That was almost 2 years ago and I’m still enjoying the flowers from that one. I already put it down to 10 hours and 45 minutes of daylight and will leaving it there for now.
When I said I hope it will be worth it I just meant I hope I don’t go through all this just to ruin it again like the first time I tried to flower the seed plant this clone came from back in the summer.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you and your friends liked Tikal so much and that she made the differennce ;) Your feedback is much appreciated.

Hopefully the experience motivates you to grow Tikal again, it's quite easy to find much faster flowering phenotypes carrying the desired peachy/strawberry incensey terpene profiles and lovely positive uplifting Central American sativa effects.

One of my favorite Ace strains. I had a couple a few years ago one female and a male. The female took a long time to finish. Around 14 or 15 weeks. Took forever to finish almost gave up and harvested early, but glad I didn’t. It was peachy, but didn’t smell that way till last few weeks. Smelled really bad for awhile, like rotten meat, kinda made me want to get rid of it. The finished bud was definitely a Central America sativa. Great taste and buzz. Friends loved it and always asked for over other modern strains. Mine looked a lot like your pics. Had light green, pale looking green, seems normal. The male I had was a different beast all together. It grew into a 15’ tall monster with huge fan leaves. Probably the other genetics in it. I think it has kush genes in it. I would love to grow again but it is a long flowering equatorial and can get real big. Just keep growing it you will be happy. Mine took awhile to get filled out buds also.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

Looks like you got very Hazy-Guatemala tropical phenotypes in your Tikal pack, they are more difficult to keep healthy and green in pots than the faster flowering ones since their 'feeding window' is narrower, but i'm sure with patience and careful observation she will come to a good end.

Mountainkush

Hi Mountainkush,

Looks like you got very Hazy-Guatemala tropical phenotypes in your Tikal pack, they are more difficult to keep healthy and green in pots than the faster flowering ones since their 'feeding window' is narrower, but i'm sure with patience and careful observation she will come to a good end.
Hey Dubi,
She sure is picky but I think I’m close to making her happy. I’ve been trying to keep a closer eye on her health especially after making any changes. I plan on growing mostly long flowering sativas in the future so I need to figure this out sooner than later.
I’m really curious to see what the last seed of my 3 pack turns out like.
6 weeks
This was about the time my first attempt failed miserably
picture.php

This is the rest of the branch from the growth tip pictured above.
picture.php

Some lower branches look a lot better which makes me think too much heat or wind might be causing some of my problems. The leaves with burnt tips belong to my Guawi witch was being under fed on the same feed as this Tikal and then got over fed when I switched it’s feed line over to the main tank.
picture.php

Whole plant, grew into quite the bush so far. I’ll probably have to make some room for her be rearranging the other plants
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey Dubi,
She sure is picky but I think I’m close to making her happy. I’ve been trying to keep a closer eye on her health especially after making any changes. I plan on growing mostly long flowering sativas in the future so I need to figure this out sooner than later.
I’m really curious to see what the last seed of my 3 pack turns out like.
6 weeks
This was about the time my first attempt failed miserably
View Image
This is the rest of the branch from the growth tip pictured above.
View Image
Some lower branches look a lot better which makes me think too much heat or wind might be causing some of my problems. The leaves with burnt tips belong to my Guawi witch was being under fed on the same feed as this Tikal and then got over fed when I switched it’s feed line over to the main tank.
View Image
Whole plant, grew into quite the bush so far. I’ll probably have to make some room for her be rearranging the other plants
View Image

I think she’s looking good overall MK. Nice big bush for sure. What size tent is that? Still trying to decide if I want to get something bigger or just stick with several smaller tents.

Mountainkush

I think she’s looking good overall MK. Nice big bush for sure. What size tent is that? Still trying to decide if I want to get something bigger or just stick with several smaller tents.

Hey OZZ, it’s a 4x6 tent. I’d like something bigger myself like a 4x8 but just don’t have the room. Several smaller ones would be cool too I guess and would make it easy to look after the plants by not having to move some to get at the ones in the back.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ, it’s a 4x6 tent. I’d like something bigger myself like a 4x8 but just don’t have the room. Several smaller ones would be cool too I guess and would make it easy to look after the plants by not having to move some to get at the ones in the back.

Hey MK- good point! Sorry for the slow response. I never thought about having to get to the back I can see that being a pain.

I think for now I’ve decided to use what I have, will be two 3x3s and a 2x2 for separate flowering chambers and a 4x2 for moms/clones/early veg :skiiing:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hello Dubi,

Have you tested multiple samples of Tikal lines over the years? Im interested and quite surprised by the the relatively high content of CBC in one of the tests you posted. Im curious to know if the higher CBC individual was an anomaly or have you observed it again in other individuals from the Tikal line?
I cant wait to get my hands on your CBD 1, which i observed has higher cbc than others but not as high as the that one Tikal individual posted. True north is currently sold out of cbd1, so i will wait. All good things in due course.
Is increasing CBC an objective in your breeding programs? Its pretty neat to see it pop up during your progress in breeding CBD1! Gimme my neurogenesis!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush,

How did your latest Tikal did through the flowering ? Hope she came to a good end! All the best for 2021! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi robotwithdreams,

We are always interested to breed for rarer-less frequent cannabinoids but haven't found any population yet that produces CBC in a remarkable way.... CBD #1 produces it in a more consistent way but with little content (around 0.4 %) while the analyzed Tikal with higher CBC content was around 1%, it's a start but still not enough high to breed for them.

Mountainkush

Hi MountainKush,

How did your latest Tikal did through the flowering ? Hope she came to a good end! All the best for 2021! :)

Hey Dubi
She’s still in my tent just past 16 weeks.
I’ve had some deficiencies and lockouts along the way plus it tried to reveg on me again. Would probably be done by now if that didn’t happen.
Still smells peachy/fruity, fresh and sweet and is starting to get pretty frosty.
It’s got the tent to itself now
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely MountanKush :) Thanks for the update!

Your Tikal pheno looks killer despite it's a long flowering expression. By the way she is flowering, she is showing the massive NL/Haze flowering style (and Tikal only contains 25 % of NL/Haze and this breeding step was done in the first outcross 20 years ago!) with those long, chunky, agressive flowers with corn shaped reflowerings. Glad the signature Tikal peachy-fruity terpenes are also present, looks and sound VERY promising!

Mountainkush

Lovely MountanKush :) Thanks for the update!

Your Tikal pheno looks killer despite it's a long flowering expression. By the way she is flowering, she is showing the massive NL/Haze flowering style (and Tikal only contains 25 % of NL/Haze and this breeding step was done in the first outcross 20 years ago!) with those long, chunky, agressive flowers with corn shaped reflowerings. Glad the signature Tikal peachy-fruity terpenes are also present, looks and sound VERY promising!

Hey Dubi. That’s pretty cool. This one grew very similar to the first one so it will be interesting when I pop the last seed from my 3 pack.

Peachy and fruity till the end for this stubborn Tikal

Cut her down yesterday at 21 week!
Natural sunlight
picture.php

Amazing how different it looks inside the drying tent
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful friend ;) Congrats on the harvest!

Yeah, i remember seeing (growing and smoking) Tikal phenos like yours in the very first Tikal fem release around 2008, it was excellent, strongly NL/Haze influenced, massive yielding, very very potent and incensey, longer flowering than most Tikal phenos. At that time, those phenos didn't have the peachy terpene profile, since this terpene profile was found and worked towards at least 5-6 years later. Enjoy!

Mountainkush

Thanks Dubi,
That’s pretty interesting how rare this pheno seems to be. It’s got a nice light fruity scent now that it’s finished and the only real strong peach seemed to come from the stems. And you don’t even have to rub them. When you do you also get a Vick’s vapour rub menthol.
Early samples from 19 weeks are very promising and very clean with no body high and no come down. Can’t wait to see what the 21 week buds are like

picture.php

Forgot to mention before that my Purple Zamal x Panama had a couple(exactly 2) small clusters of bananas between 14-15 weeks just before I cut it down. Ended up pollinating my Tikal and since it went so long the seeds ended up fully developed. Not many and all are on the very outside of the few flowers that got hit so wasn’t a big deal. More of a happy accident hopefully.

Since the Tikal was very stable and the P ZamxPan wasn’t TOO bad, do you think the offspring would give me many intersex problems? Not looking to breed with these, just thought I’d grow a couple for fun.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks Dubi,
That’s pretty interesting how rare this pheno seems to be. It’s got a nice light fruity scent now that it’s finished and the only real strong peach seemed to come from the stems. And you don’t even have to rub them. When you do you also get a Vick’s vapour rub menthol.
Early samples from 19 weeks are very promising and very clean with no body high and no come down. Can’t wait to see what the 21 week buds are like

View Image

Forgot to mention before that my Purple Zamal x Panama had a couple(exactly 2) small clusters of bananas between 14-15 weeks just before I cut it down. Ended up pollinating my Tikal and since it went so long they ended up fully developed. Not many and all are on the very outside of the few that got hit so wasn’t a big deal. More of a happy accident hopefully.

Since the Tikal was very stable and the P ZamxPan wasn’t TOO bad, do you think the offspring would give me many intersex problems? Not looking to breed with these, just thought I’d grow a couple for fun.

WoW MC!! Amazing job buddy! That’s looker! Did you keep a clone at all? Would be interesting to see how much faster a clone might be.... maybe get you down to 17-18 weeks or so?

Mountainkush

WoW MC!! Amazing job buddy! That’s looker! Did you keep a clone at all? Would be interesting to see how much faster a clone might be.... maybe get you down to 17-18 weeks or so?

Thanks OZZ. It wasn’t easy to keep her happy but glad I didn’t give up on her. This actually was a clone and my second attempt with this plant. Didn’t go well with the original seed plant.

I lost the mother I kept unfortunately.
Gonna be interesting to see what my last seed does after the first two were so wild.
I might have to order another pack to see if I can get one of the more compact, faster flowering phenos to compare.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks OZZ. It wasn’t easy to keep her happy but glad I didn’t give up on her. This actually was a clone and my second attempt with this plant. Didn’t go well with the original seed plant.

I lost the mother I kept unfortunately.
Gonna be interesting to see what my last seed does after the first two were so wild.
I might have to order another pack to see if I can get one of the more compact, faster flowering phenos to compare.

21 weeks on a clone!? That’s definitely wild but she sure is a beauty. Your really doing a great job on some of these strains lately. Great work man :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts